Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Sydney (Post-Reno) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
I have an upcoming stay and read the entire thread. I saw some common themes, and thought it would be useful to start a wiki. Please feel free to update or correct anything. I haven't stayed here, so the information is based on the contents of the thread:

- Diamond Suite Upgrades are NOT available at this property.
- Diamond members receive a complimentary full breakfast for up to 4 guests.
- The beds are very firm platform beds. I saw a few posts where a foam pad for the top of the bed was requested.
- Docked cruise ships that may obstruct the view from the Harbour view rooms.
- The hotel is 4 stories.

The concierge desk offers a weekly tour of the Rocks on Saturday.

Link that shows when cruise ships will be docked opposite the hotel:
https://www.portauthoritynsw.com.au/...ruise-schedule

Room Types and Floorplans:
https://www.scribd.com/document/3404...t-Sydney-Rooms

Expert Review posted in Luxury Forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-reviews/r-wonderful-park-hyatt-sydney-stay-and-city-harbor-view-with-a-few-caveats-1943
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Sydney (Post-Reno) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2013, 9:38 pm
Used to be 'thiti'

Programs: UA-PP 1MM, Hyatt-Globalist, Bonvoy-LT Titanium, Hertz-Pres Cir
Indeed, 343 is a great room! Stayed there last time as well.
Old May 27, 2013, 12:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Spectacular! The hotel is going out of their way to give you the best experience possible. I had a very early arrival into Sydney at 5am and booked a limo transfer to the hotel.

The day before my arrival, I get an e-mail from the GM advising me that they will give me an early check-in for me to rest and shower but due to their occupancy, they would only be able to give me an upgraded accommodation later that day. Did I mention I stayed on points?

Ended up with an Opera Deluxe Room at the very end of the hotel on the third floor with the best view of "Lighting The Sails" which is the illumination of the Opera House during "Vivid".

I have stayed many times at the PHS (on paid rates) and it's amazing how they can still pull a rabbit out of their hat... I tip my hat off to them! ^
Old Jun 10, 2013, 6:24 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by SMK77
Ended up with an Opera Deluxe Room at the very end of the hotel on the third floor with the best view of "Lighting The Sails" which is the illumination of the Opera House during "Vivid".
what was the room number? Looking forward to my stay in less than 3 weeks.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by bworrell
Just had a great stay here, was upgraded to a great "Deluxe" king room with Opera view. (Room 343)
this is my current view.

sent a request last week to the concierge. When I checked in today, front desk said to an Opera Deluxe room and one of his favorites. I asked if it was 343 and he responded with "I'm afraid to ask how you knew that".

Great room, great hotel.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 12:06 pm

Stayed here last month using Chase Hyatt Reward nights - Saturday and Sunday during Vivid festival.

I didn't have a view of the Opera House or a balcony but did have a view of the Harbour Bridge and Luna Park. Room was spacious and nicely appointed, with a walk-in closet, sitting area, tea pot and cups set, and large flat screen TV on the wall. The location of the hotel was great - steps from the outdoor markets and the harbor. Reception staff was courteous and cool, concierge and valet were pleasant and friendly, didn't try the restaurants - the property is well maintained.

Did the Bridge Climb, night time ferry with Sydney Celebration Cruises, Bondi-Coogee beach coastal walk, and day trip to Blue Mountains while I was there. First time in Australia, everything was great except the extra fees charged when using a credit card.

Took the train from the airport to the hotel but my luggage was giving me issues so the walk to the hotel from Circular Quay seemed long and tiring. I took the taxi to the airport when I left, it was about AUD $55 (it was raining out, I wasn't about to drag my bags back to the train station).

Overall very enjoyable stay, would not hesitate to book again in the future
Old Jul 5, 2013, 8:56 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID RAZR Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-16) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

planning on staying here in august on points for two nights. should i email and ask for room 343?
Old Jul 6, 2013, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by antonius66
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID RAZR Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-16) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

planning on staying here in august on points for two nights. should i email and ask for room 343?
I sent the concierge a message about a week before my arrival. Only thing I didn't like was the 3rd floor balconies aren't really covered so my balcony was useless as it rained every day

On another note, I regret not taking a cab back to the airport as we had to transfer due to weekend track work. Also didn't help that someone fainted on the train and we had to wait for medical assistance
Old Jul 6, 2013, 3:10 pm

Can anyone pm me the email address?
Old Jul 6, 2013, 11:42 pm

[email protected]
Old Jul 7, 2013, 10:00 am

Thanks.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 12:27 pm

Just got in on the getaway deal. have enough pts for 2 nights. as a nonstatus what type of room should i expect? can i even email them for rm 343?
Old Jul 11, 2013, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by nas6034
Just got in on the getaway deal. have enough pts for 2 nights. as a nonstatus what type of room should i expect? can i even email them for rm 343?
fairly certain only diamonds will get an upgrade to 343. you have zero status or do you have the Hyatt CC which gives automatic platinum?
DO you have enough stays with other brands to show them for a diamond challenge?
Old Jul 15, 2013, 5:45 am

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond, HHonors: Diamond, SPG: Gold
Review and data point.

The wife and I stayed here July 1st. Quick highlights:

+ The view - upgraded to a Opera Deluxe King - outstanding view. I almost wept when I found out I only had 15 hours in the room.
+ Breakfast - outstanding, order the hash, it's made from scratch.
+ Service - polite, on time, outstanding

Full review with pics here: http://theselfishyears.com/2013/07/1...-hyatt-sydney/

As a data point, Mrs. Wanderlustre's temporary diamond status expired by the time we hit the hotel, but they recognized it anyway since she emailed to request the Opera Deluxe room. We ended up with the full diamond treatment (including breakfast)! So I guess the lesson there is contact every Hyatt you possibly can during a diamond challenge.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 6:13 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wanderlustre
The wife and I stayed here July 1st. Quick highlights:

+ The view - upgraded to a Opera Deluxe King - outstanding view. I almost wept when I found out I only had 15 hours in the room.
+ Breakfast - outstanding, order the hash, it's made from scratch.
+ Service - polite, on time, outstanding

Full review with pics here: http://theselfishyears.com/2013/07/1...-hyatt-sydney/

As a data point, Mrs. Wanderlustre's temporary diamond status expired by the time we hit the hotel, but they recognized it anyway since she emailed to request the Opera Deluxe room. We ended up with the full diamond treatment (including breakfast)! So I guess the lesson there is contact every Hyatt you possibly can during a diamond challenge.
AKA how to cheat the Diamond Trial offer.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Parking?

OK, this is a pretty insane question, but my family of 5 is staying at the Park Hyatt for an overnight next month (yes, we're using the free night certificates). We've got about a 24-hour layover in town. Public transport is ridiculously overpriced; because of the airport surcharge, the train makes no sense and the five of us would need a maxi-cab which has a 50% surcharge and, apparently, an approximate $75 one-way cost (at best). I've also heard that getting a maxi-cab from the CBD back to the airport can be a hassle.

On the other hand, I have a free day's car rental with Hertz. I just have to pay about $10 in taxes. I'd really prefer not to drive because it seems like a silly hassle but, given the poor alternatives, it might not be a bad idea. The hotel website says their on-site parking is $45 which, given the room rates and Sydney parking prices, seems almost "reasonable." On the weekend, would there be other more economical parking options?

And if anybody has a better idea how a family could get to and from the Hyatt at a reasonable price, I'd love to hear that tip. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.