Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt free-night resort-fee for MGM hotels?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2014, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

I have 2 free nights through Chase Hyatt card.

From checking this forum, looks like resort fee is waived if Hyatt hotels are booked for these free nights.

But what about MGM hotels which I think I can get through the free-night-cert (like Bellagio Vegas) - would the resort fee be waived for that too? Or I can't even get those hotels for free-night-cert? Or I can get those hotel but resort fee won't be waived?

Thanks!
Old Sep 16, 2014, 7:16 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I suspect that the resort fee won't be waived at MLife properties since they aren't really Hyatts and not covered by Hyatt T&Cs - don't know for sure though.

Anyways, MLife properties is not a good use of the free nights since they aren't that expensive - even Bellagio is probably mid $200s.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 9:24 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Resort Fee for MGM properties

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to post a clarification. Peter is correct, if you are travelling to an MGM property, the resort fee is still charged if you are on a free night.

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Dana
Old Apr 5, 2015, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
I just wanted to post a clarification. Peter is correct, if you are travelling to an MGM property, the resort fee is still charged if you are on a free night.
Hi. What about taxes? Are they covered on free nights at MGM properties?
Old Apr 6, 2015, 2:13 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by jpfromct
Hi. What about taxes? Are they covered on free nights at MGM properties?
I would think that there would not be any % based taxes (since the cost of the night is $0 anyways) but there could be taxes that are $/night (like an occupancy tax).

Again, unless rates are astronomical for your dates, redeeming GP points (or credit card free nights) at MGM properties is a poor usage of those.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
Again, unless rates are astronomical for your dates, redeeming GP points (or credit card free nights) at MGM properties is a poor usage of those.
I totally understand where you are coming from, but "poor usage" all depends on your situation. This is the only major trip we will take this year and I specifically got the Hyatt credit card to get free nights for the trip - so for us it is perfect usage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.