Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

My Hilton Honors Shop-to-Earn Mall points posted! Does this reset my expire date?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My Hilton Honors Shop-to-Earn Mall points posted! Does this reset my expire date?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2013, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold

Also, I know the points posted because my point total changed, but I cant see any way to verify the activity online.

Am I missing something?

Do these points reset my expire date? From the website, it appears they should, but there seems to be a lot of different opinions on here
Old Oct 1, 2013, 2:25 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by caseminole
Also, I know the points posted because my point total changed, but I cant see any way to verify the activity online.

Am I missing something?

Do these points reset my expire date? From the website, it appears they should, but there seems to be a lot of different opinions on here
Yes, any points generating activity (or eligible stay, i.e. NO third party stays)extends the expiration date a year.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by travelinfoo
Yes, any points generating activity (or eligible stay, i.e. NO third party stays)extends the expiration date a year.
thx much!

Do you know is there any way to see these points earnings on the HH website?
Old Oct 1, 2013, 3:10 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/terms/index.html#general
Old Oct 2, 2013, 6:53 am

Do you know is there any way to see these points earnings on the HH website?
Are you referring to seeing Hilton shop to earn points in your account online? If so, they will appear on your account activity in due course. You can check your pending points on the shop to earn page.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kilo
Are you referring to seeing Hilton shop to earn points in your account online? If so, they will appear on your account activity in due course. You can check your pending points on the shop to earn page.
thx Kilo. It seemed weird to me that the points balanced increased, but I didnt see the activity anywhere! I'll just keep checking then
Old Oct 2, 2013, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thx Kilo. It seemed weird to me that the points balanced increased, but I didnt see the activity anywhere! I'll just keep checking then
There are a couple days lag - even the points earned by credit cards and sometimes from stays would reflect in the balances first before they show up in the activity screen.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 10:37 pm
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
I bought something from drugstore.com late Sept through the portal, and it has been pending for like 2 weeks now. When can I expect it to get posted? Thanks!
Old Oct 27, 2013, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by swy
I bought something from drugstore.com late Sept through the portal, and it has been pending for like 2 weeks now. When can I expect it to get posted? Thanks!
Quite variable - 2 weeks is very unlikely though. My last 2 transactions posted 4 and 8 weeks later.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 4:49 pm
Used to be highman123

I just went through my share of troubles with the Hilton Honors Mall but all my points posted as well. Got to like the management and their handling of the situation!

Last edited by squeakr; Nov 25, 2013 at 9:42 pm Reason: blogspam
Old Oct 25, 2014, 9:41 am

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
HHonors Shopping the WORST Portal

Originally Posted by MightyTravels
I just went through my share of troubles with the Hilton Honors Mall but all my points posted as well. Got to like the management and their handling of the situation!
R U kidding? I have used the shopping portals of 5 airlines and 2 hotel programs. Of the 7, Hilton's is the only one that you have to constantly badger to get your pending points posted as confirmed. It does not matter what vendor you buy from, they always want to blame them when it is the company
running the portal that has not done their job. Each time the vendor and I have to convince the portal to get off their lazy duffs and post the points I earned to my HHonors account. I still have 1 transactions totally 90 points waiting for confirmation. Naturally, I finally got the message STOP USING THE HHONORS PORTAL. Believe me AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Marriott Rewards, Rapid Rewards Shopping, and Mileage Plus are much. much quicker and better. They post the miles without you having to beg for them!

Last edited by eajusa; Oct 28, 2014 at 1:47 pm
Old Nov 12, 2014, 9:01 pm

Last year, my points from hilton shopping mall were posted after 2 months of purchase.

This year, after more than 2 months after making the purchase, the points are still in pending status!

What is taking Hilton so long to get the points posted?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.