Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2001, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, AA Gold MM, Hilton LTD, Marriott LTP, Hertz PC
Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}

I'll be in Singapore in May. I've stayed at the Conrad there, but not at the Hilton. The Hilton is less expensive, but how does it compare to the Conrad?
Old Feb 17, 2001, 8:26 pm

Conrad is much better than Hilton.
It stands next to big shopping complex.

But if you want more crowd Hilton is better.
It is along main street (Orchard Ave) ,shopping, eating,night clubs ,etc.
Old Feb 17, 2001, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, AA Gold MM, Hilton LTD, Marriott LTP, Hertz PC
Thanks - Koala-2000
Old Feb 18, 2001, 3:32 am

Programs: HL Gold, SPG Platinum, HY Platinum, EY Gold Elite, EK Gold, LH Gold, AF Platinum
I would recommend Hilton, because it's location is so much better for holiday travellers.

As Diamond I normally get either a junior suite or an executive floor room. The room manager by the way is very friendly and appreciated feedback.
Old Apr 2, 2001, 2:27 am

Programs: CX GR; AA Life GLD, EXP; SPG Life GLD, PLT
Singapore Properties

There is Conrad and Hilton in singapore, I would like to ask how is the transportation between them? If my friend allow me, I am thinking to do 1 night Conrad, 1 night Hilton and 1 night Conrad, or vice versa, or 1 night in Stamford (never in a hotel at some 50/F). (Of course I will give him the duck if he want )

I read <b>Estnet</b> manged to get a gold upgrade to exec floor at Conrad, are there any recent case for gold being upgrade at Hilton? Anyone stayed both hotel and can comment about them?

I saw starwood properties had pre-paid rate in some websites that offer good price including breakfast. Anybody know agents do the same for Hilton?

Thanks!
Old Apr 2, 2001, 6:42 am

Transportation between them is a cheap (maybe 5 USD) cab ride. Hilton Int is an ok property (nothing outstanding about it, but reliable), great location, very fair price (under USD $120 usually). I stayed there last month, and the HHonors upgrade consisted of being put on the "Executive Floor," which has no benefits other than some breakfast certs (but food is so cheap in Sing), free bottled water in your room, and a CD player in the nightstand.

The Hilton should be between SGD 180 and 225 a night. I've gotten those rates using http://www.hotelwiz.com The Conrad tends to be a bit more.
Old May 16, 2001, 9:11 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Singapore - The Hilton or Conrad????

Stayed at the Conrad and loved it. Dim Sum for breakfast in the exec lounge, how could one go wrong????

Going back and taking poll on the two properties, Which do you prefer?
Old May 16, 2001, 9:38 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Conrad!
Old May 17, 2001, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Conrad is very nice and there is a big shopping mall next to it. If you want the night life of Orchard Rd within walking distance then stay at the Hilton. Or take a short cab ride from the Conrad.
Old Mar 11, 2002, 4:51 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Singapore - Conrad vs Hilton

What are the features of each hotel, relative to each other? I am particularly interested in the hotel being in a quiet area, but perhaps not too far from the shopping district (perhaps even walking distance)?

I am a HHONORS Gold VIP member - would I get the same privileges in either hotel?

Finally, I tried to book this morning - the agent was having trouble - there are the 3 of us - myself, my wife, and our 6 yr old daughter. The computer says that any room only allows 2 people, and no cots (of course, I do know that Asian hotel rooms are often smaller than North American hotel rooms, and therefore, there is a greater restriction of numbers of people allowed in a given room).
Old Mar 11, 2002, 7:16 am

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
The conrad is a superior hotel by far - and their level of CS for gold/diamond memebers is amazing
Old Mar 11, 2002, 7:39 am

The Hilton is literally on Orchard Road, the de facto center of shopping.

Although the Conrad is the superior property, I have found the Hilton to be very nice as well. I don't think you would be disapointed by any means. And you can easily walk to the nearby shopping.
Old Mar 11, 2002, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I think you and your family would enjoy being at the Hilton on Orchard Road, rather than isolated at the Conrad. The latter is very nice, but located out of the way -- imagine the Terrace de la Chaudiere complex and the hotel there vis a vis downtown Ottawa, and you'll get an idea -- and a long walk to the MRT/metro. As to room size, both have relatively large ones that are equivilent to most NAmerican city centre properties. Conrad probably has the edge here. So just book a room with 2 Queen beds and don't even mention your child. Let them fix that up when you arrive if you think the bed is too small to accommodate you and your wife in one, your daughter in the other. You are only causing more problems than are necessary trying to deal with this matter through the res agent.
Old Mar 11, 2002, 6:16 pm

my vote is for the conrad. A very nice hotel. There are 2 malls next to the hotel with a daytime free shuttle to the mrt. Ever thing is short cab ride and the fares are good.
Old Mar 11, 2002, 9:56 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
I tried both hotels. The only room available at the Hilton for the Easter weekend, was the Presidential suite (I believe at approx $1200 (US) a night).

I therefore booked at the Conrad. One room was about $120 (US) per night. This rate included our child. With my HHONORS Gold status, maybe I will get an upgrade.

As I am arriving at the airport at 7 AM, I elected to book (for the moment) the previous night as well. If I were to cancel the booking of the previous night, I guess I would risk not being able to check in on the day of arrival for several hours, after checking in at the hotel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.