Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Effective Dec. 31 2016, Hilton eliminated AXON awards with no notice.
Print Wikipost

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2013, 8:12 am
Suspended

OK, as I had feared, I contacted the Diamond Desk today and asked what the replacement to the AXON cet was going to be and was informed that it was going to be the 5th night free on reward stays.

Now, this was only one individual and he may have gotten it wrong, but he was quite prompt with his response when I asked what was the replacement to the lost AXON cert. This result is what I was worried about, as it is only open to elite members -- something that is conferred to AMEX cardholders when they obtain the credit card as the lower level one does confer Silver status and it is an elite status when compared to the lowly Blue level afforded to all who sign up for the program.

We will have to see if others receive this sort of response and if it reaches a critical mass, but the future does not look bright.

I suggest you test the waters and see what response you receive from Diamond Desk personnel who ought to be better plugged into the fate of the AXON certs.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
AXON Hilton HHonors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

So I booked axon for 2014, but I'm flushing my HH points and want to cancel my amx cc. Will this mess up my reservation next year? Even if I have the certificate?
Old Feb 25, 2013, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Well, let's do some math.

One night at top category = 95,000 points = $15,833 spend at 6 points per dollar.

You'd get $316 cash back on that spend at 2%.

I could see some deals that might be worth it... but cash doesn't have restrictions on when it can be used...

Guess I can get a room at pretty much most of the top category Hilton properties at $316/night anyways, plus I earn points. With AXON award going away, this card is now pretty much worthless. I only got the card for 3 months, made 2 AXON reservations, what a waste of credit pull.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by presario1626
Guess I can get a room at pretty much most of the top category Hilton properties at $316/night anyways, plus I earn points.
Um, you might wanna rethink that logic. Check out prices in Maldives, Bora Bora, the Seychelles, etc and let me know when you're able to grab a room for $316/night.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 9:22 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by presario1626
Guess I can get a room at pretty much most of the top category Hilton properties at $316/night anyways, plus I earn points. With AXON award going away, this card is now pretty much worthless. I only got the card for 3 months, made 2 AXON reservations, what a waste of credit pull.
Even if it was 316 a night 2 AXON would be worth $2500 at that price... I'd take that for a credit pull, especially as we pull as part of an app o rama...

Credit pull will dent your score a tiny amount for 3-6 months..

I think you're approach is a little funky.

Though I agree - the card is now dead, unless they turn around with something spectacular.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 2:16 pm

does this sound correct when using the "2 free night certs" from the Hilton Reserve Card along with an AXON4 stay?

Was told by an AXON rep that using the certs would be a "separate" reservation on top of my current axon stay. for example I'm wanting to stay 8 nights total at the Hilton Waikiki. I would have a 4 night AXON stay, a 2 night (higher point) stay and then a 2 night cert stay. They would not give the full 6 nights at the regular AXON point value.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by deedle
does this sound correct when using the "2 free night certs" from the Hilton Reserve Card along with an AXON4 stay?

Was told by an AXON rep that using the certs would be a "separate" reservation on top of my current axon stay. for example I'm wanting to stay 8 nights total at the Hilton Waikiki. I would have a 4 night AXON stay, a 2 night (higher point) stay and then a 2 night cert stay. They would not give the full 6 nights at the regular AXON point value.
Why did you post in both threads?

If you want 6 nights, look into a GLON award, instead of AXON.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 2:37 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by deedle

AXON can only be used for 4 night awards. They CANNOT be split. So you can only use them for 4 or 8 nights. not 6.
As Michael_V suggested, get a GLON 6-night award instead.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 3:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ritz
Um, you might wanna rethink that logic. Check out prices in Maldives, Bora Bora, the Seychelles, etc and let me know when you're able to grab a room for $316/night.
Or even something more routine like the DT Suites in Times Square for Thanksgiving weekend... We sometimes have decent corp rates for HH but they're no help there on that weekend: it's $800/nt. each for the two rooms we just booked as AXON's.

Not that I would actually have dropped $6,500 at the Doubletree, but *any* reputable/clean brand in Manhattan gets $350-400/nt. all in for those four nights. Including HIX, Fairfield, etc.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 6:41 am

Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
I'm currently trying to burn up my dear wifeys Hilton Honors.

She has VA and HH and is just under the threshold for a 6 night GLON so I am sending her over 6K MR from my Amex to her VA account ( you get 2 HH for 1 VA which is better than the 1.5 HH straight MR transfer)

If you want to do this there are a few considerations, the main one being that your SO has to be on your card, so you might want to call them up and add them to that now if you are in the same position as me.

More on it on my post of the day.

Cheers,

Matt
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by dw1234
Does anybody know if there is a special AXON rate for 5 nights? Right now I have reserved an AXON at the HHV and then a one night C601 right after that. So I'm spending 165K points for the 5 nights.

Also, since I don't really want to check out after 4 nights and then check back in, should I tell them about my C601 reservation right away when I check in for the AXON? Or should I hold off until the night before the AXON stay ends?

Thanks.
All AXON awards are exactly 4 nights. I have had no problem linking them to reservations for additional nights made with points, cash, or instruments. I don't know what a C601 is, but I can't see where it would be any different.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:28 am

Programs: UA, SW, AA
Just tried to book 4 nights during new years even at DT NY and was told this property will no longer accept axxon certs
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kryton2005
Just tried to book 4 nights during new years even at DT NY and was told this property will no longer accept axxon certs
Strange. I booked two AXON's there two days ago. Checking the DT Times Square, it seems like they actually have standard rooms available for Dec 28-Jan 1 and show the regular award in search results, so you *should* be able to use AXON.

Can individual properties - standard Doubletrees no less - opt out of the AXON program? Did this hotel opt out in the past day or so? I'd at least try the FT equivalent of a reboot: call again, and see if another agent will book it for you.

I guess worst case you're booking the 170k award (or whatever it is). Still a great place to play HH points if you want to do NYE in Times Square. ^
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA, SW, AA
Originally Posted by pinniped
Strange. I booked two AXON's there two days ago. Checking the DT Times Square, it seems like they actually have standard rooms available for Dec 28-Jan 1 and show the regular award in search results, so you *should* be able to use AXON.

Can individual properties - standard Doubletrees no less - opt out of the AXON program? Did this hotel opt out in the past day or so? I'd at least try the FT equivalent of a reboot: call again, and see if another agent will book it for you.

I guess worst case you're booking the 170k award (or whatever it is). Still a great place to play HH points if you want to do NYE in Times Square. ^
You are correct. I forgot to add an update here. Soon after my first call with the Axxon CSR, I called again and the second CSR was able to book it for me for a standard queen room for those nights.

Its strange how different CSR's give different info.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by kryton2005

Its strange how different CSR's give different info.
Not with Hilton's customer disservice representatives.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.