Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Santa Clara REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Santa Clara REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2015, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by tom911
When I checked in the counter agent told me my last stay was in November (probably Thanksgiving weekend) and mentioned the renovation. He said I was on a lower floor back then because the renovation had already started, so it does go back at least five months.
certainly possible. my last stay in 2014 there was Dec 1 and I was on the 11th floor. Usually they put me on one of the top 2 floors there.

Some of the locals probably had stays later in the year if they were around and found good rates.

-David
Old Apr 26, 2015, 1:08 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Hyatt Something-ist, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
The renovation is nice, but it's purely cosmetic -- the electrical outlets and escutcheons in the bathrooms are still grimy and old. I miss the Eames chairs, even though the upholstery was starting to crack on many; the new chairs aren't nearly as nice.

That said, I think this is still the best property in the area. It has, by far, the best water pressure and the best dining options of the hotels that are in the grand wasteland of Great America Parkway.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by JeredF
That said, I think this is still the best property in the area. It has, by far, the best water pressure and the best dining options of the hotels that are in the grand wasteland of Great America Parkway.
True that. However, less than 10 minutes' drive west or south you have the delightful local restaurant scenes of Sunnyvale and Santa Clara; Silicon Valley's cornicopia of fabulous cuisine for not too expensive prices are easily gotten. ^ Unless you don't have a car - then you're out of luck...

-AD
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by JeredF
The renovation is nice, but it's purely cosmetic -- the electrical outlets and escutcheons in the bathrooms are still grimy and old. I miss the Eames chairs, even though the upholstery was starting to crack on many; the new chairs aren't nearly as nice.

It had one of the "worst" water pressure when I was there last year with a ridiculously small and flimsy shower head.
I hope it's better now and they would have had the sense to add a hand held shower head as they offered in the suites.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by suite2suite
It had one of the "worst" water pressure when I was there last year with a ridiculously small and flimsy shower head.
I hope it's better now and they would have had the sense to add a hand held shower head as they offered in the suites.
they didn't. it isn't.
Old May 14, 2015, 11:24 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Do all rooms here have fridges? I can't seem to find consistent information. I'll need to keep some things cold for an upcoming stay and am trying to figure out if I should request a fridge (or switch to the Hyatt House nearby).
Old May 15, 2015, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dtremit
Do all rooms here have fridges? I can't seem to find consistent information. I'll need to keep some things cold for an upcoming stay and am trying to figure out if I should request a fridge (or switch to the Hyatt House nearby).
I think every room I've stayed in there had a fridge.
Old May 16, 2015, 9:39 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by dtremit
If request and if they already have them in the rooms, they'd tell you.
Old May 22, 2015, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
I think every room I've stayed in there had a fridge.
+1; They all do.

It's listed on the property fact sheet (your first stop for questions like this).

http://santaclara.hyatt.com/content/...Fact-Sheet.pdf

ACCOMMODATIONS
501 guestrooms including Regency Club® and Hyatt Business Plan® rooms
All Accommodations Offer
• Hyatt Grand Bed®
• Complimentary wireless high-speed Internet access provided
in all guestrooms
• Flat screen television with remote control, cable movie channels
and in-room pay movies
• Voicemail, cordless phone, dual line phones
• Individual climate control
• Electronic door lock
• In-room laptop-sized safe
• Deluxe bath amenities and hair dryer
• Coffeemaker (with complimentary coffee and tea)
• In-room refrigerator
• Iron/ironing board
• iHome® alarm clock radio
• Generous workstation including a large work desk with
ergonomically correct chair
• Crib and rollaways available upon request

Last edited by LIH Prem; May 22, 2015 at 8:55 pm
Old Jun 5, 2015, 9:20 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Is the RC here still closed on weekends? Any issue getting the 2500 points?
Old Jun 6, 2015, 2:00 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rbAA
Is the RC here still closed on weekends? Any issue getting the 2500 points?
Yes RC closed on weekends.
No issue getting the 2500 points.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat, UA GS
Originally Posted by Pat89339
Yes RC closed on weekends.
No issue getting the 2500 points.
Can verify - just stayed their Sunday night and had the 2500 points credited with no issue.

Honestly, for a longer stay, I do enjoy the club. The lounge does lack in ambiance as previous posters have stated, but personally, I don't care. The offerings, both in the AM and PM, are stellar.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 12:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
I've really tried to give this property a chance to impress me, but they continue to disappoint. I'm out in Sunnyvale at least once a month - and have been for the past 5 years or so. I've stayed there about 15 times in the past couple of years, and there are a whole bevy of things that they continue to screw up on. Things like charging me a fee to receive a package delivered by UPS (an Amazon order), or telling my guest - and even customers that I've invited to their restaurant for dinner and drinks - that they can't park in the parking lot so they have to park across the street at the convention center, or making me get out of my car to move the cones that are blocking the entrance to the front parking lot... The list goes on.

I've been very happy at the Hyatt House at Rivermark as well as the Hyatt House Silicon Valley - especially Silicon Valley. We recently had to be out there for a death in our family (my stepson); the Silicon Valley staff were absolutely wonderful to us. They sent flowers to my wife, and did everything they possibly could to make us as comfortable as possible.

Don't really care if the Regency upgrades the rooms - to me it's still putting lipstick and rouge on a pig.

Sorry my first post had to be so negative.

Last edited by tcpip95; Jun 9, 2015 at 10:14 pm
Old Jun 13, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Just saw their room rates for the week of Jan 25 - 26, 2016 (Super Bowl): $2,800 per night!

http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/reservati...questid=450601
Old Jun 14, 2015, 12:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott PLT, SPG PLT, AA EXP, Virgin Elevate
The NFL has a hold on all rooms in the area, event venues etc for most of Superbowl week. I know for the NYC, DFW super bowls the day before the game room rates plummeted I'm renting out my carriage house in Mountain View that week and will be asking far more than $2,800. It's near Cal Train so easy access to the stadium and the city.

Originally Posted by tcpip95
Just saw their room rates for the week of Jan 25 - 26, 2016 (Super Bowl): $2,800 per night!

http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/reservati...questid=450601

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.