Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2016, 4:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Is there any advantage to checking in online with this rate? Just had an email.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 7:37 am

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
Has anyone used the CARLSONF promo code (Family and Friends) in Edinburgh?
There are two hotels, Radisson Blu and G&V Royal Mile Hotel.
I put in the CARLSONF promo code for a stay in April and it says Rate Not Offered.

Is it never offered, am I trying to book too early or...?
Old Jul 26, 2016, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Most likely too early. Try later
Old Jul 29, 2016, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I'm considering a night at a Radisson in Oslo and would love to have a friend with the Carlson group. Is anyone available?
Old Aug 7, 2016, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by mherdeg
I'm considering a night at a Radisson in Oslo and would love to have a friend with the Carlson group. Is anyone available?
Same here, a friend would be highly appreciated.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by paulqle
I´m also very nice.......please be my friend.....

Lars
Old Aug 7, 2016, 9:09 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Another public service announcement. An eligible employee has zero incentive to provide their details and only potential downside if the guest turns trashes the room.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by paulqle
Stroll to the Radisson Blu Berlin. The staff is very affable. Reach out for new "friends". At worst, you'll enjoy the famous lobby aquarium.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 11:01 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by seawolf
Another public service announcement. An eligible employee has zero incentive to provide their details and only potential downside if the guest turns trashes the room.
Either people don't read these PSAs or they just don't care. Sad. Maybe they think the reminder doesn't apply to them.

Can you imagine any Carlson employee reading this thread and thinking, "yeah, let me give this person my name and work location so they can get a rate they are not entitled to". Seriously?
Old Aug 8, 2016, 12:54 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Larsfra
please be my friend.....
What a sad thread this has become....
Old Aug 9, 2016, 12:33 pm

Makes sense of course. Apologies for the stupid question, in hindsight it should have occured to me as well when typing it out. Now that I've read the last few pages again I see the PSAs - must have missed them before ^

Originally Posted by sonofzeus
Stroll to the Radisson Blu Berlin. The staff is very affable. Reach out for new "friends". At worst, you'll enjoy the famous lobby aquarium.
I might just do so, thanks!
Old Aug 9, 2016, 9:11 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum
RE: Friends and Family Rate Ending??

Originally Posted by BMWMOT
Has anyone used the CARLSONF promo code (Family and Friends) in Edinburgh?
There are two hotels, Radisson Blu and G&V Royal Mile Hotel.
I put in the CARLSONF promo code for a stay in April and it says Rate Not Offered.

Is it never offered, am I trying to book too early or...?
It looks to me that the rate is not available as of January 1, 2017 which likely will correspond to the closing of the sale of the hotel group by Carlson to HNA.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 10:36 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The hotel either has the guest's bank card on file or a cash deposit to cover any damages.

And terminating or otherwise going after employees for their friends and family engaging in irresponsible behavior in some other hotel may not be legal grounds to punish the hotel employees with disciplinary action up to and including termination.

Scare stories have a place for Halloween; but they also seem to have a home on FT. But isn't it just a story for the fiction shelves in the library?
Old Aug 10, 2016, 3:19 am

If any employee can help me with their particulars, can you please PM me. Need to book a hotel for next week.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 3:47 am

Are you serious with the employee requests??? These requests should be banned from this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.