Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport {FRA} (France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport {FRA} (France)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2016, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
There was never any begging. I didn't even ask about it - during my first stay, it was proactively offered. During this stay, I presented myself in the restaurant, the hostess looked up my room number, confirmed my name and led me to a table.

Other than the poor quality lounge munchies, the hotel isn't bad. The rooms are fairly spacious and the staff seem friendly and accommodating.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 12:49 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Originally Posted by LarryU
There was never any begging. I didn't even ask about it - during my first stay, it was proactively offered. During this stay, I presented myself in the restaurant, the hostess looked up my room number, confirmed my name and led me to a table.

Other than the poor quality lounge munchies, the hotel isn't bad. The rooms are fairly spacious and the staff seem friendly and accommodating.
Thank you LarryU

My exact experience too!

Yes, I like this hotel for either early or late flights.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
apologies for posting a similar question in the sheraton cdg thread but i figured i have a better chance of getting an answer by posting both here & there....

my incoming flight from prg gets in at 10:15pm & my next flight for del is at 10:30am the following morning....both flights land & take off from terminal 2....all in all i will probably get less than 10 hours in the room....i've stayed at this property before but that was many years ago so i don't remember how convenient it will be to get here from terminal 2....i understand i will have to take the cdgval to/from the terminal 3 station....i've never stayed at the sheraton before but i understand its located in terminal 2 itself so i won't have to worry about taking a train or shuttle to get there....

i've already booked the sheraton for 12k star points but i have a free night certificate with hilton that is due to expire in a couple of months....so effectively it will be a free stay for me here since i have no other place to use the certificate before it expires....

i will have no luggage since all my checked in bags will be checked in to my final destination....my travel party consists of my wife, my 2 infant sons & myself....for those who have stayed at both properties, which one would you pick in this situation????the sheraton for 12k points that i can walk to or the hilton for a free night with a certificate that is about to expire & will require a train/shuttle ride????
Old Nov 23, 2016, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
If I were by myself I would definitely choose the Hilton and save the points. However with the family situation I think your wife would appreciate the Sheraton. No need to hike over with the infants and expose them to the elements.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by stimpy
If I were by myself I would definitely choose the Hilton and save the points. However with the family situation I think your wife would appreciate the Sheraton. No need to hike over with the infants and expose them to the elements.
fair enough....
Old Nov 23, 2016, 4:11 pm

Really depends on how thrifty you want to be - for a kanjoos like yours truly, I would opt for the Hilton (especially if my Gold/Diamond status gives me free breakfast). Rooms are similar, except I find the Sheraton rooms to be somewhat smaller.

Apart from the CDGval, the Hilton also offers a shuttle bus.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by phoochka
Really depends on how thrifty you want to be - for a kanjoos like yours truly, I would opt for the Hilton (especially if my Gold/Diamond status gives me free breakfast). Rooms are similar, except I find the Sheraton rooms to be somewhat smaller.

Apart from the CDGval, the Hilton also offers a shuttle bus.
i know what you mean....the kanjoos in me wants to save my spg points....

good point about the room size....the hilton rooms do seem larger....but i don't know if we will be able to take advantage of the breakfast since we have to be back at airport early morning....

i have a 3 hour layover at cdg next week, before my trip with the family later next month....i think i'll use that opportunity to walk over to the hilton to see how convenient it will be....
Old Jul 2, 2017, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Curious how is the hotel on early checkin for diamonds? I arrive CDG at 0600 and depart ay 2300. Can book day rate which is technically 0900-1800 or 1 night stay if they Allow early morning checkin. Any experience? If it was a shorter transit I'd just use the Yotel CDG.

PS Will be way to tired to want to go places. Just want bed, internet, and food.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 6:16 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I've arrived at the hotel at 10 a.m. for an overnight stay and had no issues.

If arriving at 0600 you're unlikely to be at the hotel, depending on transit issues, etc. much before 0730 after immigration and shuttles, etc. Are you flying out on an airline that allows you lounge access? If so, I think the standard (or slightly accelerated) arrival + standard check-out would be sufficient.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
I'm arriving 2F. I know there is a shuttle that runs to the hotel. However, reading reviews, it can be a long wait for a very crowded ride.

Is it an option just to take the train from T2 to T3 then walk to the hotel? Would you recommend this?

Any help/info is much appreciated.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
I'm arriving 2F. I know there is a shuttle that runs to the hotel. However, reading reviews, it can be a long wait for a very crowded ride.

Is it an option just to take the train from T2 to T3 then walk to the hotel? Would you recommend this?

Any help/info is much appreciated.
Take the free CDGVAL Shuttle train, disembark at Roissypole and walk 150m to the Hilton.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 1:45 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Which rooms for best view

Hi All

Got stay next week. Any advice on which room numbers for best views of airport

Cheers^
Old Aug 12, 2017, 11:14 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Tired but could be good

Did online check in. No upgrade came through

Booked Deluxe Renovated room. Took 709 facing airport.

Check in not great. Little interest. No upgrade off despite saying welcome as a diamond
I did ask and she went to give me 818. Room facing inwards and connecting room. Don't think so! It's very handy to be able to see the floor plans now on the app

Room was okay. Bedroom renovated but bathrooms not. Windows dirty

Seperate bath and shower. You can hear plumbing from all other rooms though. Otherwise quiet

Exec lounge awful. Worse ever seen. Ground floor. Heaving. People taken bottles of wine to their tables evening was red and white wine and some sprite coke and water that's it. Coffee machine luke warm. Snack were sandwiches. Not even crisps or nuts. Dirty and worn. Avoid.

Dinner in resteraunt was good and breakfast was highlight

Pool and gym good and nice sauna

Handy location but needs improvement

Onto Waldorf Astoria Next. Should be better I hope
Old Aug 12, 2017, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by gav0106
...Dinner in resteraunt was good and breakfast was highlight ...
Interesting how opinions vary; I have always found the CDG Hilton breakfast buffet to be uninspiring, especially when compared to the competition (e.g. the CDG Marriott, which I love)
Old Oct 18, 2017, 2:01 am

One poor review follows the last as the CDG Hilton death spiral continues. Poor, expensive food-the breakfast buffet used to be a highlight but the coffee pot on each table and smoked salmon disappeared years ago. Now you’re lucky if they keep the greasy bacon and eggs-or whatever they are-refilled. And don’t even think about the executive lounge.

Elevators out of service for weeks on end, dirty showers-it’s all right there over on Trip Advisor.

This facility badly needs new management

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.