Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia - Europcar - getting avios

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2014, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Iberia - Europcar - getting avios

Hi,

I had a long rental worth about 7,000 avios with Europcar which I 'credited' to my Iberia account.

It's three and a half weeks later and obviously nothing is showing up in Iberia.

Apart from writing to the email they give at Iberia for this (which is a Europcar email by the way), is there anything else I should do? I'm not particularly hopeful about getting anything from them and really went with Europcar because they were so much cheaper at the time.

I did notice that Europcar have a form you can submit on but is that better than the email? Or perhaps doing both is the best idea.

Any suggestions or experience would be appreciated!
Old Mar 27, 2014, 3:33 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
That is not much time for this sort of thing. Some of my avios from partners take months.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Yea, I thought of that too, but I don't want to wait until months have passed since then it might be too late to submit a claim.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by hosedown
I did notice that Europcar have a form you can submit on but is that better than the email? Or perhaps doing both is the best idea.

Any suggestions or experience would be appreciated!
Perhaps both.

This form - https://microsite.europcar.com/claim_miles/claim.html - invites you to claim after 4 weeks. I used it successfully last year for a rental in South Africa. Europcar South Africa don't seem to recognise any other airline than SAA but the international claims office does.

I've tried it again for a rental in South Africa this year. In spite of my supplying all the information requested, they've come back with a request to supply a copy of the rental itself and a copy of my IB card.

Yes, I'll comply, but this is no way to earn customer loyalty.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Roger
Perhaps both.

This form - https://microsite.europcar.com/claim_miles/claim.html - invites you to claim after 4 weeks. I used it successfully last year for a rental in South Africa. Europcar South Africa don't seem to recognise any other airline than SAA but the international claims office does.

I've tried it again for a rental in South Africa this year. In spite of my supplying all the information requested, they've come back with a request to supply a copy of the rental itself and a copy of my IB card.

Yes, I'll comply, but this is no way to earn customer loyalty.
Totally agree, and what's more it's absolutely pathetic on their part: it should be a simple couple of clicks to bring up your past rental details, once they have your name.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll wait another week before submitting the claim.

In general I don't trust Iberia to credit me with anything besides their own flights, and I only did it this time because it was that or nothing. Europcar as well don't seem particularly good at crediting anything, and in fact my long rental disappeared from my account there as well for a while. No to mention they've 'improved' their own loyalty program, by which they mean they've taken away the 30% discount they used to offer.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 2:34 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
If you create a Europcar profile on the Europcar website, you can also miles for your rentals once logged in. You won't need so many details either.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jbfield
If you create a Europcar profile on the Europcar website, you can also miles for your rentals once logged in. You won't need so many details either.
Hi jbfield,

Thanks. Yes, before I even booked the rental I had my Europcar profile set up and I booked the rental through my profile. It showed up fine in my Europcar account once booked, then for about 2 weeks after I had returned the car it completely disappeared from my account, and now it shows up as counting towards Priviledge but not in my 'completed rentals'. Pretty hopeless website/system in my view.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Just to let you know: I decided to send in my missing avios query today. On Iberia's website once you log in it says claim missing avios, and something about "tell us and we'll fix it for you". Gave me a bad feeling straight away. Needless to say the email address they tell you to write to to claim missing europcar avios is:

"Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:".

The email address doesn't exist anymore.

So I went to the Europcar site and filled in the form there instead. No confirmation anywhere after submitting it.

Pretty hopeless.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by Roger
Message back:
After checking your rental agreement, you benefited from 2250 standard and 4500 bonus miles which will be sent on the 15/04/2014.
Your membership account will be credited as soon as IBERIA will validate your transaction.
For 6,750 Avios it was worthwhile, even if overdue.
Old May 10, 2014, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Just to update that in the end my avios did come through to my Iberia Plus account correctly. Took about two months from when I returned the car so not that bad in the end, and had to submit a claim on the Europcar website.

Anyone know how they calculate these bonus miles? What is that for?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.