Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2014, 10:10 am

I am currently on the phone with Hyatt. I was hung up on 3 times by customer service. This may have been an accident, but it definitely doesn't help that I am already upset. And 3 times is a lot. Any who, I made an account just for the purpose of posting about this mess. I was in contact with customer service last week and they assured everything would be running by my trip. I have the email saved. Clearly they lied. Interestingly enough this morning I spoke with Jenny from CS at Hyatt and she told me that the hotel has been changing information that CS receives. I am not sure what to believe anymore. My purpose in calling is to see if they can transfer my reservation to the Cancun location. Christie talked with me for quite a while. She put in a request that they honor my transfer (needed since I am using Hyatt GP nights). She said she would call me back by the end of the afternoon. I will let everyone know how that goes.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 10:33 am

Programs: UA, CO, AA
anyone got photos of ziva?
is the wifi working there?
I am going in feb...got 2 res...both for ocean front suite king. one early feb and one late feb. trying to decide which week to keep. maybe a few extra weeks delay might help.

Last edited by cotter77; Dec 11, 2014 at 10:59 am
Old Dec 11, 2014, 11:16 am

I spoke with Hyatt at length last evening regarding my 12/26 arrival. I did request a transfer to the Cancun property as well, but was advised it is completely booked. I am inclined to believe from my conversation, that nothing will be done proactively for those of us whose reservations fall after 12/20, aside from a straight cancellation and refund of points. They are hiding behind these new pushed back dates to avoid additional cancellations and airline fees. Appears to me like they're trying to cap damages by dealing with people in time blocks between "opening" dates, instead of all at once. No one has mentioned whether the wifi is operational yet? Anyone actually try it?
Old Dec 11, 2014, 11:20 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by cotter77
anyone got photos of ziva?
is the wifi working there?
I am going in feb...got 2 res...both for ocean front suite king. one early feb and one late feb. trying to decide which week to keep. maybe a few extra weeks delay might help.
Ziva going pretty well today. beautiful outside and plenty of people enjoying the pool. Zilara still a mess, and so are room issues.

with respect to the travel agent Berlin person posting on here, full disclosure would be you informing everyone of your week being paid for and the parties you've been having hosted for you. Oh, and occupying the club level while Diamond members are overlooking the war zone Zilara.

Seriously, you travel agents here are a joke. Especially the Canadian group. They have the audacity to tell me to curb my expectations and look at the progress being made every day. forget that. full open means both resorts and all restaurants and amenities ready.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 11:25 am

and the seaweed really is bad. they allowed it to creep inside the breaker walls and let it build up. no one can get on the beach. it's piled up 3-4ft high
Old Dec 11, 2014, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by mrredskin
Seriously, you travel agents here are a joke. Especially the Canadian group. They have the audacity to tell me to curb my expectations and look at the progress being made every day. forget that. full open means both resorts and all restaurants and amenities ready.
I agree. It's one thing if this was a Holiday Inn off the highway somewhere, or someone opening up a B&B for the first time, but this is supposed to be a luxurious resort opened by one of the top hotel chains at the peak of holiday travel. Let's not forget when they were ORIGINALLY supposed to open (late November). Reservations were made at Zilara (and Ziva) believing that it would be open and fully operational. There has been a continuous stream of misleading information and absent communication. I appreciate that they are working hard to get it ready, but to open in such a state is a cash grab. I am routinely looking to see if any other resorts in Montego Bay have anything available, but I do not see anything opening up, and I am tied into the airfare so switching to a different destination is not entirely an option. You don't do a "soft opening" at the peak of holiday travels in the Caribbean!
Old Dec 11, 2014, 11:31 am

with respect to the travel agent Berlin person posting on here, full disclosure would be you informing everyone of your week being paid for and the parties you've been having hosted for you. Oh, and occupying the club level while Diamond members are overlooking the war zone Zilara.

Seriously, you travel agents here are a joke.
This is very interesting. Berlingirl owes readers of this forum a candid explanation as to whether she is writing from the Hyatt Rose Hall and if she is a guest of Hyatt. If those are the case and she has not revealed these important facts in her posts, she loses all credibility with me.

She writes that she is "Writing here with full disclosure that I am a professional luxury travel consultant with over 20 plus years of on the job experience." It's far from full disclosure if she is a travel consultant currently staying at the Hyatt as a guest of the Hyatt.

Full disclosure is important -- by hotels describing true opening conditions and by FlyerTalk posters essentially supporting the hotel.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 11:43 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
have the audacity to tell me to curb my expectations and look at the progress being made every day. forget that. full open means both resorts and all restaurants and amenities ready.
LOL. They're prob on a comped trip, so it's easy for them to say.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 11:48 am

observer I have no affliction at all with Hyatt Corporation. I have never stayed at this property while it has been a Hyatt or prior to that when it was a Ritz Carlton property.

I am sitting in my office presently planning trips to Vietnam/Cambodia, two Scotland trips, two honeymoons and a Safari group to name just a few.

I merely posted here because a website that frequent posted that there were people chatting on Flyertalk.com who were having problems at the Hyatt Zilara in Jamaica.

I thought to myself. Wow, if any of those posting their frustration and anguish at having to being in a hotel under contraction had used a professional travel consultant they would not be spending their vacation time being upset.

I have no idea what MRREDSKIN is trying to say to me. However, his manner is something that I truly find unnecessary. May I say to him that I find his name offensive to start with.

Full Disclosure is important, that is why I started my first post with that.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 11:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, CO Elite
and the seaweed really is bad. they allowed it to creep inside the breaker walls and let it build up. no one can get on the beach. it's piled up 3-4ft high
I don't believe the seaweed is their fault. It all came at once. I was at Half Moon yesterday morning, and they too, had 3 or 4 ft of seawood. I couldn't all that accumulated in one night but it did.

As for the property today, wifi is still spotty for me. I played a comped round of golf at White Witch and it was fantastic. The gym is finally open but hours were cut to 8 am to 8 pm.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 11:50 am

Bravo... ^
Old Dec 11, 2014, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by berlingirl
observer I have no affliction at all with Hyatt Corporation. I have never stayed at this property while it has been a Hyatt or prior to that when it was a Ritz Carlton property.

I am sitting in my office presently planning trips to Vietnam/Cambodia, two Scotland trips, two honeymoons and a Safari group to name just a few.

I merely posted here because a website that frequent posted that there were people chatting on Flyertalk.com who were having problems at the Hyatt Zilara in Jamaica.

I thought to myself. Wow, if any of those posting their frustration and anguish at having to being in a hotel under contraction had used a professional travel consultant they would not be spending their vacation time being upset.

I have no idea what MRREDSKIN is trying to say to me. However, his manner is something that I truly find unnecessary. May I say to him that I find his name offensive to start with.

from what I've gathered over the past two days, you're all a joke.

Hail to the REDSKINS. travel agents commenting on something they don't have first hand knowledge of is offensive today me, too
Old Dec 11, 2014, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by hyattnjfan
I don't believe the seaweed is their fault. It all came at once. I was at Half Moon yesterday morning, and they too, had 3 or 4 ft of seawood. I couldn't all that accumulated in one night but it did.

As for the property today, wifi is still spotty for me. I played a comped round of golf at White Witch and it was fantastic. The gym is finally open but hours were cut to 8 am to 8 pm.
well I was not aware of that. thank you. I saw it yesterday and no one was cleaning it up. they were trying today, yes. wifi actually a little better for me today. go figure.

phone system still entirely down but they offered to have us call long distance to the states if we needed from their own corporate phones. good for them on that.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by berlingirl

Thanks for the reassuring clarification. Given the situation with this opening, one is prepared to think the worst of everything. Hyatt has done itself no favors by its handling of this matter (not being candid regarding the state of facilities, asserting that the opening was delayed because of fire alarm system, etc.) One doesn't know what to believe from Hyatt -- or, by extension, from people essentially defending or explaining the Hyatt situation. Thanks again for setting the record about you straight.

Last edited by observer; Dec 11, 2014 at 12:34 pm
Old Dec 11, 2014, 12:32 pm

phone system still entirely down
Does this mean that one cannot call room service, the front desk, etc? I should think this would be a huge security/personal safety liability.

They wrote on Trip Advisor "Our grand opening was unfortunately moved back in the interest of guest safety when it came to light that certain fire/safety equipment would not be completed by the planned opening date of November 23, 2014."

I would assume that guest safety included the ability to call the front desk/operator in case of an emergency.

Sad performance, Hyatt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.