Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Rome Airport {ITA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2017, 7:39 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If there is no readily available email, I would call the property directly and ask for the individual email of the person responsible for the issue on which you wish to consult. Or better yet, speak with that person and then, if necessary confirm or follow up via email.

General email boxes, as others note, are often not considered sufficient for anything beyond email overflow.

What exactly do you want? Given that it is Rome, there may well be someone here on FT who can help you with a good contact person.

Last edited by Often1; Feb 13, 2017 at 7:52 am
Old Feb 13, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Another option is to fax the hotel. The hotel listing on hilton.com usually lists it along with the voice line. This way you have a written record of your request.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: DL, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Recent stay and appreciate tips on this hotel. We chose for one night stay due to early departure following morning. There is a 10 min walking terminal (through parking structure) which forks to connect hotel to Terminals 1, 2 and 3. We arrived in Terminal 1 and departed Terminal 2 and same distance from Hotel.

Knowing the shuttle times allowed for us to speed check in (Upgraded as Gold from Basic to Deluxe with Lounge Access) and quickly drop bags in the room to catch the shuttle downtown. Departs every two hours on the Even and return every two odd hours with 9pm and 11pm as the last two in the evening.

Full Breakfast as Gold in the restaurant. Extensive options. Good.

Others have brought up lack of email. I reached out to another Hilton in Rome to assist with a restaurant reservation and they assisted. Asked me to have Airport Hilton reconfirm once we arrived in Rome.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 9:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by TravelATL
There is a 10 min walking terminal (through parking structure) which forks to connect hotel to Terminals 1, 2 and 3. We arrived in Terminal 1 and departed Terminal 2 and same distance from Hotel.
Although the walkway does go through the parking, this is fully enclosed from just to the edge of the hotel grounds to the terminal building. Perfectly pleasant walk with some moving walkways as well so not as if you have to dodge through the cars.

Ghe shuttle is a real bonus into the city.
Old May 11, 2017, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TravelATL
Recent stay and appreciate tips on this hotel. We chose for one night stay due to early departure following morning. There is a 10 min walking terminal (through parking structure) which forks to connect hotel to Terminals 1, 2 and 3. We arrived in Terminal 1 and departed Terminal 2 and same distance from Hotel.

Knowing the shuttle times allowed for us to speed check in (Upgraded as Gold from Basic to Deluxe with Lounge Access) and quickly drop bags in the room to catch the shuttle downtown. Departs every two hours on the Even and return every two odd hours with 9pm and 11pm as the last two in the evening.

Full Breakfast as Gold in the restaurant. Extensive options. Good.

Others have brought up lack of email. I reached out to another Hilton in Rome to assist with a restaurant reservation and they assisted. Asked me to have Airport Hilton reconfirm once we arrived in Rome.
Where does the shuttle drop off in Rome?

Still trying to decide between HGI and Hilton (my corporate rate at the Hilton is 79Euros higher) and costing out the difference (we are hopefully heading to Roscioli for a late dinner after our 615pm arrival - so we'd be aiming for the 8pm shuttle with a 930 seating) so a free shuttle would subtract 12-16euros from the current price differential due to savings (though we'd have to take a cab back since by the time we finish and get gelato we'll miss the last trains and hotel shuttle).
Old May 12, 2017, 3:14 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by Duke787
Where does the shuttle drop off in Rome?

Still trying to decide between HGI and Hilton (my corporate rate at the Hilton is 79Euros higher) and costing out the difference (we are hopefully heading to Roscioli for a late dinner after our 615pm arrival - so we'd be aiming for the 8pm shuttle with a 930 seating) so a free shuttle would subtract 12-16euros from the current price differential due to savings (though we'd have to take a cab back since by the time we finish and get gelato we'll miss the last trains and hotel shuttle).
The drop off / pick up point is by a bus stop (for many different hotel buses and mini vans) just to the side of the altar of the fatherland, (aka Altare della Patria (on Via del Teatro Marcello)

Map location (courtesy/copyright of Google maps):

You can find out the timings and a few caveats regarding the shuttle bus that you should know about in my post upthread (link here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25967946-post439.html

The bus worked great for me but they do state that they are not responsible for delays, full busses (so no seats available) or for not showing up...so caveat emptor if your plans all revolve around getting that bus to make the hotel choice a better deal...it should work out but have a backup plan or consider how you would decide if the bus is not running/is late, etc...so you enjoy the time in this great city...
Attached Images  
Old May 12, 2017, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BotB
The drop off / pick up point is by a bus stop (for many different hotel buses and mini vans) just to the side of the altar of the fatherland, (aka Altare della Patria (on Via del Teatro Marcello)

Map location (courtesy/copyright of Google maps):

You can find out the timings and a few caveats regarding the shuttle bus that you should know about in my post upthread (link here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25967946-post439.html

The bus worked great for me but they do state that they are not responsible for delays, full busses (so no seats available) or for not showing up...so caveat emptor if your plans all revolve around getting that bus to make the hotel choice a better deal...it should work out but have a backup plan or consider how you would decide if the bus is not running/is late, etc...so you enjoy the time in this great city...
Okay cool this is very helpful. Any restaurant tips that are within walking distance? Roscioli looks like it might fall through. My girlfriend wants to walk over to Frigidarium for gelato but I'm still on the hunt for a good pasta / burrata place in between the drop-off and Frigidarium
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:42 pm

I have to go to Terminal 5 in FCO to catch my AA flight back to the states. If I stay at this hotel (a one night stay), is it too far to walk? Or take the shuttle bus??? Never stayed here before. I'm tempted to just stay at the Hilton Garden Inn instead....

I stay at the LHR Airport Hilton a lot, and they have a covered walkway to the closest terminal. You just get in an elevator and get on the Heathrow Express to change terminals. Easy Peasy.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
It depends on what you call "too far", but we certainly didn't have any problems. I would say the total distance involved is around a mile and a half, but that is total...checkin...security...to gate. Some things have changed since we were last there, so it might be less, or more.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:57 pm

Terminal 5 is no longer in use: your AA checkin should be at T3: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28237729-post313.html
Old Jun 22, 2017, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by rove312
Terminal 5 is no longer in use: your AA checkin should be at T3: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28237729-post313.html
Thanks.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 1:55 am
JWo

Programs: MPC DM / UA *A Gold / Hyatt Glob / SPG Gold
Does any one know what the going rate is for a day room at this hotel? I have a 6 hour layover (12pm to 6pm) coming up in FCO . Thanks.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 2:13 pm

Do they have a high-end restaurant at the hotel? Our last night in Rome may need to be here because of a very early morning flight out (don't want to hassle getting to the airport from the city really early). Is there a good place for dinner on property?
Old Feb 24, 2018, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by bofc
Do they have a high-end restaurant at the hotel? Our last night in Rome may need to be here because of a very early morning flight out (don't want to hassle getting to the airport from the city really early). Is there a good place for dinner on property?
I wouldn't call it high-end but we were not disappointed. However, our experience was three years ago.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by bofc
It won't be your best meal in Rome, but likely not your worst. Worth the expense if you want a full service hotel very close to the airport for an early flight. No need to rely on a shuttle if you are capable of walking to the terminal with your luggage. That alone, to me, is nice when you are trying to make an early flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.