Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2016, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Haven't tried to do that, but I hope somebody else can answer your question because I would be interested to know. Are the addresses on both accounts identical? That was a problem with the takeover by British Airways of bmi, when people were transferring miles from Diamond Club to BAEC.

Back to the Iberia Groupon deal, and both mileage packages I purchased, 2,000 and 10,000 miles, have posted to my account twice. Now, I am assuming that this is a mistake that they're eventually going to see and correct. So, I'm trying not to get excited about it!
Old Jan 2, 2016, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skysun
hi, is anyone having error while transfer IB Avios to BA Avios which is BA family account?
You can't transfer from IB into a BA Household account.

You need an avios.com account. Check the BA board for details.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But if you transfer Avios from IB to BA and vv then everything has to match in terms of your account details, right? Address, email and all that? In my case, my IB account has a German address and my BA account a British address.

Still got a pile of doubly credited Avios in my account. But if something's going to happen, it will be from tomorrow on, although it won't be the first time I might be wrong with this idea that I have that nothing happens on a Sunday!
Old Jan 3, 2016, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Concerto
But if you transfer Avios from IB to BA and vv then everything has to match in terms of your account details, right? Address, email and all that? In my case, my IB account has a German address and my BA account a British address.

Still got a pile of doubly credited Avios in my account. But if something's going to happen, it will be from tomorrow on, although it won't be the first time I might be wrong with this idea that I have that nothing happens on a Sunday!
IME postal address does not matter. Name has to be exact - so Spanish people with their double surnames cannot use Combine my Avios online. E-mail has to be the same.

I dug out the long thread on the BA board where all required info ought to be available...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-avios-ba.html
Old Jan 3, 2016, 9:06 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
I bought a couple of packs around the 21st of December. Nothing posted to iberia yet. Anyone else in my boat?
Old Jan 3, 2016, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
I bought a couple of packs around the 21st of December. Nothing posted to iberia yet. Anyone else in my boat?
Same boat as you, purchased on the 21st and no points credited yet.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mine were purchased on the 20th December and came through on 2nd January. I would expect yours to post this week, frankly, but don't be too impatient because these things can be inexplicably variable. If you've got to next week and still nothing has happened, then you need to follow up. Has your card actually been charged?

Last edited by Concerto; Jan 4, 2016 at 2:33 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 4, 2016, 1:29 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by Agustinl71
Same boat as you, purchased on the 21st and no points credited yet.
I'm thirded on this. It's still not the 15 days they said. Be patient, especially considering we are still in the holiday period in Spain.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:50 am

I also purchased some on 21st and have not had any credited. The ones I purchased on 17th credited last week.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 9:05 am

I bought 2000 avios and tried to redeem below link.

http://ticket.groupon.es/ticket_es/iberia/

I put the codes from the coupon and email address. Then I clicked Validar Cupon.

But it says 'Este cupón ya ha sido usado' and nothing I can do. I never put my IB number.

How does it work? Please let me know.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:41 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by 100soo
I bought 2000 avios and tried to redeem below link.

http://ticket.groupon.es/ticket_es/iberia/

I put the codes from the coupon and email address. Then I clicked Validar Cupon.

But it says 'Este cupón ya ha sido usado' and nothing I can do. I never put my IB number.

How does it work? Please let me know.
Welcome to FT 100soo!

Some of us had the same problem. Keep on trying and finally it should be OK.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
I'm thirded on this. It's still not the 15 days they said. Be patient, especially considering we are still in the holiday period in Spain.
I was basing my expectation of the miles/points posting based on the following,

3. Una vez realizado el paso anterior, tus Avios estarán cargados en tu tarjeta Iberia Plus en máximo 10 días laborables, para usarlos cuando tú quieras.

Based on that it is already beyond that timeframe, if I base it on being in the US.

Last edited by Agustinl71; Jan 6, 2016 at 12:20 pm
Old Jan 6, 2016, 12:26 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by Agustinl71
I was basing my expectation of the miles/points posting based on the following,

3. Una vez realizado el paso anterior, tus Avios estarán cargados en tu tarjeta Iberia Plus en máximo 10 días laborables, para usarlos cuando tú quieras.

Based on that it is already beyond that timeframe, if I base it on being in the US.
Today is not a work day. And 24 and 31 are iffy in a lot of places or maybe count for a half.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Today is not a work day. And 24 and 31 are iffy in a lot of places or maybe count for a half.
I'm in the US, based on what you stated then it's only been 7 working days since I made the purchase.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 11:23 am

Programs: Chicago Transit Authority: Kevlar
Good Afternoon Iberians,
I came across this mile purchase opportunity on the "The Points Guy" blog:
http://thepointsguy.com/2015/12/iber...04-cents-each/

I did my purchase on 12-21, the day this info was published in the above link. Still no miles in my account so I went back and looked at the updated comments in the above article. Apparently there is some sort of delay for some where there is a message in their individuals Groupon.es account and for others there has been an unrequested refund of charges. Also there were previous reports of some getting "double" miles. All of this could be related to overall technical incompetence by Groupon.es or Iberia. Just thought I would put this into the Flyertalk mix. I have not received a refund or a message in my Groupon.es account or single or double miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.