Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Santa Clara REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Santa Clara REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2022, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Thank you! At 1,000 nights they should give you any room you want.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 12:57 pm

As a globalist do you get full breakfast in the restaurant or the typical reduced breakfast in club?
Old Nov 15, 2022, 1:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Does anyone know if the Club is open on weekends?
Old Nov 21, 2022, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
It was open when I was there a few weeks ago--but breakfast was in the restaurant. theres just light snacks, pop, water, coffee machine for lattes etc..

Things tend to improve tho, so perhaps the options are different now!
kevino and Soccerjoshj07 like this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 8:23 am

What does the breakfast in the restaurant look like?
Old Mar 12, 2023, 9:06 pm

Parking is up to $30 for self-park. Was offered a "elite discount" of $15/night when asked about the parking increase. There is no longer any valet. You must take a key card if parking, as the digital key in the Hyatt app does not work on the parking kiosk.

Housekeeping is back to daily service. They will enter your room daily even with a "Do Not Disturb" hanger, and leave a wellness check flyer.

Lounge offerings are definitely less than pre-pandemic. Breakfast is still a full spread with 2 hot items, oatmeal, fruit, cereals, pastries and salmon/cold-cuts. However, evening service was a hot item (but was actually cold, as there's no heating element/chafing dish holding the eggrolls/crab cakes) - no veggies, no cold cuts. The honor-bar beers are still one of the better selections for a club lounge (Anchor Steam, Lagunitas, Sierra Nevada, Firestone Walker, Shiner, Stella).

There is a buffet breakfast spread in the restaurant space next to the lounge, but its $25/head, and not included for Globalists.
Soccerjoshj07 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by peetahvw
There is a buffet breakfast spread in the restaurant space next to the lounge, but its $25/head, and not included for Globalists.
Or, Globalist included only if you pay.

David
Old May 28, 2023, 7:05 pm

Stayed here last week for work, it was fine overall for a business trip. Early check in (11am) was no issue and they proactively offered the 4pm checkout. The lounge was closed (when I inquired the front desk person said it was "indefinitely closed" so take that FWIW) so Globalist breakfast was in the normal restaurant as a buffet. Breakfast was a decent spread (French toast, eggs, potatoes, fruit, etc) but nothing particularly noteworthy. There's not many breakfast seats either for the size of the hotel which surprised me, but on the other hand it was never crowded. There's a large bar area though for those after-conference cocktails. Because the club lounge is closed they said I could ask the front desk for coupons for free apps and drinks at the bar, which I did end up doing on one of the nights. I also tried the pizza which was truly horrible. I found it really odd they're still selling club level rooms with no club though. Staff was friendly and housekeeping was every day.

I got upgraded to a balcony room as a Globalist, but the balcony just seemed kind of sad looking because there's not really much of a view that's worth sitting on a balcony for and the chairs were uncomfortable and it was separated off by a metal pipe fence from a utility area so had essentially negative ambiance. The room also had a slightly odd layout with a column basically directly in your face when you open the door. Not a major issue by any means but I would not recommend anyone actually pay to upgrade to that room. I did like that there was a big "wheel of plugs" on the desk with tons of space between sockets and like 5 plugs. Bed was fine, noise was fine, basically everything else was fine. So if you're in the area and need a hotel, it's fine.
Old May 28, 2023, 7:37 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
did you park? i understand is comped for globlists.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 2:24 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Maui4me1
Does anyone know if the Club is open on weekends?
Is still closed.
To answer my own question, they offer Glob free parking even on pay stays.. that was what I was told... will find out soon.

Last edited by hotelfanatic; Jun 6, 2023 at 9:21 pm
Old Jul 16, 2023, 10:50 am

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Just called them because I was curious about using them for a work trip. Called them to check on the above reports - club lounge still closed, self-parking now $40 (!) which to me is pretty ridiculous for a Santa Clara County hotel, even if it is a Regency. With both the club closed and sky high parking rates, I'm gonna save my company some money (don't want to have to justify all that expense to finance) and book a different Hyatt.

I mentioned the fact that I'm a Globalist - she didn't mention anything about parking being comped for Globalists on paid stays.
365RoadWarrior likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 11:03 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Meant to post my recent experience as Glob. Parking was waived on a paid stay without issues Club is closed. No info on when it will reopen. Was upgraded to a corner room with a balcony. I can't believe how small the restaurant is now, but never had an issue getting a table for breakfast. Buffet is a nice spread.

Due to club being closed, they provided a coupon for one free drink and one free appetizer per night (you need to go to the desk to get each days allotment). First night I tried to use the drink coupon and was initially denied stating that it was only for well drinks, etc (i.e. the cheap stuff regardless of the coupon showing a max value that covered their menu drinks). Left the drink and went to the desk. Long wait and before I could finally talk to someone, the lead bartender Miguel came and got me and said it was fine and was a training issue.

Also did the thing where I declined housekeeping to get a $10 credit for F&B per night. Didn't post automatically. Stopped by the desk on the way to breakfast the last morning and they said they'd take care of it. Checked the bill when eating and they added a $20 charge instead of a $20 credit Another stop at the desk to get that taken off and have the credit applied appropriately.
fotoflyer88 and cuthroat like this.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Also did the thing where I declined housekeeping to get a $10 credit for F&B per night. Didn't post automatically. Stopped by the desk on the way to breakfast the last morning and they said they'd take care of it. Checked the bill when eating and they added a $20 charge instead of a $20 credit Another stop at the desk to get that taken off and have the credit applied appropriately.
I think that is the new version of the change issue, where you are owed 15 cents, you give the cashier a dime and instead get a nickel back.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 10:43 pm

Just called the hotel. Regency Club is still closed with no ETA on reopen.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by ENOTTY
Just called the hotel. Regency Club is still closed with no ETA on reopen.
From what I was told, is not going to be... is a trend

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.