Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt + Amex Fine hotel and resorts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Hi-

If I'm a globalist and booking through Amex' FHR program, I know I get stay credit etc. but do I get the benefit of Globalist waived resort fees?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:32 pm

yes, from experience at HR Lake Tahoe, with the caveat that my experience is based on the comparable Virtuoso rate

i always find either better benefits or better rate with ClassicTravel Virtuoso self-service bookings vs. AMEX FHR. For instance, Virtuoso rate will pare with Sunshine On Sale 4th Night Free while AMEX offers only the standard rate
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Isn’t the resort fee waiver only on all-points bookings?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by josephstern
Isn’t the resort fee waiver only on all-points bookings?
NO, Globs avoid resort fees on all Hyatt-eligible bookings while the free parking for Globs only applies to award stays.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

I’ll let you know how I fare (staying at the Andaz Maui in a couple of weeks), The sixth night free deal that FHR was offering was a great deal compared to booking direct, even as globalist.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by rabido
I’ll let you know how I fare (staying at the Andaz Maui in a couple of weeks), The sixth night free deal that FHR was offering was a great deal compared to booking direct, even as globalist.
The good thing is that even if Glob benefits were not applied per the new policy- which is utterly stupid if that's the case for FHR/Virtuoso rates- most benefits e.g. upgrade and breakfast are included either way.

In the fast FHR and Virtuoso offen stacked with Hyatt Diamond, resuting in double upgrades, or even more generous upgrades.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:29 pm

The front desk at Andaz Maui didn't waive resort fees for my FHR reservation earlier this year. Said it was not an eligible rate.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 9:33 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by princesakura
The front desk at Andaz Maui didn't waive resort fees for my FHR reservation earlier this year. Said it was not an eligible rate.
That hotel is notoriously bad with regard to status benefits.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

They did waive the resort fees, on both rooms. All in all worked out great. My spa credit of $100 per room wasn't initially applied and had to get them to credit me post invoice.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 8:06 am

They did waive the resort fees, on both rooms. All in all worked out great. My spa credit of $100 per room wasn't initially applied and had to get them to credit me post invoice.
Did they automatically waive the resort fee or did you have to ask them to waive it?
Old Dec 28, 2017, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

My first room was waived. Second room I had to ask for it but there was no quibbling or indication that they were doing me a favor.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:57 am

Recent stay at Hyatt Indian Wells

stayed here on an FHR booking and I am a globalist now. When it came to a room upgrade they only upgraded me 1 level from my base booking. I inquired about a suite and they said with FHR booking they typically only upgrade 1 level and not multiple levels. I mentioned my globalist status and they said the FHR is a 3rd party booking and tried to distinguish it. I did push to get resort fee waived and club access but this was a little bit of a struggle. The hotel felt very strongly that FHR was a 3rd party and had no obligation to upgrade me to a standard suite.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by slm9555
I did push to get resort fee waived and club access but this was a little bit of a struggle. The hotel felt very strongly that FHR was a 3rd party and had no obligation to upgrade me to a standard suite.
It seems like Hyatts are working harder these days to limit benefits unless you book directly through the website/hyatt phone line. Several years ago I used to stay at Indian Wells on FHR and had no problems getting FHR benefits. But I also stayed at Indian Wells recently on a non-FHR, regular Hyatt booking as a Globalist and found the benefits to be restricted compared to prior Diamond treatment. It looks like this hotel in particular is getting less generous with upgrades and benefits, whether for Globalist or FHR.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by slm9555
stayed here on an FHR booking and I am a globalist now. When it came to a room upgrade they only upgraded me 1 level from my base booking. I inquired about a suite and they said with FHR booking they typically only upgrade 1 level and not multiple levels. I mentioned my globalist status and they said the FHR is a 3rd party booking and tried to distinguish it. I did push to get resort fee waived and club access but this was a little bit of a struggle. The hotel felt very strongly that FHR was a 3rd party and had no obligation to upgrade me to a standard suite.
They are wrong. The issue is not whether you've booked through a third party, it's whether you've booked an eligible rate. AMEX bookings have traditionally been "eligible" rates, whereas wholesale rates (e.g., Expedia) have not.

​​​
Originally Posted by Katlor
It seems like Hyatts are working harder these days to limit benefits unless you book directly through the website/hyatt phone line.
Definitely true, but this is a slightly different phenomenon, namely some Hyatt properties doing everything they can to weasel out of providing published benefits.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Get a manager, escalate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.