Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2013, 10:33 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat
Is it possible to book a suite with points? We planning a visit to Maui next May and the suites sound great. I have lots of Chase points I could use but no Status with Hyatt. Any dates I check have the standard room for 22K points but no suites or club rooms like the Hyatt on Ka'anapali.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 10:45 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
I have booked a suite using 33k points per night. Maybe you need to call regarding availability if you don't see it online (I did my booking by phone).
Old Oct 2, 2013, 10:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
Originally Posted by canyonleo
I have booked a suite using 33k points per night. Maybe you need to call regarding availability if you don't see it online (I did my booking by phone).
Thanks for the info. I was wondering the same thing. We are going in the summer and I have no status.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 11:01 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Suites have to be booked over the phone. Shame they couldn't make them available online with points with the last website upgrade.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 11:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by vtgambler
Is it possible to book a suite with points? We planning a visit to Maui next May and the suites sound great. I have lots of Chase points I could use but no Status with Hyatt. Any dates I check have the standard room for 22K points but no suites or club rooms like the Hyatt on Ka'anapali.
I would call Hyatt for the Club room availability, as well as suite availability. For Kaanapali, you could pay club room rate and upgrade to a suite using 6,000 points over a 4 night period.. but thats about double the cost of a regular room. It is available for consideration.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 11:41 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by canyonleo
Ditto. I also have a suite booked @ 33k per night. Did it over the phone.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 12:52 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
I would call Hyatt for the Club room availability, as well as suite availability. For Kaanapali, you could pay club room rate and upgrade to a suite using 6,000 points over a 4 night period.. but thats about double the cost of a regular room. It is available for consideration.
This hotel does not have club rooms. No Andaz properties do. "All rooms at the Andaz are club rooms" according to their marketing jargon.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 8:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by nittanydave
Do the suites have a sleeper sofa - thinking of bringing 5 and 8 year olds and while other Andaz suites offer bedding for the family wanted to confirm - thanks!
For some reason to, in my last call to HP (september) they mentioned that suites have a max occupancy of 2.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 8:09 am
Formerly known as iahsumr

Originally Posted by sam_goh
For some reason to, in my last call to HP (september) they mentioned that suites have a max occupancy of 2.
Well the suites only have one king bed, so in that sense they do only sleep two. However, you can have rollaway bedding in the suites (and only the suites), so that will bump up the occupancy since it isn't a space issue in the suites.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 4:24 pm

Programs: ual 1M, AA Exe Plat, KAL Premium, Hilton & Hyatt Diamond, IHC PA, Marriott&SPG Gold,
Be aware or need your commments: I stayed 4 days at Andaz this week with Goldpassport promotion (•Stay 4 nights and Get 2 nights free + $75 resort credit). Just realized that this is "0" eligible stays in portpolio. is it normal process for those promotion ? menas no count for your stays No count for " Discover New Possibilities " as well ?
Thank you in advance for comments

UPDATED:Called hyatt customer service and updated

T&C
Offer valid for stays through January 8, 2014 at Andaz Maui at Wailea. Hotel reservations are subject to availability and must be made in advance. Please mention offer code WAILEA at time of reservation. Two free nights will be deducted at time of checkout. Resort credit based on length of stay: 4 nights Pay 2 nights get 2 nights free and a $75 resort credit per stay or Pay 3 nights, get 2 nights free and a $150 resort credit per stay. Offer not valid with groups/conventions and may not be combined with other offers. Resort credit not applicable to room rate, taxes, resort fee or at gift shop. No refunds for any unused portion of package. Additional charges apply to room-type upgrades. Additional guests may be subject to additional hotel charges.

Last edited by howdychang; Oct 7, 2013 at 6:34 pm Reason: resloved
Old Oct 3, 2013, 6:17 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by howdychang
Be aware or need your commments: I stayed 4 days at Andaz this week with Goldpassport promotion (•Stay 4 nights and Get 2 nights free + $75 resort credit). Just realized that this is "0" eligible stays in portpolio. is it normal process for those promotion ? menas no count for your stays No count for " Discover New Possibilities " as well ?
Thank you in advance for comments

T&C
Offer valid for stays through January 8, 2014 at Andaz Maui at Wailea. Hotel reservations are subject to availability and must be made in advance. Please mention offer code WAILEA at time of reservation. Two free nights will be deducted at time of checkout. Resort credit based on length of stay: 4 nights Pay 2 nights get 2 nights free and a $75 resort credit per stay or Pay 3 nights, get 2 nights free and a $150 resort credit per stay. Offer not valid with groups/conventions and may not be combined with other offers. Resort credit not applicable to room rate, taxes, resort fee or at gift shop. No refunds for any unused portion of package. Additional charges apply to room-type upgrades. Additional guests may be subject to additional hotel charges.
It pays to search and read the thread rather than post such a long post.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 8:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Ok.. I was talking about HR Maui, and you were talking about Andaz Maui. HR Maui is a consideration for points upgrade to suite. I understand that there may be availability at Andaz Maui using points as well.. so that is a possibility.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Do the TVs (system provider) in the guest rooms offer NFL Network? While I wouldn't watch TV on a vacation to a place like this, I'm not going to miss my weekly game, and my team happens to have a Thursday night game schedule during my travel.

I know I could call, but I thought I'd ask here first in case any knows (or anyone going soon can post)... THX
Old Oct 6, 2013, 11:34 pm

Live Music/DJ?

I attended the grand opening of the Andaz in Wailea and they had a DJ and live drummer playing by the fire pit. I went last week and there was a guy playing guitar by the bar?? meh

Last edited by HawaiiTraveler1; Oct 7, 2013 at 12:01 am
Old Oct 7, 2013, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
They would love it. The property is all about sun and swimming. I believe they even bought guests noodles (I didn't know what these were prior) simply because they asked.

There is a DJ station by the pool, but they had a live, and very good musician every night during sunset. You can open your balcony doors and listen, watch the sunset from the beach or pool, or shut your doors and you ain't hear it at all.

There is a kids club but I think the age range was 5-10? I'm not sure if the recreation attendants are trained lifesavers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.