Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Gold Passport won't let me combine points/Advice?

Old Sep 7, 2013, 11:32 am
Original Poster

I was hoping to combine points with my spouse's account for a special reservation. Filled out the form and scanned it in to gold passport who replied that they cannot combine because there has been no activity on either account for a year. FYI, my last stay was in August 2012 (12.5 months ago).

I have not seen this stipulated on the website and e mailed back asking for a one time exception but have had no reply. Can Gold Passport Concierge or anyone else help? Thanks.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4 MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Unfortunately, to combine points you have to be an active member, "1. Member must have an active account to be eligible to combine points." in the Combing points section under the Goldpassport terms and conditions - http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/customer-...conditions.jsp.

Hyatt defines an active member as "a member that has received Hyatt Gold Passport points or Travel Partner miles or M life Tier Credits for a stay at a Hyatt hotel or resort within the preceding 12 months." - section 3 under General Terms and Conditions in the Goldpassport terms and conditions - http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/customer-...conditions.jsp.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by marlin
I was hoping to combine points with my spouse's account for a special reservation. Filled out the form and scanned it in to gold passport who replied that they cannot combine because there has been no activity on either account for a year. FYI, my last stay was in August 2012 (12.5 months ago).

I have not seen this stipulated on the website and e mailed back asking for a one time exception but have had no reply. Can Gold Passport Concierge or anyone else help? Thanks.
It should be easy to "reactivate" both accounts with any kind of stay or f&b/spa activity (at participating properties). Or, simply purchase a small number of points for each account. After doing this, resubmit the request to combine points.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Will do. Didn't know I could "reactivate" that way...thank you!
Old Sep 8, 2013, 8:40 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
You can also roll to a close hyatt and buy a drink in the bar. Pretty easy.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by austin_modern
You can also roll to a close hyatt and buy a drink in the bar. Pretty easy.
Be careful with what drink you order.

Hyatt Gold Passport points will not be awarded on alcoholic beverage purchases in certain jurisdictions.
http://www.goldpassport.com/hyatt/cu...conditions.jsp
Old Sep 8, 2013, 1:29 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I think if you issue a small award like a cat 1 property from the account and then cancel will "reactivate" the account.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 12:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
How about purchasing a few points (minimum) or transferring in UR?

How did it work out for you OP?
Old Nov 29, 2013, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by travelkid
How about purchasing a few points (minimum) or transferring in UR?

How did it work out for you OP?
ANY account activity, including purchasing or transferring points, will work.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 7:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by wrxmom
Unfortunately, to combine points you have to be an active member, "1. Member must have an active account to be eligible to combine points." in the Combing points section under the Goldpassport terms and conditions - http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/customer-...conditions.jsp.

Hyatt defines an active member as "a member that has received Hyatt Gold Passport points or Travel Partner miles or M life Tier Credits for a stay at a Hyatt hotel or resort within the preceding 12 months." - section 3 under General Terms and Conditions in the Goldpassport terms and conditions - http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/customer-...conditions.jsp.
The new 2014 upcoming changes is slating 24 months of inactivity vs the current 12 months, before an account goes inactive. Hopefully, less instances of inactive accounts will occur when the new changes are implemented.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.