Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MS02113
Room Types

• Deluxe Suite
    Standard 430 square-foot, two-room suite with one king or two double beds. Some available with sofa bed (as opposed to standard sofa); contact hotel to secure.
  • Hudson River-View Suite
    Same floor plan as Deluxe Suite, but with views across the Irish Hunger Memorial to Hudson River. Room numbers ending in 24 through 28. As with Deluxe Suites, some furnished with sofa beds.
  • Executive Suite
    700+ square-foot, two-room corner suite with one king bed. Compared to Deluxe Suite, includes larger living area, larger bathroom with both shower and soaking tub, and walk-in closet in bedroom. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
  • Luxury Suite
    700+ square-foot, two-room corner suite with one king bed. Compared to Executive Suite, includes larger living area with dining table and guest bathroom, and large master bathroom with double vanity, walk-in shower, and soaking tub. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
  • Conrad Suite
    1,500 square-foot, top-floor corner suite with one king bed. Includes large living area with guest bathroom, separate dining room, office with iMac and HDTV, and large master bathroom with double vanity, walk-in shower, and Jacuzzi tub. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
Hilton Honors Benefits

• Gold and Diamond members receive room upgrade, based on availability.
  • Gold members receive choice of daily complimentary breakfast or 1,000 bonus points per stay.
  • Diamond members receive both daily complimentary breakfast and 1,000 bonus points per stay.
  • For eligible members, complimentary breakfast is served at Atrio restaurant:
    • On weekdays, members receive choice of set Hilton Honors menu or $20/person credit (up to two people) toward àla carte menu. Hilton Honors breakfast menu as follows:
      • Choice of fresh-squeezed orange or grapefruit juice
      • Choice of French press coffee or loose leaf tea
      • Choice of one of the following:
        • Basket of assorted pastries
        • House-made coconut and sunflower seed granola with organic Greek yogurt, nuts, seasonal berries
        • Seasonal fresh fruit and berries
        • Irish oatmeal with cinnamon, vanilla, caramelized banana, seasonal berries
        • Scrambled eggs bruschetta with ciabatta rustica, tomato, basil, chives, Vincotto balsamic vinegar
    • On weekends and holidays, members receive choice of hot breakfast buffet or $20/person credit (up to two people) toward àla carte menu.
Dining and Shopping

Transportation

• Several subway lines within walking distance:
  • Downtown Connection, a free shuttle service with 36 stops throughout downtown Manhattan, stops directly in front of hotel at North End Avenue and Murray Street. Operates seven days a week (except Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day) from 10:00 a.m. through 7:30 p.m.
Conrad Stuffed Animal
"Hudson the Bull"
Print Wikipost

Conrad New York Downtown {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
I've booked two rooms for 2 nights on points to help use them up. Booked Mon + Tue of a Sun-Wed stay, as they have the highest cash price.

Now need to book Sun as a cash booking. Children can be in same two bed set up as reward booking, so will probably stay in same room for whole stay.

Are the River View, Luxury and Exec rooms particularly special enough to pay the extra for our room for the night, given that we'll probably then need to move to standard room for points stay (unless they let us stay in same room as an upgrade). Or should we just go the standard room from the start as well to minimise moving hassles for all?

I have attached a picture of as good as it gets Riverview wise from the Conrad. The Riverview Suite rooms are otherwise carbon copies of the the regular Deluxe suite. Sometimes its only $20-30 per night more for the view, other times its $60 or so more. Make no bones about it that it is not as wide and expansive a riveview as you might think, but I like it when the sun is setting. I tend to only specifically book it when the rates are low or the differential is small. If you are Diamond they will sometimes upgrade you to "partial" Riverview so you will see a small portion of that. By the way, that white think on the left is the Ferry and the greenery beneath is the Irish Hunger Memorial.
Attached Images  
Old Nov 8, 2016, 10:55 am

The Luxury Suites are more spacious (some have a nice big tub) and are typically on the corner and have a view of a local park. Again, it depends how much more they are from the Deluxe.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 11:12 am

While I am posting views, I have to post the view from right smack directly across the Hudson which is taken from terrace patio of the Empire Suite of the Hyatt Regency Jersey City (using one of my DSUs). If you look closely you can see the Conrad just left of center back behind those two big buildings (the Conrad is only 16 stories high), the white is the aforementioned ferry which conveniently goes to the Paulus Hook right next to the Hyatt Regency Jersey City so a few times I have taken Amtrak up to Newark Penn Station taken the PATH to Exchange Place with is less than a hundred yards from the entrance of the Hyatt Jersey City and then the next day taken the Ferry over to the Conrad to be in Manhattan the rest of my stay.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 8, 2017, 5:21 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott nobody
I stayed one night last week. They don't hand out breakfast voucher any more. The breakfast for Gold was served at the Atrio restaurant which has my name. The Menu is the same as mentioned earlier in this thread. It is the right hand column of this linked menu.

http://www.conradnewyork.com/assets/...ast%20Menu.pdf

I had the Scrambled Egg Bruschetta which was good.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 14, 2017, 2:52 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Does this Conrad offer any diamond room upgrades?
Old Jan 14, 2017, 9:01 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by stewaran
Hi,

in one of our stays they upgraded us to a river view suite but it was not good because it did not have the extra bed, so we asked to be moved to our original booked room.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 4:53 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
so far no upgrade, but I often find about 10 am on day of check-in they process them through the web/app etc
Old Feb 17, 2017, 7:20 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I stayed there for 2 nights (Sat/Sun) earlier in the week. Had a Diamond upgrade to an Executive Suite that looked right out to the WTC.

Diamond breakfast on the Sunday was the buffet. On Monday morning it was the regular Honors menu (buffer is weekends only).

Overall I found the hotel was nice but my experience was disappointing. I enjoyed my following 3 nights at the Hilton Times Square better.

When I arrived in the room all the cushions on the couch were sitting on top of each other as it looked like cleaners had tried to clean stains off a few. That was an easy fix (but simply shouldn't hapen in the first place) but over the next few hours found the bulb in the light above the bath was blown, there was lots of dust around the extractor vent in the bathroom, and the back of the TV remote was covered in sticky stuff from somebody else. There was also a large indent in the wall where the door safety lock hits it. All of these are minor things, but IMHO simply not acceptable for a Conrad.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:28 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by stewaran
I've stayed several times, and typically have been upgraded from a standard room to a Hudson River View, i.e., one category. I've yet to be upgraded to an Executive or Luxury suite.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:20 pm

Can anyone get a better rate at the Conrad NYC?

Hi all,

Don't shoot me down quickly, I rarely leave the BAEC forum and this is a new world to me!

I need to stay at the Conrad NYC due to location and the best rate I've been able to find so far is $1,427.64 for 4 nights between 22 Jun 2017 - 26 Jun 2017. If anyone else is able to find a way to beat it or knows a discount code they could PM me, I'd really appreciate it

Thank you
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:28 pm

The AAA Stay N Play rate totals $1,339.33
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
If you have a 'sports affiliation' - loosely defined but it asks for ID - a Hilton MVP rate can be had at the Millenium Hilton for $199/night (10 minutes' walk away). See stay.hilton.com/mvp

You can knock an extra $20 off (before tax) per night if you have AAA membership (this includes the AA in the UK) or if you have a corporate chain-wide discount.

Travelbag can do the four nights for £897 (plus you may be able to get cashback). This wouldn't qualify for a best rate guarantee because of the onerous cancellation conditions - plus you wouldn't be entitled to any status benefits and potentially there's no free wifi, so you'd have to factor in the flexibility (including the chance that the rate will go down), plus the value of the points, breakfast(?) and wifi, and the relatively small chance of a meaningful upgrade. As a diamond I'd go with Hilton on this, but it's a close-run thing.

(Don't forget that Hilton offers a kind of cashback if you book through the avios store - not the BA one - no idea how reliable it is but that's another couple of thousand avios).
Old Apr 4, 2017, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Miesque
The AAA Stay N Play rate totals $1,339.33
Originally Posted by Cymro
If you have a 'sports affiliation' - loosely defined but it asks for ID - a Hilton MVP rate can be had at the Millenium Hilton for $199/night (10 minutes' walk away). See stay.hilton.com/mvp

You can knock an extra $20 off (before tax) per night if you have AAA membership (this includes the AA in the UK) or if you have a corporate chain-wide discount.

Travelbag can do the four nights for £897 (plus you may be able to get cashback). This wouldn't qualify for a best rate guarantee because of the onerous cancellation conditions - plus you wouldn't be entitled to any status benefits and potentially there's no free wifi, so you'd have to factor in the flexibility (including the chance that the rate will go down), plus the value of the points, breakfast(?) and wifi, and the relatively small chance of a meaningful upgrade. As a diamond I'd go with Hilton on this, but it's a close-run thing.

(Don't forget that Hilton offers a kind of cashback if you book through the avios store - not the BA one - no idea how reliable it is but that's another couple of thousand avios).
Thanks for all the help.

I think going for the Millenium is the most cost effective option but it means I'll have to walk 15 minutes each way, but walking has never hurt anyone. That rate is also means I can cancel without a fee.

I'm not going book the Conrad and wait it out and see if the rate drops closer to the time, although I can't find the travelbag deal, which seems reasonable but I'm guessing it doesn't include taxes.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I found Travelbag through trivago.co.uk

The difference is ~£180. However, for that, you get:

Four nights' breakfast;
35k Hilton points - easily $175 worth;
Wifi
Possible room upgrade
Stay credit
Flexibility

When I stayed at the Millenium a couple of years ago the rate came down drastically in the week or so before my stay so keep an eye on it.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 3:33 pm

Best Rate I can get with my corporate rate is $1247 for 4 nights with tax. Shoot for that as my corporate rates are usually the lowest I ever see.

Cheapest Hotel for me in the area that is full service is the Hilton NY Grand Central so you may want to consider that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.