Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Government rate not eligible for points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2013, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold

I have just finished a great stay at the Andaz Liverpool street. However, at check out they stated that because the rate was a Government rate (which I am entitled to) and already discounted no points will be given.

This the first time I am hearing about such a claim. The rate was booked via Hyatt.com and it was never disclosed it would not be point accrual rate. I stay often enough on Government rate and never seen this before.

Is it the case? If do it is extremely disappointed as I would miss the quarterly bonus as the nights will not be eligible.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 10:29 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
I have just finished a great stay at the Andaz Liverpool street. However, at check out they stated that because the rate was a Government rate (which I am entitled to) and already discounted no points will be given.

This the first time I am hearing about such a claim. The rate was booked via Hyatt.com and it was never disclosed it would not be point accrual rate. I stay often enough on Government rate and never seen this before.

Is it the case? If do it is extremely disappointed as I would miss the quarterly bonus as the nights will not be eligible.
Hi! I can look into the rate and eligiblity of points/stay/night credit. Can you please send me a PM with your reservation details?

Thanks!

Nick
Old Nov 25, 2013, 10:59 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Thank you for your PM. It looks as though the agent provided incorrect information with regards to the government rate not being eligible. It is eligible for points/stay/night credit. I will watch your account to ensure the stay has posted to your account correctly. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Safe travels,

Nick B.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 2:58 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer

I had this happen at the GH Singapore. Had to argue with the Mgmt to at least get the nights credited...the only time it has happened to me in more than 10 years (most of which were on Gov travel).
Old Nov 28, 2013, 3:52 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
I used to travel extensively when I was in the govt. Any time I was told that I wouldn't get credit (rarely), I'd just nod my head and get a copy of the bill. If the points didn't post, I would send a copy of the bill in to request stay/points credit. I always got my points and stays and I avoided the hassle of arguing with people who were wrong but would dig their heels in over the matter.

My advice is to not stress, smile, ask for a copy of the bill at checkout. If the points and stay don't post, follow the procedure for missing points/stays.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 7:42 am
Original Poster

The points did not post automatically but posted quickly afterwards with the help of the gold passport concierge.

The hotel later sent an e-mail apologizing for the mistake.

So in the end all is ok.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 8:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
+1 - There are some problems which are immediate and need to be solved on the spot, e.g., room too cold, cockroaches, rotten food for room service. There are others where life is way, way too short to demean yourself arguing with low-level employees about arcane issues.

That's why every loyalty program known has a web / email / written means of seeking credit due. Absent issues such as transposed numbers, I ignore all that silliness and send it in after the fact. Never had a problem.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
+1 - There are some problems which are immediate and need to be solved on the spot, e.g., room too cold, cockroaches, rotten food for room service. There are others where life is way, way too short to demean yourself arguing with low-level employees about arcane issues.

That's why every loyalty program known has a web / email / written means of seeking credit due. Absent issues such as transposed numbers, I ignore all that silliness and send it in after the fact. Never had a problem.
I totally agreed. I did not really pushed the issue on check out (as I had a train to catch). But, I did receive the same response in writing from the hotel later in the day which surprised me.

It was just a little time sensitive to decide on stays this week to meet the bonus requirement.

In the end both hyatt and the hotel felt with the issue quickly and satisfactory.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.