Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Leading Hotels of the World - $19.28 a night (reg $500-$2000)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Leading Hotels of the World - $19.28 a night (reg $500-$2000)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2008, 10:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
A big ^ to Mr. Calder for coming on FT, explaining the situation, and offering a solution.

Despite everything that's been said this morning, perhaps this experience will actually serve as an example for other companies to recover from failed promotions with dignity.

-FlyerBeek
Old Oct 1, 2008, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by yyzprincess
Yes it does.
In the contact Information Section
On the Left Boxes for Your Name & Telephone #. On The Right Credit Card Information. First Box: Name on the Card
2nd. Box: Card Number
3Rd Box: Expire Date
I can send the in completed form as an attachment if you PM me your email address.
What URL did you access it from? Mine doesn't have it it has:
First
Last
Contact #
Country Code
Old Oct 1, 2008, 10:29 am

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by WBurcham
What URL did you access it from? Mine doesn't have it it has:
First
Last
Contact #
Country Code
I got mine emailed to me directly from VP at LHW Corporate Headquaters in NYC.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
an example for other companies to recover from failed promotions with dignity.

-FlyerBeek
Don't count your chickens.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

11:45AM
Originally Posted by Julian
LHW is now aware of this thread......
12:18PM
Originally Posted by Julian
This happened because I got one of the LHW agents to look at this thread....

10:04AM
Originally Posted by Rexly
My email to Ani
Dear Executive team ,
Thank you for your time , Rexly

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=863668
(times in EST)

and thats only the first FTer to specifically mention that they linked them the thread.

well, this will be interesting. I'll stage outlook to send this emial at exactly 8:00 am tomorrow whether I am at my desk or not. If it goes through, great, if it gets rejected, I won't be surprised either. Chances are, with as many people that did indeed register, thousands of email will come in with exact date and time stamp.

So will the process be, the first 6000 requests will be honored? is there some complex algorithim of property and dates to determine if a room is available? Are there X amount of rooms at each property?
Old Oct 1, 2008, 10:31 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG, MG, HHG, AA Gold, AMEX PLAT,
for those of you who haven't received an email yet... I haven't & just spoke to LHW

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
How about being patient???

"First come, first serve?" Impossible, as there is NO ATTACHED FORM.

And what makes you leap to the assumption that it is "first come first serve" anyhow? There is NOTHING in the e-mail that says that.

(But FTers are always good at leaping to unwarranted conclusions.... )

Spoke to LHW Customer Service yet again... The first woman was downright rude to me... even though I called in on the Leader's Club tollfree #... since I'm a member. After listening to her gimme a bunch of BS... I kindly reminded her that I'm not some random person only looking for the promo rather I booked hotels thru Leader's Club on a monthly basis.... I was put on hold and another woman took over the call. Apparently, they're sending the emails out in bunches and there's absolutely no way to verify if you're on their list. SHOCKER!!! She said since I pre-registered I'd 'definitely' receive the email sometime today... when asked how she could be so sure I'd receive it.. considering my wife nor I hadn't so far... she replied, "have a little patience"... up to this point, I had been very cordial and not pushy in the least bit.

FWIW, the woman from LHW informed me of the new T's & C's.... Apparently, we're asked to complete a form which requires us to list our preference for (3) participating properties in addition to requested travel dates. Next, we are required to send this email back to LHW tomorrow starting at the same time as today's fiasco. Then, they'll begin to fill requests on a first come, first serve basis.... she claimed that no emails will be accepted earlier than tomorrow at 12 GMT (8AM EST). The offer is open for the same 80 min time period as today's crap sandwich... therefore, no emails will be accepted once time expires. She concluded the call with a comment that she's unable to verify if someone is on the list.... and that things are changing 'by the minute' over there so it's hard to provide any add'l details.

Sounds like a 'great plan'.... NOT! I can't believe this is the best they can do considering the circumstances.... come on... what's worse & total BS is how their treatment of existing members and/or customers who happen to book a decent amount of hotels rooms with them. You'd think, after all this nonsense, they'd do something above & beyond this promo... (i.e. assign a priority based on previous stays)...

...or at the very, very least put forth the effort to confirm whether or not an existing member is truly on the list or just simply send the freakin' email out again (just in case...)
Old Oct 1, 2008, 10:32 am

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
time

12 noon GMT? what time is that in paris?
Old Oct 1, 2008, 10:33 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Third time's a charm! Finally includes a line "Please click here to download the form for details. As a reminder, below is a complete list of the hotels participating in this promotion. "

Which already had here on FT, but it's nice to know they care.

Wonder how long it takes for my corp email to flag LHW as a spammer!
Old Oct 1, 2008, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

~6000 room nights = 1 or 2 rooms available per night at each property

do you have to have been pre registered to send the form in? that would be a good thing...
Old Oct 1, 2008, 10:34 am

Hmmm

That's true. I do IT security and I think sending CC info through email is pretty unsafe.

Actually, why don't LHW put up a simple HTML form on their website to get submissions from 12pm onwards? They can do this on a scaled-down web page with minimal graphics to reduce server load.

This is a better method for the following reasons:
1. Smaller file size (compared to the ridiculous 200KB x 250K emails) - smaller if the form is linked to a database
2. Using a database to store personal information (and CC info) is much safer than email
3. By storing submitted form details in a database, it will be easier to sort/filter submitted forms
4. The database can be on another server other than LHW.com so as to avoid affecting LHW.com's operations
5. Timestamp issues - submitted forms will be based on the server's timestamp
6. Server load issues - again, not sure if LHW's email server is formidable enough to handle the incoming torrent of 250k emails at 12pm GMT!

Is LHW looking for a new CIO? my resume is ready

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
good lord the form is broken too? i have no right hand boxes there...

i also would not send my CC info in a word doc in an email. im going to send the form completed as i have it. (no boxes for CC info, no "any hotel" option)

Programs: Amex Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold
My email came with no attachment. I sent an email to the [email protected] and got an Out of Office Reply detailing how the promotion went wrong, and they were contacting registered users via email.

Screwed.

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
11:45AM

12:18PM

10:04AM

(times in EST)

and thats only the first FTer to specifically mention that they linked them the thread.
Gee, that's a beautiful post. All those quotes. Lovely.

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by yyzprincess
Yes it does.
In the contact Information Section
On the Left Boxes for Your Name & Telephone #. On The Right Credit Card Information. First Box: Name on the Card
2nd. Box: Card Number
3Rd Box: Expire Date
I can send the in completed form as an attachment if you PM me your email address.
There must be different forms, because the one I'm looking at has no boxes for credit cards anywhere. I wonder if they changed their mind and decided to add the cc boxes or to remove them?
Old Oct 1, 2008, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the first 2 emails both had links. that link was posted in this thread 42 minutes ago. (which was 44 minutes after i received first email.)

the latest email has a much more visible link. its a new url, but the document is the same.

i still dont see CC info boxes. and i wouldnt fill them out even if i did.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 1, 2008 at 10:44 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.