Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos REVIEW-MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 13, 2015, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: switchyj
Few handy links:

E-concierge website (also includes spa, activities & add-ons prices).
https://loscabosziva.hyatte-concierge.com/

Playa resort website (often has different offers/promotions that are not mentioned on Hyatt website + more details about the hotel rooms, amenities & activities)
http://www.playaresorts.com/Hyatt-Ziva-Los-Cabos

Hotel official website
http://loscabos.ziva.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Facebook page (they post every other day on it)
https://www.facebook.com/HyattZivaLosCabos

Tripadvisor page
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g152516-d469312
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos REVIEW-MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2014, 9:31 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

The hotel does require 20,000 for a standard room and 28,000 for a suite.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Becky S
Old Apr 17, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by nrdk
So that doesn't really answer the question. Is it 20,000 points a night then?
YES.
They fixed my rez. 20,000 points / night. I'm going in July, and I'll report back!
Old Apr 17, 2014, 8:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Southwest CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Diamond amenities

Diamond perks havent been mentioned since January, has anyone had any new experience with that?
Old Apr 19, 2014, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
The hotel does require 20,000 for a standard room and 28,000 for a suite.
Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Becky S
On the website, it wasn't available for us to pay more for a suite. When we called, they told us that all of the rooms were suites... Can we get some clarification on this?
Originally Posted by Intertraffic
Diamond perks havent been mentioned since January, has anyone had any new experience with that?
+1 to this... We would love to know what the diamond perks are for our upcoming trip.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 11:00 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by hungarianhc
On the website, it wasn't available for us to pay more for a suite. When we called, they told us that all of the rooms were suites... Can we get some clarification on this?

+1 to this... We would love to know what the diamond perks are for our upcoming trip.
Good Morning hungarianhc,

Perhaps the phrasing could've been more adapted to the property. They are an all-suites property. The default accommodations are currently ~550sqft Ziva Junior Suite (King and Double) overlooking the pools or garden area.

The "suites" for the higher point value are, predictably, suites as well, but with a few extra goodies. The two types of suites they currently offer for Gold Passport redemption are the Premium Ocean View Junior Suite (King and Double). http://loscabos.ziva.hyatt.com/en/ho...s/premium.html has the bullet points for the premium amenities. In my personal opinion, the view is the biggest draw (but it's certainly not the only one.)

Hope this helps!

Safe travels,

Evan V
Old Apr 20, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Don't be fooled by the 'all suites' description of this property. The majority of 'suites' are what most travelers would look at and call a standard room. There are very few 'suites' that are true suites with separate bedroom/living room.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 9:15 am

Good Morning hungarianhc,

Perhaps the phrasing could've been more adapted to the property. They are an all-suites property. The default accommodations are currently ~550sqft Ziva Junior Suite (King and Double) overlooking the pools or garden area.

The "suites" for the higher point value are, predictably, suites as well, but with a few extra goodies. The two types of suites they currently offer for Gold Passport redemption are the Premium Ocean View Junior Suite (King and Double). http://loscabos.ziva.hyatt.com/en/ho...s/premium.html has the bullet points for the premium amenities. In my personal opinion, the view is the biggest draw (but it's certainly not the only one.)

Hope this helps!

Safe travels,

Evan V
It does, but it doesn't help in answering my first question, which is the one about diamond benefits.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 2:53 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Like many posters, I'm interested in knowing what the Ziva Resort property is doing about Diamond benefits. Are there any upgrades or perks that will be made available?

Also, does anyone have updated information about the restaurants and quality of food and beverages?

FWIW, if you have flexible dates for travel I found a number of nights in October that are available at a special promotional rate. It is *NOT* a prepaid rate, has the same cancellation policies as the regular rate and you can get an all-inclusive package in a Junior Suite for $192 per night.

That was not a typo -- $192 per night. All-inclusive.

I've got a nice little 5 night getaway planned for later this year.

(Shhhhh ... you didn't hear this info from me ... )
Old Apr 21, 2014, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Nice find - Seems to be the month for all-inclusive promos (Hilton Rose Hall in Jamaica offers $188 AI 10/5 thru 10-31) but that's probably the norm in Hurricane season.

Anyone have any luck telling the hotel their 6-yr.-old is just a really large 2-yr.old?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Chairman's Club
I'm staying this weekend for three nights on points, will report back. Very curious to see what if any Diamond perks there are. (The "premium" package would seems a logical choice, but I'm not holding my breath.)
Old May 2, 2014, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Hi ZBigFam,

When redeeming free night certificates or awards the maximum occupancy for adults is 3. You can have 4 people in an award reservations provided the occupancy is 2 adults and 2 children.

Correct, there is no additional charge for infants or toddlers under 3.

Yes, for children 3-12 it is the same as adults, 10,000 points per person/per night.

Thanks,

Brock S.
Just confirm, with the original free night cert, there is no extra charge for additional 1 adult or 2 kids.
Also, any resort taxes, parking fee or gratuities?

Thank you!
Old May 5, 2014, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
Looking to stay here in August before the family goes back to school. Any further reviews for mom, dad, and a 6 year old for week?
Old May 5, 2014, 6:41 pm

Gold Passport Concierge seems to come on this thread from time to time to answer questions, but it appears that the questions around diamond benefits are ignored pretty much all of the time. I think the safe assumption is... there are no diamond benefits!
Old May 6, 2014, 10:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
I'm also interested in staying here -- is a 'diamond suite upgrade' worth using? (or even possible?)
Old May 6, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
I just returned from this property. I'm a diamond who booked the premium package. It didn't seem like any additional benefits for Diamonds regardless of the category booked except a special check in desk. The property itself was absolutely AMAZING.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.