Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Official Honors FlyerTalk Ambassador

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Honors FlyerTalk Ambassador

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2014, 10:50 am
cjd

Originally Posted by 48pager
Gone are the days when elites staying at Bally's had access to Club 22 (nice breakfast and late-afternoon spread) and up until a 18 months ago, the full buffet breakfast (with comp line access) at the Las Vegas Hilton. With much respect to Hilton, Hyatt's partnership with Mlife properties is a better option.
Paris Las Vegas was one of the best partnerships with Hilton. Had some amazing upgrades there and use of their lounge. Great! They really looked after Diamonds well in that hotel during the partnership.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I may be the only one who has ever wanted to know this, but I would think some of the angst that occurs from lack of suite upgrades could be mitigated if you had a general idea how many other Diamonds were going to be at a hotel. Obviously if you know in advance that the hotel is going to be chock full of Diamonds you know even if there appears to be suite availability that the odds are not in your favor.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
Based on what I was told by someone in my office that stayed there last weekend and other reports on the Trop thread, the Trop can't even handle giving out the free cooke
Trop stopped handing out DT cookies a LONG TIME ago, replaced them with coupons that are redeemed in the snack bar.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 8:01 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by diver858
Trop stopped handing out DT cookies a LONG TIME ago, replaced them with coupons that are redeemed in the snack bar.
I think they have always done the coupons since they have been a DT.

But a couple problems with it. When I stayed there the first time I really wanted a cookie after checkin and the snack bar in the food court said they were out of them and weren't making any more that night and come back in the morning and someone from my office was there last weekend and said they went down a couple tim3es and they were out. It's aggravating seeing how long of a walk it is from some of the rooms.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Ok, now that constitutes a declaration of war!
Seriously, the ONE thing we have been conditioned to expect when us road warriors roll up to a Doubletree is our cookie. You are not a Doubletree without that damn cookie. Is this really too much to ask for?

Last edited by Canarsie; Aug 6, 2014 at 12:47 am Reason: Removed unnecessary attempted bypass of the profanity filter.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:10 pm

Programs: DL GE
Originally Posted by Miesque
Seriously, the ONE thing we have been conditioned to expect when us road warriors roll up to a Doubletree is our cookie. You are not a Doubletree without that damn cookie. Is this really too much to ask for?
I agree, the one time I was told they didn't have any (not the Trop) I must have had a deer in headlights look because she proceeded to apologize and said she would make a couple and bring them to my room.

It was really late, almost morning, I said I was sorry, tired and I can wait until morning, I just never expected to hear those words.

This is how I found out you can buy them whenever since they gave me six in a round tin. Every now and then I'll hit up the local DT for a tin and an extra "warm" on the side.

Last edited by Canarsie; Aug 6, 2014 at 12:48 am Reason: Removed bypass of profanity filter in the quoted content.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by pragakhan
I agree, the one time I was told they didn't have any (not the Trop) I must have had a deer in headlights look because she proceeded to apologize and said she would make a couple and bring them to my room.

It was really late, almost morning, I said I was sorry, tired and I can wait until morning, I just never expected to hear those words.

This is how I found out you can buy them whenever since they gave me six in a round tin. Every now and then I'll hit up the local DT for a tin and an extra "warm" on the side.
The funny thing (upon reflection) is that I think I must somehow project that (or look after my trave)l like I just really need a cookie, because the last year or so I have many times been handed two cookies when it is obviously just me Its like a universal Doubletree defuser technique.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 6:21 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Credit award points back. Why great delay?

We all agree the detail given under award activity is sorely lacking. But when I have cxld awards in the past the credit back was also immediate. Yesterday I cxld three award reservations and none of the points returned. The other issue is the cancellation e-mails also lack any detail related to original confirmation number. Why the big delay in crediting points back? Thank you.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Ok, now that constitutes a declaration of war!
Originally Posted by diver858
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
I think they have always done the coupons since they have been a DT.

But a couple problems with it. When I stayed there the first time I really wanted a cookie after checkin and the snack bar in the food court said they were out of them and weren't making any more that night and come back in the morning and someone from my office was there last weekend and said they went down a couple tim3es and they were out. It's aggravating seeing how long of a walk it is from some of the rooms.
The funny thing (upon reflection) is that I think I must somehow project that (or look after my trave)l like I just really need a cookie, because the last year or so I have many times been handed two cookies when it is obviously just me Its like a universal Doubletree defuser technique.
There is a thread dedicated to this abomination:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-hotel-59.html

Last edited by Canarsie; Aug 6, 2014 at 12:48 am Reason: Removed bypass of profanity filter in the quoted content.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 11:01 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I recently had to stay at three properties during a family emergency, and flew my sister in law out. In all three properties I requested putting both rooms on one folio, and in all three properties when they listed points earned in my account, no base (or any kind of) points were earned for the second room.

This is getting so old... What is the beast / easiest way to get this dealt with? It's hard for me to understand why some front desk personnel are so poorly trained they can not get this task accomplished, and why it's so darned customer unfriendly to get these things rectified.

Thanks for any assistance and direction.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 1:02 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
We all agree the detail given under award activity is sorely lacking. But when I have cxld awards in the past the credit back was also immediate. Yesterday I cxld three award reservations and none of the points returned. The other issue is the cancellation e-mails also lack any detail related to original confirmation number. Why the big delay in crediting points back? Thank you.
Thanks for this feedback. Are you able to PM me with you stay details, HHonors number, full name, and email address? I can look into your specific reservation and see what the delay might be!

Originally Posted by JDiver
I recently had to stay at three properties during a family emergency, and flew my sister in law out. In all three properties I requested putting both rooms on one folio, and in all three properties when they listed points earned in my account, no base (or any kind of) points were earned for the second room.

This is getting so old... What is the beast / easiest way to get this dealt with? It's hard for me to understand why some front desk personnel are so poorly trained they can not get this task accomplished, and why it's so darned customer unfriendly to get these things rectified.

Interesting. I'd say the easiest way would be to email [email protected] or PM me with your details. I'd be happy to help you out.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Thank you. The points have not returned and will monitor upon return into office. Will contact if necessary.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 12:37 am
cjd

Originally Posted by JDiver

Exactly the same happened to me last week. Had 2 rooms booked and the front desk argued that they couldn't put both rooms on one folio, even though I told them that I'd had it done numerous times at other hotels and iirc, even at that hotel previously! They insisted that the points for both rooms would post. As expected by me, only the points for one room posted. I now have the hassle of having to e-mail Hhonors the invoices and explain the stay.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by cjd
Exactly the same happened to me last week. Had 2 rooms booked and the front desk argued that they couldn't put both rooms on one folio
Which property? Name and shame, please.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 9:21 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Thanks for this feedback. Are you able to PM me with you stay details, HHonors number, full name, and email address? I can look into your specific reservation and see what the delay might be!

Interesting. I'd say the easiest way would be to email [email protected] or PM me with your details. I'd be happy to help you out.
Thank you, Anthony.

I'll put an e-mail together with the reservation numbers etc. and see what happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.