Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Chicago REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Chicago REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2013, 5:36 pm

Anyone have a contact e-mail for the GM or RM?

PM would be appreciated.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 10:20 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
New Regency Club is open. Luxurious and well thought out, if a bit small. Tonya is an excellent evening host if you can locate her.

As a diamond was upgraded to a Park Suite. True urban luxury, one of the best suites I have been upgraded to with Hyatt (although, it took some negotiation between the check-in person and management. Not instigated by me).

Great property, a little impersonal if you are used to Magnificent Mile or the Park Hyatt, but would not hesitate to give it full marks and a high recommendation.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 8:50 am

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
I was there on an award stay last week. Room upgraded to a "small" room on one floor below the Club lounge. The renovated room was fine, but the wall is so thin and it was disturbing to hear noise from neighbor.

The club lounge was nice with good spread of food and drinks both in the morning and evening.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 11:08 am
Used to be hamajicky

I stayed there on a DSU last weekend. Got a junior suite. The room was really big, although no division between the sleeping and living area. The bathroom was kind of small for such a big room. Also, I could hear the people talking in the room next to me crystal-clear.

But for $160/night (my elite rate), and a DSU, this was a great stay.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 2:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
As an aside, this is a great location in the summer with so much to do at Grant Park and the south end of Magnificant miles just a few blocks away.

Lounge offerings not great but better than many in the US.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 5:24 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by kats
I was there on an award stay last week. Room upgraded to a "small" room on one floor below the Club lounge. The renovated room was fine, but the wall is so thin and it was disturbing to hear noise from neighbor.

The club lounge was nice with good spread of food and drinks both in the morning and evening.
I actually stayed on the floor below the Club Lounge once. Had to move because of the noise of the people walking around on the non-carpeted floor.

Speaking of hearing people in the room next to yours, I was awakened one early morning by a woman who was "enjoying" her time with her male partner.
"Oh sweet mystery of life at last I've found you...)
Old Jul 2, 2014, 11:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
walls are thin at this hotel. In a few rooms I've stayed in I have to look twice... I could have swear I've heard someone in my room... nope, just the noise from the neighboring room.

Originally Posted by kats

Old Aug 1, 2014, 8:45 am

I just finished a stay in the east tower on a high floor. Other reviewers are right the walls are paper thin and you can hear everything. The regency club was also overcrowded with families. I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here again.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 1:45 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
I thought this hotel was centrally located as I was able to walk to almost everywhere in the city from here. It was just a few blocks over from the shops and restaurants on Michigan Avenue. One of the best features of the hotel was the Regency Club, so I would try to upgrade to this level if you were to stay here and don’t already receive because of your Hyatt status.

The Regency Club was open 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. on weekdays, and until 10:30 a.m. on weekends for breakfast. Evening hors d’oeuvres are from 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m nightly. The club is open throughout the day for snacks, water, and sodas.

Breakfast consisted of fresh fruit, smoked salmon, hard-boiled eggs, pastries, cereals and one hot-item each morning.

In the evening, there was an assortment of fresh vegetables, cheese, meats, breads and one hot appetizer as well as beer, wine, and cocktails for purchase. Personally, I would of liked to have see more hot appetizers in the evening.

For a full hotel review with pictures, check out this post.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 7:44 pm

Staying here tonight. The guest experience manager reached out to me prior to my stay and I made a few requests for my room. We will see how it goes. Will report back regarding the club etc. Let me know if any of you have questions.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 7:53 am

Just wrapped up a stay here, I have to say I like this hotel very much, while it is indeed MASSIVE they do a pretty good job keeping it clean and maintaining the higher end of Regency standards.

The club is very good, it is small but when I went up there it wasn't crowded. I like that they have two espresso machines. The club offering is decent to good, not outstanding. For me the best club offering I have experienced in the US is the Manchester Grand. If that is a 10 for the US, this would be a 6 or 7.

The walls in the room are a bit thin as depending on where I stood in the room I could hear my neighbour coughing.

The gym is decently sized with a good variety of machines and free weights and of course ellipticals and treadmills.

All in all a very good stay.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 3:08 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Going to be in Chicago for 10 days and this hotel is sold out every single day that I am there, anyone know why? 7/11-20.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by indo79
Going to be in Chicago for 10 days and this hotel is sold out every single day that I am there, anyone know why? 7/11-20.
It is hosting:
Society for College and University Planning 7/11-7/15 1,400 attendees
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Leadership Conference 7/15-7/19 3,000 attendees
(source: http://www.choosechicago.com/meeting...tion-calendar/)

Of topic for this thread, but if the demographics of those groups are anything like I imagine they are, and if you're male and single, it might be worth using a diamond force
Old Jul 26, 2015, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Just completed a stay using my Chase "Free Night" certificate. Room wasn't ready when we checked in - given a key to the Regency Club and told they would bring us a key in about 15 minutes. Had a latte and a cookie and Front Desk agent came up with a key. We were in a west tower king with a view of the river. We also had club access (helpful for bottled waters for our running around). Dwain at the Concierge Desk was very helpful and knowledgeable. We did a Architectural River Cruise and he was able to get us confirmed after discussing the options available. This morning it was coffee, eggs and fruit in the lounge. Busy day in the hotel so we only got a 1pm checkout which was fine. We were dead to the world last night so no noise issues even though the hotel was jumping. Really a nice stay for a big box hotel.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 11:10 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Any recent stay at this hotel, was planning to use the free night certificate before it expires.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.