Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2010, 9:58 am

I justed booked a Radisson stay using the CARLSONF promo code.

i googled radisson family and friends, and located the following link.

http://www.radisson.com/familyandfriends

this webpage has all the terms and conditions. nothing is mentioned regarding any sort of proof or id.

only one type of room to choose from, but the savings was significant.

Old Jun 23, 2010, 7:13 pm

Wow... just used this to book 4 nights in New York at $85 per night. Also booked 2 nights at the Tremblant resort in Quebec for $79 per night. Excellent deal!
Old Jun 24, 2010, 3:06 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Staceyann7!

I'd seen this thread before but had not looked at it in detail. There are some excellent rates! The former Westin Grand Bahama is now the Radisson Our Lucaya. Island View rooms are just $80.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 4:46 am

Programs: Marriott ,Radisson ,BW & Accor Gold , M&M , AB & FB Silver ,Hertz Gold
delete

Last edited by pepsii; Jun 24, 2010 at 5:03 am Reason: delete
Old Jul 1, 2010, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA, AA, HH Diamond,HertzGold,Interconental Plat Amb.
Just booked 9 nights and 1 night in Europe. Saving about $900. My thanks for posting this.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 10:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platnum
Just booked at the Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens Melbourne for 3 nights in Sept. It's 40% off normal rate. Great deal. Thanks.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 7:53 am

Programs: CO/DL
I have been reading these forums for a long time - figured I'd join and give my 2 cents here and there.

Anyway, I just booked using this code, brought the room from 139 to 80/night. at 4 nights, this is a really nice find. I hope I have as much luck as the rest of you using this! (e.g. hope they don't give me a hard time about it). Thanks everyone!
Old Jul 4, 2010, 8:49 am

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Stay 2 get 1

Can anyone confirm whether this worked for the promo?
I didnt see anything in the T+C's stating you needed to earn points to count.
Or is earning points the definition of a qualifying stay?
If this works for the stay2 I will be booking 13 stays for July
Old Jul 9, 2010, 8:25 am

Programs: DL FO
After doing some looking around it looks like the code gets you the following for ANY DATE that is bookable, in ANY Radisson property in North America (maybe South America too, did not check, but Europe is regular F&F rates).

Country Inn - $70 any bookable room.
Radisson- $80 any bookable room (although the NYC ones were excluded).

Note: The rates are in USD, so in Canada they are a little higher in CAD since it is worth a little less then the USD.

The $70/$80 is only double occupancy, the rate goes up by about 50% with the 3rd person, and doubles with the 4th, but this is one heck of a deal if you want to go somewhere at peak time, and can plan ahead.

Last edited by yev11223; Jul 9, 2010 at 9:52 am
Old Jul 9, 2010, 9:37 am

I just booked the Radisson Edmonton South for $83 CAD at the end of July. The BAR is $122 CAD. That's over 30% off.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 10:01 pm

Programs: AC Elite
Originally Posted by stallion114
Can anyone confirm whether this worked for the promo?
I didnt see anything in the T+C's stating you needed to earn points to count.
Or is earning points the definition of a qualifying stay?
If this works for the stay2 I will be booking 13 stays for July
Definition of "Qualifying Stay" per T&C:

A “Qualifying Stay” is defined as one or more consecutive nights in the same Participating Property, regardless of the number of check-in or check-outs that occur during that stay at a rate eligible to earn Gold Points under the Program Rules.

I assume this rate doesn't earn points?

I'll be staying at the Seatac Radisson tomorrow night for $80. ... is going on in Seattle this weekend? Everything is either sold out or really jacked up in price. Even in the outerlying areas.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 9:33 am

Programs: BA Silver
Wow, thanks guys. Just booked 2 nights at the Radisson Decapolis Hotel in Panama City (Panama). Best available rate $249/night. Rate with F&F promo - $80/night ^

Now if only this worked for my upcoming visit to NYC...
Old Jul 10, 2010, 11:17 am

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Looks Regent hotels cannot be booked anymore

I think the regent group is out of the CARLSON fold and cannot be booked anymore on the F&F rate
Old Jul 10, 2010, 11:20 am

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
The Carlson F&F rate seems to be of very good value specially in Europe (except UK) and Middle East where it is booked including breakfast, making it into a huge saving.

Hope these rates continue beyond Dec 31, 2010.

Used it for a weekend night at the Zurich Airport with almost 50% saving from the breakfast inclusive cancellable rate
Old Jul 19, 2010, 2:07 am

Programs: TK*G, LH*S, HH Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Can anybody confirm that (here for Alexandria in Egypt) the rate is charged with 80€ per night, including taxes/fees ? It is a bit confusing what is written in the booking conditions:

ROOM DESCRIPTION:
- +/- 55 square metres
- Room type / Bed type / Smoking preference confirmed
- Free broadband
- Buffet breakfast included
- 10% VAT and 12% Service charge excluded

FEATURES:
- Discounted rate for family & friends of Carlson employees globally
- Guest will be charged equivalent of EUR 80
- Please note that currency exchange rates are subject to change
- Room type / Bed type / Smoking preference confirmed
- 25% discount on food and beverage (excluding alcohol) in the all day restaurant
- Buffet breakfast, VAT and applicable taxes included

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.