Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2010, 11:30 am

meducate and notquiteaff - how are you guys getting an extra 20,000 bonus points?
Old Nov 4, 2010, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
This would be a really excellent use of an upgrade cert. Books into their 'Grand Suite' which is very nicely laid out and comes with *free minibar*
Yes, that's one property where I was hoping to use it.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 11:33 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by Mi13
meducate and notquiteaff - how are you guys getting an extra 20,000 bonus points?
10 nights
Old Nov 4, 2010, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Thanks to all Ambassadors - Here's a question from a true newbie here:

How do you feel about the great 10K promo? Is that considered a generous amount of points for 5 nights? And what would be your best strategy for taking advantage of it, in terms of investment vs. reward?

Mi13
First Welcome to FT and Hyatt Forums!

This promo is good not the best one yet, I like the FFN promo (2 stays get 1 free). Hope that promo come back next Spring.

So far I got 10K and need 2 more nights for another 10K

Feel free to ask all kind of questions, we will be happy to answer the best we could or direct you to the right place.

Enjoy your answering your question.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
This promo: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/loyalt...tion-analysis/

I'll have 12 nights (per current plan) during the qualifying period. The first ten will give me 2 * 10,000 points. There's a slight chance for more travel, which might or might not get me into another Hyatt, but if not, I wouldn't force another 3 nights through MR.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 1:26 pm

Hi folks. I'm a little too new to the hotel thing to have my bearings (most of my travel is to visit family, leaving me understanding the airlines but not the hotels).

I booked a room at the HR Houston for a wedding I will be attending in April and noticed that GP points can be used to upgrade to a suite for up to 4 nights for 6,000 points. With a little under 10k in the bank, if that would work.

When I called I got told two things - one reasonable, one not so reasonable. The first was that I was using the wrong rate level. Reading the FAQ, I would have thought that the negotiated wedding rate would have been "eligible," but apparently it isn't the right kind of eligible for the upgrade - I would need to pay the standard Best Available Rate, not the negotiated, not AAA, not Advance Purchase. That seems a little bothersome, but is reasonable. However, I was also told that I would need to book a minimum of four nights to use the upgrade. Apparently some properties require two, some three, some four and some five, to redeem the upgrade. This seems a little unreasonable, but maybe there is something I'm not understanding. I just don't know what I don't understand.

If it makes any difference, I am Platinum thanks to their relationship with the CO PPC. Of course, looking at the benefits, I'm not sure that does anything for me other than possibly ensuring I get a corner room or city view (I feel like they have the corner set up as a distinct category). It just feels like a level that they throw out there to try and make people feel like they are making progress.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 3:26 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

nbs2 - From the information that you received - the part about the rate is correct - however, the part about the number of nights is not (the rule is that the points upgrade are for a maximum of 4 nights but obviously can be less) - I think that you got an uninformed agent - either call back if you still want to upgrade based on the rate or contact our Gold Passport Concierge here on Flyertalk. The only limitation that I know of is if you want to book a suite using points (there is a minimum of 3 nights for this).
Old Nov 4, 2010, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by peteropny
nbs2 - From the information that you received - the part about the rate is correct - however, the part about the number of nights is not (the rule is that the points upgrade are for a maximum of 4 nights but obviously can be less)
as documented on this page:

http://www.hyatt.com/gp/en/awards/hyatt_upgrade.jsp
Old Nov 4, 2010, 6:53 pm

Programs: Hilton gold
I would just like to say that the concept of the Flyer Talk Ambassador is a great way to educate and help everyone new and old to Hyatt. Hats off to all of you.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 8:31 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

nbs2 -- BTW, that isn't a really great Hyatt, the last time I stayed in a suite there, it was decent but rather tired. So if they haven't remodeled recently, you might want to consider saving the points for something else. If you need the extra space, go for it.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 12:14 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Not necessarily a question, BUT........

I did just meet a fellow FT member (Imaflygirl). We were in security at RDU when I saw her FT luggage tag. We continued our conversation in the USAirways lounge and were comparing points, programs and miles.

I HOPE she joins us as a Hyatt lover and her flight to ORD was uneventful
Old Nov 5, 2010, 4:48 pm

Wanted Safety from Flames

So I'm posting here, though not a newbie...
We've got a ressie for HNL for 8 nights using diamond suite upgrades. SInce it was for 8 nights had to use 2 upgrades. Well realize that we're not going to be staying that long, probably not at all and would like to use one of these for end of month for a 2 night stay in Cambridge. Cambridge only has king suites so we usually can't/don't use these upgrades. Well DH isn't going with us on this trip and I just found out that we can have a roll-away. We haven't used any upgrades yet and have until end of Feb...
So here's what I'm asking you experts...
For Diamond suite upgrades (the 4), can you use for for "up to 7 nights" or "up to 4 nights". When I call CRO they insist that it's 4, but I thought it was 7.
Which is it?
TIA
Carolyn
Old Nov 5, 2010, 5:03 pm

Try Try Again

Is the famous mantra on FF.
Just called HGP CR Diamond again and finally got Jeff who agreed on the 7 nights.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 10:25 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
It is 7 nights maximum for the Diamond suite upgrade and 4 nights for the 6000 GP suite upgrade.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 4:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, LH Senator
Diamond Status benefits

Hi, I am new to FlyerTalk and recently I became a Diamond member, after more han 15 years of Platinum Member to GP. I have some questions about my new Diamond Status.

1) Diamond Status offers a suite upgrade four times annually on paid room nights. When I checked the Award Page, this offer will expire in February 2011. My Diamond status is valid till February 2012. Does it mean, that after February 2011 I will receive another 4 times suite upgrades?

2) I already used the suite upgrade benefit for some of my future stays and I received a re-confirmation email, which includes new room. Is it guaranted? Or hotel can change later without notice? (I heard about possibility, that hotel can refuse this). Also I heard that, I can be obliged to pay some small fee if I use the suite with a spouse. What is your experience?

3) I saw in some posts, that some people mentioned, that Diamond members can receive late-checkout. Is there any written rule about it or it is based on voluntary decision of the hotel staff?

4) Before I became a Diamond Member, I already did some future reservation. If I check now my bookings I still see my status as Platinum Member. Is it neccessary to do change them or the hotel staff is able to recognize my new status before I will arrive to the hotel?

Thank you in advance for all your responses?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.