Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by mcgahat
There are a lot of factors that would make me choose the Conrad but with just the details provided.......Grand Hyatt all day long. I am Diamond and Globalist and have stayed at both. There is nothing wrong with the Conrad but about ever aspect of the property is better at the GH.
Care to share what is better at the GH? I've checked some YT videos and it seems GH is more dated than Conrad and lounge food at Conrad seems more substantial than GH.
Old Yesterday, 9:15 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by asiantraveler
Care to share what is better at the GH? I've checked some YT videos and it seems GH is more dated than Conrad and lounge food at Conrad seems more substantial than GH.
I don’t have any qualms with the design of the Conrad, but the GH design is more unique and quintessential Tony Chi, which you might like or might not. As discussed, GH will offer late checkout. I didn’t think the Conrad lounge was anything to write home about - it seems to have decreased in excitement over the years.
Old Today, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by mcgahat
That is pretty much true for properties outside the USA with regards to Hilton an late checkout. Inside the USA, the answer is pretty much NO since it is not a benefit of status.
Guess I wont be staying at Conrad BKK !
These reviews arent good!

Marriott late checkout is really nice and offered without prompting at checkin even at low status level.

In contrast, as Hilton Diamond, when asking for late checkout, i usually only get 1 hour extension...
Everytime I ask for a late checkout, feel like the staff are getting tortured to provide a time extension...
This is in Asia too
Old Today, 7:41 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by asiantraveler
I like the location much better at the GH. Conrad is in a good location but I consider the GH to be in the absolute best location. That is totally subjective of course, but I think most will agree. I think F&B is much better and more options at GH particularly with the revamping of the connected shopping arcade and more options there. If you venture out just a tad bit more this is limitless options and pretty easy to get to with the elevated walkway connected to the shopping arcade that is connected to the hotel. I find the service better at the GH overall. I have had stays with "ok" service at the Conrad but I would say that out of all of my stays in BKK, the service at the Conrad ranks in the lower half. Not bad, but definitely not trying very hard. The lounge can be a zoo at the Conrad. I detest busy lounges so avoid them in the evenings. The Conrad lounge is nicer and bigger but the size can make it difficult for staff to serve everyone in a timely manner. GH can be busy in the evening also. Overall, I think service is better at the GH lounge. Both properties will let you go to breakfast in the main restaurant for Diamond and Globalist. The pool area at the Conrad is much better I think. The screeching of the skytrain at the GH doesn't help the vibe. Overall, I think the pool is just a better space at the Conrad. While I have been able to check-in as early as 6AM at the Conrad and gotten some late check outs, it is better having it guaranteed as a Globalist. The rooms at the Conrad are newer. The design at the GH is not for everyone. I do like that I have had decent suite upgrade experience at the GH but never gotten anything better than a corner room at the Conrad. Well, I did stay at the Presidential Suite once, anyone remember that pricing mistake deal?

I had a rough first stay at the GH but the property has performed very well in all my subsequent stays and enjoy staying there for all the reasons above. I cant fault anyone for choosing the Conrad, I could stay there and be perfectly happy...and have. But, as a Globalist and Diamond, I will choose GH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.