Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

hilton shop-to-earn mall points posting.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2014, 5:06 am
Original Poster

So, it really takes Hilton 90 days to post the points earned from its shopping mall?

I have a transaction still pending from 9/9/2014. And it's been more than 2 months.

Although it's not 90 days yet, does it really this that long for Hilton to post my points to my account? I have 50000 points that are set to expire on 12/15/2014.

I think it's ridiculous that it takes Hilton close 90 days to get the points posted. Other shopping portals from other loyalty program (like Delta, United, etc.) posted the miles within a few days after the transactions are completed.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 8:05 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
So, it really takes Hilton 90 days to post the points earned from its shopping mall?

I have a transaction still pending from 9/9/2014. And it's been more than 2 months.

Although it's not 90 days yet, does it really this that long for Hilton to post my points to my account? I have 50000 points that are set to expire on 12/15/2014.

I think it's ridiculous that it takes Hilton close 90 days to get the points posted. Other shopping portals from other loyalty program (like Delta, United, etc.) posted the miles within a few days after the transactions are completed.
Hi uclacolumbiaunc,

I would be happy to reach out to my team about this! Could you send me a PM with your HHonors number and full name so I can better assist?

Thanks,
Erin
Old Nov 12, 2014, 2:01 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold

Agreed! It's ridiculous that it takes 90 days. One of mine took 100 days. I just won't use HHonors shopping anymore.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi uclacolumbiaunc,

I would be happy to reach out to my team about this! Could you send me a PM with your HHonors number and full name so I can better assist?

Thanks,
Erin
just did.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eajusa
Agreed! It's ridiculous that it takes 90 days. One of mine took 100 days. I just won't use HHonors shopping anymore.
I am surprised Hilton hasn't received a lot of complaints about this.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 7:43 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
While some folks report no problems, the majority of folks over the years (including me) have found that points never post and there is little responsiveness from HHonors about the problem:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...shop-earn.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...pire-date.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...highlight=mall

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...what-mess.html
Old Nov 14, 2014, 4:38 am
Original Poster

I made a call to Hilton hhonor member service, and they raised a ticket to investigate this and gave me 50 hhonor points as courtesy.

The 50 points showed up in my account as "SERVICE CENTER ADJUSTMENT"... would this transaction extends my hhonor point expiration for another 12 months until November 2015?
Old Nov 14, 2014, 10:53 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
I made a call to Hilton hhonor member service, and they raised a ticket to investigate this and gave me 50 hhonor points as courtesy.

The 50 points showed up in my account as "SERVICE CENTER ADJUSTMENT"... would this transaction extends my hhonor point expiration for another 12 months until November 2015?
While I am not at risk of my points expiring, I too would like to hear an official answer to this. With such a paltry "offering" of points (50 points is pretty useless), I would think that it was done just to extend your expiration date.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 3:28 pm

Programs: DL: 2MM/DM Marriott: LT Platinum
I have the exact problem. The purchases have not posted in a month. I don't think they will. I need to do something else to make sure my points don't expire.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:57 am

Bought 3 things over the past 2 years. Got no points ever.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by davie355
Sorry to hear that. I found you must persist sending emails to get them to move pending points to approved. That's why I use other portals for shopping. They all work without having to hassle them to award you with points or miles earned. I suggest everyone use other ways to top off your HHonor points.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 10:34 am

Programs: DL: 2MM/DM Marriott: LT Platinum
Originally Posted by shukar
I have the exact problem. The purchases have not posted in a month. I don't think they will. I need to do something else to make sure my points don't expire.
I just noticed that my purchased points posted yesterday (after six weeks since the purchase). Meanwhile, I had already bought 1000 points on hhonors site and they have posted too. Oh well.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 5:16 am

Used the shop to earn mall for the first time last week. However, the purchases never ended up in the transactions list. No new windows were involved, ....... was turned off, the second time I even checked the cookie list and the Hilton shopping cookies were there. The merchants are also listed in the "visited merchants" list, but the transactions were never recorded. Anyone with similar problems?
Old Feb 17, 2015, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by rower2000
Used the shop to earn mall for the first time last week. However, the purchases never ended up in the transactions list. No new windows were involved, ....... was turned off, the second time I even checked the cookie list and the Hilton shopping cookies were there. The merchants are also listed in the "visited merchants" list, but the transactions were never recorded. Anyone with similar problems?
Send Cartera your info right away. They will confirm you went through the portal. Then realize it may take another 90 days for pending points to be added to your HH account. As I have stated before PITA.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 7:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
Originally Posted by davie355
I won't shop at Hilton shop-to-earn. Two Christmases again, I bought a computer for $825. After waiting weeks, I received no points. I wrote an email and they gave me 8 points. I'm not joking 8 points.

It is nice to see someone from Hilton reaching out...a few posts up from this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.