Search

Q4 Promo - 1000 Points

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2012, 9:32 am
PeS

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, BA Gold
Originally Posted by MayorMcKnife
Doesn't start until November 1?!
Does it mean there's no promo in October?
That's bad, I have stay on Oct 21-27.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 9:35 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
This is about as minimal as they could get and still call it a promo. It is probably a waste given how few incremental bookings it is likely to generate.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 9:39 am

Programs: HHonors-D, Delta Silver, IHG Plat
Lackluster

Lame as expected, multiple stays in October, minimal in Nov-Dec.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 10:40 am

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
This is very disappointing on Hilton's part. One can buy 1000 points for $12.50. Compared to other hotel promos like Marriott's or even SPG's, Hilton really dropped the ball on this. I am also baffled why there is an exclusion for earning the 1000 bonus points on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 10:51 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by chitownflyer
I am also baffled why there is an exclusion for earning the 1000 bonus points on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Hi,

I guess they do it because it is their busier nights and when most of business people travel. They could get away with it if other hotel chains did the same, otherwise for sure it will mean loosing business.
Also this promo could make sense in the 1st quarter, when some people that struggle to re-qualify, like me, are ready to go the extra-mile to stay in a Hilton property, but now?
Old Oct 5, 2012, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by airb330
SPG's promo is very attractive this quarter. Smart move! ^
But how much is a breakfast at SPG? (Hilton G/D: free for up to two people). I'm trying the Sheraton Brussels, next Friday night: 84 euros. When I select the Double Starpoints or the 2000 Starpoints-rate it suddenly becomes 109 euros. W/o BF.

Last edited by Sisosig; Oct 5, 2012 at 11:41 am
Old Oct 5, 2012, 12:01 pm

Programs: US Airways - Chairman, Delta - Platinum, Marriott - Platinum, Hilton - Diamond, SPG - Platinum
This is insulting to business travelers with the tues & wed night exclusions. I'll be on the road every week in november and december, already moved my reservations to marriott.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 1:17 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PeS
Does it mean there's no promo in October?
That's bad, I have stay on Oct 21-27.
I have already completed one and have five more to go in October.

Not only are heavy business travel days excluded, Nov/Dec have three holiday weeks in which business travel is already slow. Many of us have to cram a month's work into three weeks in both November and December.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by Sisosig
But how much is a breakfast at SPG? (Hilton G/D: free for up to two people). I'm trying the Sheraton Brussels, next Friday night: 84 euros. When I select the Double Starpoints or the 2000 Starpoints-rate it suddenly becomes 109 euros. W/o BF.
The SPG promo is on any qualifying rate. If there is a Double Strarpoints or 2000 Starpoints rate (which I have never seen a rate for this before), that would be in addition to the SPG promo.

I just got onto the Sheraton Brussels website and tried to make a booking, I don't see anywhere a rate listed for Double Starpoints or 2000 Starpoints. The 84 Euro rate is a pre-paid rate and the 109 Euro rate is a fully Flexible rate. Either of these rates qualify for the Triple Starpoints promotion.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by whimike
The SPG promo is on any qualifying rate. If there is a Double Strarpoints or 2000 Starpoints rate (I have never seen a rate for this before), that would be in addition to the SPG promo.
I don't see anywhere a rate listed for Double Starpoints or 2000 Starpoints.
A banner redirected me to http://www.earnyourdreams.com/ , which offered these rates.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 2:58 pm

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
Underwhelming indeed and will not generate much extra bookings, IMHO
Old Oct 5, 2012, 6:03 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
San Diego doesnt look good
Old Oct 5, 2012, 6:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
Why even offer this promo, Hilton just does not care. They should have just made it for every night including October. I'm cancelling all stays on principle even if costs me more.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 7:21 pm

Better than nothing, I will be traveling next week to a Hampton. Thanks!
Old Oct 5, 2012, 8:15 pm

Programs: US air -chairman, SPG-Plat, Hyatt - Dmnd, Hilton -Dmnd, Hertz - five star
Clearly this promo is designed in mind that people will be stacking it with one of the miles promos. 1000 points is just a little bonus on top of good mileage accrual.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.