Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free bottle of water.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by jasonvr
You beat me to it. I just took the same photo at the HR Santa Clara. Of course that means I need to have housekeeping service to get refills. They are the big bottles though
my photo was taken there too.

they seem to have most most of the woh regalia on property.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 12:22 am

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I got charged $3 for water when I asked about some at the Hyatt House in Belmont CA. On the plus side, she gave me 2 for the price of one.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 12:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
But it was points eligible, yes?
Old Mar 17, 2017, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Chukiechz
I got charged $3 for water when I asked about some at the Hyatt House in Belmont CA. On the plus side, she gave me 2 for the price of one.
Why didn't you push back? For all the stuff that has changed, at least they could provide this almost meaningless benefit consistently

BTW - I never really read the "water terms" before as it didn't matter, but anyone else see that one option for hotels is to provide a reusable container and a filtered filling station?
Old Mar 17, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Last week checked into the Andaz Savannah, was told my mini fridge was stocked with free non alcoholic beverages and snacks. What they didn't mention was that the 2 water bottles were opened and half full, and the candy bar was bitten into and left on the shelf. When I called down to complain, I was told 'sorry' they'll refill, upon check out the next day, still no new water.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Each and every violation of the water benefit (half a used bottle?!) should be reported as a complaint to WoH with a request for compensation.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 4:48 pm

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Why didn't you push back? For all the stuff that has changed, at least they could provide this almost meaningless benefit consistently

BTW - I never really read the "water terms" before as it didn't matter, but anyone else see that one option for hotels is to provide a reusable container and a filtered filling station?
I really didn't know it was a benefit until I read this thread. Had I known, I probably would've asked as a matter of principal. They take away the amenity points, so might as well get my water!!
Old Mar 17, 2017, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
We are in the process of an 11 night HP stay. For a while housekeeping was bringing up water and a little package of nuts. Then they realized we were there for 11 nights, and stopped doing that. My girlfriend has been getting the water at the front desk each day, but it's not a particularly efficient system for anybody involved in the process.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 9:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Heads up friends. Currently at the Hyatt Confidante Miami Beach. The waters in the room are not free and come with a charge. If you want a free water, you have to go to the front desk and ask for a "welcome water." You can ask for one water per day. Don't make the same mistake I did and drink the one in the room. $$$

Also, they won't bring you the water. You have to go down and get it. Tricky!
Old Mar 20, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Is this really worth the hassle?? If I stay somewhere and there is no lounge where I can get a few bottles at once, I just buy a six pack or two of water (depending on length of stay) from the nearest grocery/ drugstore / gas station etc. It will cost me $3-$6. The time I save trekking down to front desk to beg for water daily is worth more than $3!!
Old Mar 20, 2017, 9:37 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
I was thinking the same. This thread must be cynical.. gosh..

I can't believe that anybody would really go through such a hassle. And if you can afford a night in a hotel, my gosh.. is it that bad if you need to buy a bottle of water.
Be thankful that you can afford a hotel room. so many people do not have a place to stay nor a bottle of water....

Writing a comment in this thread (often probably on working time I presume...) will cost more than the bottle of water....

same as with the BRG thread... simply not worth the hassle, but apparently people have hours to spend on searching the cheapest rate and then trying to get some bucks back...
Old Mar 20, 2017, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
>I can't believe that anybody would really go through such a hassle. And if you can afford a night in a hotel, my gosh.. is it that bad if you need to buy a bottle of water.
Be thankful that you can afford a hotel room. so many people do not have a place to stay nor a bottle of water....

>Writing a comment in this thread (often probably on working time I presume...) will cost more than the bottle of water....

>same as with the BRG thread... simply not worth the hassle, but apparently people have hours to spend on searching the cheapest rate and then trying to get some bucks back...

These are all personal decisions. You can only set your own priorities.

For example, you have chosen to spend time here instead of spending that time helping the needy you speak of. Your time, your choice. Our time, our choice.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
It's not about being able to afford the water, it's about Hyatt destroying their program, adamantly insisting that the new benefits (free water, various 1-4 certificates, Globalist suite upgrades) more than make up for that destruction, and then not consistently delivering on those new benefits.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
I am for one will trek down for my free water. That's 2.50 I dont have to spend on water elsewhere. LOL

Yes my b/f thinks I'm crazy for insisting they at least give me my free water lol but hey its a benefit and I will darn well take advantage of it.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:57 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Originally Posted by 59Impala
I can't believe that anybody would really go through such a hassle. And if you can afford a night in a hotel, my gosh.. is it that bad if you need to buy a bottle of water.
Amen....hallelujah, brother.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.