Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Home2 Suites - Hilton's new Extended Stay Brand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Home2 Suites - Hilton's new Extended Stay Brand

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2009, 6:58 pm

Also...

I think they are trying to make the word "kitchenette" as meaningless as the word "suite". Note that the "Full Kitchenette" doesn't appear to include a Stovetop of any sort. Just a microwave, sink and dishwasher.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 9:06 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by JRock80
I think they may eventually phase the Hampton brand out as the name/ hotel does not really fit into the Hilton scheme of things.
Can I ask what you mean by this statement? I'm not doubting you, I just wonder what you mean. I am a Diamond & usually stay ~40% at Hampton, the rest spread among the remainder of the brands. I used to be a Marriott guy until Hilton fit my locations better. It just seems that every brand has a 'value chain' and this is Hilton's version. I quite like Hamptons, just wonder how they don't fit into the Hilton scheme.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 9:11 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by DenverBrian
--The 42" flat panel is positioned for best viewing from the sofa. From the bed, it's going to be at at least a 30 degree angle. (HP places their TV midway between the two areas.)
As someone who watches TV in bed every night, this would be a deal breaker for me. I have a hard time sitting on the couch after a shower, so the TV in front of the couch doesn't do me a lot of good.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
I noticed one of the larger suites was called an ADAAG Suite. Anybody know what that stands for?
Old Jan 27, 2009, 3:37 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by CNWO4LIFE
I noticed one of the larger suites was called an ADAAG Suite. Anybody know what that stands for?
Americans with Disabilities Act Accessibility Guidelines...
Old Jan 27, 2009, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Am I just being cynical, or is this only a reason to justify the average room rate at many middle-of-nowhere Hampton Inn properties topping $100+tax/night even when they are more than half empty? By bringing this in at say $89, then the Hampton can be theoretically justified at $119. After all, Hampton used to be the value chain but the prices started going up after their rebranding efforts.

I'm also wondering is if this will coincide with some sort of adjustment and reduction to the Doubletree brand. Right now, Doubletree is a bit of a catch all, from some reasonably nice properties (such as some of the old Guest Quarters suites properties) to some properties more suitable to be flagged as a Holiday Inn Select or a Radisson. Also, some of the new chain's ideas smell a bit like the old Doubletree Club concept that failed miserably.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by bulldoggolfer05
Americans with Disabilities Act Accessibility Guidelines...
Thanks. Most times the room just say accessible room or suite.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by JRock80
Actually it is pretty smart. It kills two birds with one stone:

It puts out something new to combat the aloft and element brands from *W and it introduces a lower price point. Most Americans are scaling back and looking for cheap alternatives to the prices they normally pay.
It takes at least 10 years before they have any significant number of these properties.

I am also in doubt whether Hilton really needs yet another brand.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 10:47 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
I'd stay here.

I dig hip, new mid-low pricepoint Hilton properties. Hamptons are nice, fine, but a bit bland (except for the kitchy black and white signage all over with the fun slogans and whatnot). ES is where my normal stay is, but I like something new every now and then.

Sorta can't help thinking "This would have been my dream dorm in college" though...

TDM
Old Jan 29, 2009, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
--Looks like all the "studios" will go with shower only - no bathtubs. I've been looking to see when a brand would take the plunge and do this.
Hilton's already done this with the newest of the Hampton Inn and Suites locations. Most of those rooms are shower only, especially in properties opened in the last 18 months.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Definitely looks like a copycat of several competitor's new concepts, meshed together. Having stayed in several alofts, there's a lot of aloft in the conceptual drawings, especially in the public areas. And there's a lot of element in the rooms. I haven't stayed in a Hyatt Place, but from what I've read, and the pictures I've seen, it looks like there's some of that here too.

Now, to me, I don't think Hilton needs another brand. I guess they think they need a lower end extended stay brand, sort of how Marriott has both Towneplace and Residence Inn, and Intercontinental has both Candlewood and Staybridge. But still, how much of a market really exists for this? And how many guests in an "extended stay" concept are really staying there more than 3-4 nights? I also wonder how much each of these will cannibalize existing Homewood and Hampton locations, especially given the price point they're proposing for these hotels, which is below the average Homewood or Hampton rate in many markets these days.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Def worth a try when it comes out. Any idea if they are building or buying and upgrading/renovating existing properties?
Old Jan 30, 2009, 9:19 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by ssullivan
Hilton's already done this with the newest of the Hampton Inn and Suites locations. Most of those rooms are shower only, especially in properties opened in the last 18 months.
Hyatt Place and Aloft also are shower only in many cases.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 3:40 pm

Thumbs up Looks good to me...

I'm pretty excited to see it launch. I travel for business and I'm fairly young so this looks more like my speed. I also really like the thought of cooking a meal on the nights I don't feel like going out. Call me a health-nut but sometimes junk food too many days in a row can get overwhelming. Plus, I think the name speaks for itself - especially considering I won't be buying a second home anytime soon!^^
Old Jan 30, 2009, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA MM /Gold ; AS MVP Gold; SWA A LIst and CP; HH Gold; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Plat Elite
Originally Posted by Phoenix123
I'm pretty excited to see it launch. I travel for business and I'm fairly young so this looks more like my speed. I also really like the thought of cooking a meal on the nights I don't feel like going out. Call me a health-nut but sometimes junk food too many days in a row can get overwhelming. Plus, I think the name speaks for itself - especially considering I won't be buying a second home anytime soon!^^
I have all the wholefoods and Trader Joes stores as a special POS list loaded in my GPS simply because I am tired of eating out all the time whilst on the road. Whilst it's not "cooking from scratch", it's a healthy alternative. Go to the WholeFoods/TJ website, see if there are any local stores in the area you're visiting and also make a note of their closing hrs so you don't wander in too late.

Last edited by lainys; Jan 30, 2009 at 4:18 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.