Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Home2 Suites - Hilton's new Extended Stay Brand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Home2 Suites - Hilton's new Extended Stay Brand

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2009, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by dtremit
Hyatt Place and Aloft also are shower only in many cases.
You are correct on that. I didn't think to mention aloft but I've stayed in a few of their locations and appreciate the wonderful showers they have.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by DenverBrian

--Looks like all the "studios" will go with shower only - no bathtubs. I've been looking to see when a brand would take the plunge and do this.
I seem to recall that Sleep Inn (Choice Hotels) does this.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 11:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
As someone who watches TV in bed every night, this would be a deal breaker for me. I have a hard time sitting on the couch after a shower, so the TV in front of the couch doesn't do me a lot of good.
Ditto.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 11:33 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I came across the Home2 concept site after receiving the Denizen email blast. I'm liking what I see if it consistently hits a per-night price similar to Hampton or at least notable ($20-$30/night) than a nearby Homewood.

That said, I think the Hyatt Place/Amerisuites model of taking over brand with established properties and remodeling to the new brand would have had far more properties available in a timelier fashion. Picking up a brand like "America's Best", or even better, not selling "Extended Stay America" back in '07 would have made much more sense... running them separately from HHonors, and folding them in to HHonors as they are renovated into Home2 Suties properties would have potentially yielded hundreds of properties in the same time line it will take to open a dozen brand-new Home2 properties.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 10:02 pm

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club
Does anyone have any updates on the status of this new brand? This is exactly what Hilton needs right now. On the Home2 Wikipedia page it says that approximately 15 properties are under development. Does anyone have a probable list of locations? I'm eager to transfer all my business to this chain.

As some others have stated, I'd like to echo: i'm young, savvy and craving something more contemporary than 99% of Hilton's offerings. I'm writing this post from Marriott's new Springhill Suites concept hotel near ICT -- Funky, hip and just a good contemporary vibe [not to mention CHEAP!]. Take notes, HH!
Old Aug 6, 2009, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by Minneapolis
Does anyone have any updates on the status of this new brand?
From HotelChatter:

http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/20..._Suites_Front_

I think the recession is slowing down all of these development plans.

Regarding SHS, I stayed at a "new concept" property in Birmingham, AL. A very nice contemporary lobby, but all the hard surfaces make the public spaces loud and boomy.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by ssullivan
Hilton's already done this with the newest of the Hampton Inn and Suites locations. Most of those rooms are shower only, especially in properties opened in the last 18 months.
Thanks for mentioning this. I need to be careful when booking Hampton Inns. My other half MUST have a bathtub -- no matter what. If I booked a Hampton without a tub, I would be running around town looking for somewhere to stay at the last minute!
Old Apr 3, 2010, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

April 2010 update

A little more than a year after its launch, the midprice extended stay Home2 Suites by Hilton has 60 approved franchise agreements in place along with plans for international expansion. The brand, first announced in February 2009 in December broke ground on its first property, in Fayetteville, N.C. Hilton Worldwide said that the 60 approved franchise agreements are nearing the construction phase, and more than 30 additional agreements are in preliminary stages. Hilton plans to have 100 Home2 Suites properties open by 2013. The prototypes consist of 108 rooms ranging in size from 323 square feet to 509 square feet, and the entire property fits on less than two acres.

MisterNice
Old Apr 4, 2011, 2:32 pm

Programs: HH Diamond (The Hard Way) Braniff Platinum, Eastern Airlines Gold, Piedmont Airlines Rubix Level
I just booked a room at Home 2 Suites in Fayetteville, NC. Wonder if anyone has stayed here or at one of these before. It seems like a Homewood Suites for the younger college crowd.

I'll let everyone know how it is.

Last edited by Canarsie; Apr 6, 2011 at 11:20 am Reason: Consolidation.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:28 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Good; we've been waiting....

Originally Posted by Companycar
...I will try this property when it opens....
Old Apr 10, 2011, 4:08 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Diamond, AA LT Gold, SouthWest Comp Pass
I've spent about 14 days in the new Home2 in Layton Utah and find it actually very nice. The closest match to it is the Element line by Starwood/Westin. It is an entirely different approach than the plush corporate design of a Westin or Hilton, but I find it infinitely more useable and more comfortable.
One of my associates said it felt like they had stepped into an Ikea Catalog. :-) Personally I like it.

Pros:
1) Rooms are plenty big. I have stayed in their standard King/Queen rooms and they are plenty big. I am also a HH Diamond, so I have gotten upgraded to the 1 bedroom suite which feels like an apartment.
2) Kitchen with fridge, microwave, sink and real dishes. This is REALLY nice to me in a stay for anything over 1 night.
3) Plenty of counter space to put your things
4) A LARGE move-able oval table with great power plugs and hookups very close
5) A very nice big screen LCD TV with easy hookups via HDMI
6) Free internet with both wired Ethernet plugs and wireless. Speeds were excellent
7) Couch in every room. This is very nice to me for any stay over a day or 2.
8) Bed quality was very good. Linens average.
9) Shower only with glass shower doors, which is very nice. I never use a tub and hate a tub/shower combo with a slimy shower curtain.
10) Window blinds that seal into a side track that creates a VERY dark closure. I hate light leaks from il-fitted drapes.
11) iHome alarm clock / charging station. Very nice for iphone/ipad/itouch devices. (doesn't EVERYONE have at least one of these devices?)
12) Complimentary breakfast (also see cons)
13) Office chair was nice and comfy.

Cons:
1) Complimentary breakfast. It isn't really a cooked breakfast, so the choices are pretty slim. After a day or 2 you need to find something better with some variety in choices.
2) The hallways are very narrow, long, dark and lack any design or treatment. they are really poorly lit. This is odd since the rest of the facility seems like it has been well designed and engineered. it is like they forgot about the hallways. An extra foot or two would make all the difference in the world.
3) Hot water. I have had to run the hot water tap for 5-10 minutes to get hot water to my room on may occasions. It seems like they have skimped on their design/engineering and not put in a hot water recirculation loop. This and I also think their mechanical room is at the far end of the hotel and not centrally located. This may be due to their "green" approach, but wasting gallons and gallons of water is also not very green. This may not be a problem when they are fully occupied since the demand will ensure hot water will be in the pipes.

All in all I find it to be very comfortable and would not hesitate to stay there again. If you spend very many nights on the road you quickly realize that it is the small amenities that make your stay comfortable, accessible power plugs, fridge, space to put your stuff etc. I think that Home2 has done a great job in achieving this.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by luv2buynfly
2) Kitchen with fridge, microwave, sink and real dishes. This is REALLY nice to me in a stay for anything over 1 night.
Does the kitchen include a stove and burners? Some longer-stay rooms only have kitchenets at other properties, with microwave and fridge but no full oven. How bout here?
Old Apr 10, 2011, 4:44 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Diamond, AA LT Gold, SouthWest Comp Pass
Originally Posted by NewArrival
Does the kitchen include a stove and burners? Some longer-stay rooms only have kitchenets at other properties, with microwave and fridge but no full oven. How bout here?
No stove/oven/burners. I do think that the microwave is one of those new hybrid microwave/toaster oven thingies, but not 100% sure. I will look next time I am there.
There is a full sized dishwasher though.
Old May 5, 2011, 1:47 pm

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
Thumbs down

"Hip and Humble" ?

Count me out.

What's the advantage of this dump over a Homewood Suites or Residence Inn?
Old May 5, 2011, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Have you tried Starwood's Element? It makes a Residence Inn feel like a flashback to 1985. There are several ways to spin extended stay properties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.