Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Diamond renewal packet, UA lounge passes included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond renewal packet, UA lounge passes included

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2016, 5:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bsdstone
I just hung up with GP customer service and they said it will take up to 30 days for it to arrive. Tried to pull the same "we'll request another one" get sent out...I said I never got it...she stumbled and said, oh yes, of course, the original just never got sent out.
I called on Friday and after being on hold for a while was told they were sending me another set of passes (again, I am convinced they never sent the original ones) and was told it would take 4-6 weeks.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 6:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
...same day boarding pass....from United or any airline?
Any airline. Lengthy thread on this in the UA forum.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:25 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
So today, after requesting UC passes a while back, I received . . . a 2017 Diamond membership card and no passes. Unbelievable.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 7:40 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Qualified at the end of June.

Received my packet yesterday, and it did include the passes.

I'm already a United Club member, so not a big deal, but good for my wife on the rare times she travels alone.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 4:12 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Never received... asked to resend... not received... stop spending time with useless support agent... and anyway don't need. In-line with the global marketing / IT at hyatt... not working and not client oriented.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by Kacee
So today, after requesting UC passes a while back, I received . . . a 2017 Diamond membership card and no passes. Unbelievable.
Had sent in a request last month (again) for the UC passes. Now 7 months into 2016 and still no passes. Look, Hyatt, if you're not going to deliver, just take the benefit away already and give us something else that you actually can deliver on...
Old Jul 31, 2016, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by slippahs
Had sent in a request last month (again) for the UC passes. Now 7 months into 2016 and still no passes. Look, Hyatt, if you're not going to deliver, just take the benefit away already and give us something else that you actually can deliver on...
Agreed. Last "resend" was just a new Diamond card with nothing else in the envelope.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 6:15 am

Programs: UA: MM
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
...same day boarding pass....from United or any airline?
This is a hangover to correct an old Continental club policy that allowed club members (actual paid members) access to the club even when they were not flying. The idea was that your paid membership to the club generated a right of use that was independent of flying.

As someone pointed out, there is a long thread on this over in the United space but plowing through it isn't a valuable use of time (IMHO).

FWIW
DLM
Old Aug 1, 2016, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by dmunz
This is a hangover to correct an old Continental club policy that allowed club members (actual paid members) access to the club even when they were not flying. The idea was that your paid membership to the club generated a right of use that was independent of flying.
Actually, the main reason is to stop UA employees from buying memberships and using the clubs for snack breaks.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by slippahs
Received my fourth diamond packet this year in the mail yesterday. Amazingly, this time, the two UC passes were tucked in there. They have 06/2017 expiration dates.

Last edited by slippahs; Aug 4, 2016 at 10:28 am
Old Aug 4, 2016, 8:39 am

August 3, 2016: 2016 Diamond membership package received, including 2 UA passes.

This looks like the package that should have been sent in January.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 10:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Membershipyear starts on March 1st....
Old Aug 5, 2016, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
Membershipyear starts on March 1st....
Qualification period ends December 31. Ideally, they would send new credentials prior to expiration of the old ones, i.e., in January for a February expiration.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 11:39 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Most programs wait a few months until all stays have been credited... and that can take a while. So it's either send the stuff as soon as someone qualifies or do it in bulk. And who needs a piece of plastic anyway (the passes can be nice though, but they are valid longer).

But this year it seems to be handled badly.... time to fully digitize this.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 4:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Ok, Hyatt has managed to massively irritate me. In the mail when I got home was a Hyatt envelope that states "We are pleased to enclose the Hyatt Gold Passport membership card you requested."

THAT IS NOT WHAT I REQUESTED and I now spent another 15 minutes on the Diamond line submitting another request after being initially told "I don't think they are doing that anymore." I was told not to expect that passes until after Labor Day. One of the reasons I chose United on my upcoming trip is that I thought I would use one of these damn lounge passes otherwise I would have gone with a more inconvenient route on Delta where I have Sky Club membership.

This is one of those situations where I told the lady on the phone, I realize this is not your fault but I am rather irritated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.