Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HK island to CAN

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2016, 4:26 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
We've got an OP looking forward for a 3.5 hour door to airport cross border private transfer from one of the most expansive cities in the world + F experience on QF. That's is why I assume OP would prefer J over Y. You want the whole experience and comfort, no compromise.

But yes you're right, OP can leave HK island around 8 and can still make it, if he's got a busy day. private car directly to departure level of CAN is way more comfortable than adding another flight in. Price wise, Y flight only slightly cheaper if OP is travelling on his own AND taking a public transport to HKG.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 9:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Ausriver
We've got an OP looking forward for a 3.5 hour door to airport cross border private transfer from one of the most expansive cities in the world + F experience on QF. That's is why I assume OP would prefer J over Y. You want the whole experience and comfort, no compromise.

But yes you're right, OP can leave HK island around 8 and can still make it, if he's got a busy day. private car directly to departure level of CAN is way more comfortable than adding another flight in. Price wise, Y flight only slightly cheaper if OP is travelling on his own AND taking a public transport to HKG.
Personally, there is nothing about that "experience" that I could envision myself "wanting" (i.e. it is bearable, but kind of sucks).
Old Oct 12, 2016, 6:25 pm

Actually how short the flight is? I mean the actual in the air time with no air traffic control? 20 minutes?
Old Oct 12, 2016, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Actually how short the flight is? I mean the actual in the air time with no air traffic control? 20 minutes?
Before PRC military ATC it was a 15minute from old Shek Kong (pre KaiTek) to old CAN in a DC3
Old Oct 12, 2016, 7:06 pm

IME, flight time is typically closer to 45 minutes, perhaps in part because the plane needs to climb to 15k feet before entering Chinese air space.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by moondog
IME, flight time is typically closer to 45 minutes, perhaps in part because the plane needs to climb to 15k feet before entering Chinese air space.
It is longer than I thought, any main served in J?
Old Oct 13, 2016, 2:04 am

If water, Coke, Sprite counts as a "main", then Yes!
Old Oct 14, 2016, 4:39 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
When CZ was still flying this route, C was fruit plate and drinks, Y water and cookies.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 6:59 am

Water and cookies are good enough for such a short Y flight. The actual seat belt off time is like maybe 15 minutes? Maybe the best would be leave a small bottle of water in the seat pocket, so pax can drink after boarding & departure. That's like 30 minutes + time.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 4:12 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Water and cookies are good enough for such a short Y flight. The actual seat belt off time is like maybe 15 minutes? Maybe the best would be leave a small bottle of water in the seat pocket, so pax can drink after boarding & departure. That's like 30 minutes + time.
+1

RJ on flights with similar flight times :AMM-TLV (19 minutes) and AMM-AQJ (35 minutes),both served by 319/320/321 and occasionaly on E195/E175 in Y serves orange/apple juices before takeoff +coffee/water on request, inflight.

In J,it's welcome drink (juice/water)+arabic coffee and in-flight it's tea/coffee+a grand total of two cookies (3,if you get a generous crew member)+soft drinks and alcohol.

Pics at the bottom of the post.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26769490-post1.html

Looking on FR24,the flight time on HKG-CAN ranged between 23 minutes to 66 minutes (although the latter is an outlier,the next longest flight time was 37 minutes),with the inbounds normally being 10 minutes longer. KA rosters 321/320 for these flights,but occasionally also an A333.

Are there any TR on Flyertalk or elsewhere about these route (I ve searched,but can not find much).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.