Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Category Adjustment Process and FlyerTalk Presence

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Category Adjustment Process and FlyerTalk Presence

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2014, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by cln
I can tell you 4pm late checkout is not guaranteed at Spg....
As SPG Gold and HH Diamond, I get 4 PM checkout a lot more often at SPG hotels.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by cln
I can tell you 4pm late checkout is not guaranteed at Spg....
According to the T&C of the program Delta Diamond and Platinum's are to be given a 4 p.m. checkout unless it's a resort or conference center property:

Diamond and Platinum Medallion® members can also enjoy 4pm late checkout, access to the SPG elite check-in line, complimentary in-room Internet access, and upgrades to enhanced rooms at check-in.

Which is another complaint I have with Hilton, have a diamond check in desk at more of your properties.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 7:41 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
lets see if after all I read in this thread the rep will return or run

Globalist
Old Apr 10, 2014, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
According to the T&C of the program Delta Diamond and Platinum's are to be given a 4 p.m. checkout unless it's a resort or conference center property:
About 30% of Starwood's worldwide properties are on that exception list. As such a benefit guarantee isn't worth much.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
About 30% of Starwood's worldwide properties are on that exception list. As such a benefit guarantee isn't worth much.
I've never had an issue at any of the SPG's (mostly w's) I've stayed at getting a late check out. Even if 30% of the properties are excluded it's still a LOT better benefit than Hilton. It's sad I am getting a 4 p.m. checkout as a SPG kettle but can't even get a guaranteed 1 or 2 p.m. checkout as a Hilton diamond. Last time I was in Atlanta I got a better upgrade at the W Midtown than I received at the Hilton Atlanta.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 5:59 am

Folks, there are plenty of other places to debate SPG late checkout policy & compare it to Hilton. Can you please stay on topic?
Old Apr 11, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: HH Dia, UMP Premier Plat, AA Plat
Originally Posted by oenophilist
It is great to have a Hhonors presence here! As others have said, hopefully it will be more direct than PR. There are examples of the good and bad in other forums.

FWIW, the two topics that I would like to see discussed are:
1. Why is there no lifetime HHhonors program?
2. Gold is incredibly easy to get, Diamond very difficult, yet there is often little difference in the benefits. What is the plan to provide greater value to those that are able to achieve Diamond status?

Thanks
Originally Posted by beltway
HH Rep,

I join my fellow FlyerTalkers in welcoming this first step by the Hilton program toward communicating with, and hearing from, your customers. A few modest proposals:
  1. A "presence" means actually being present. In the past, the HH Rep account on FT posted very rarely -- only 167 posts since 2009(!). When FTers pointed out serious, legitimate concerns about policy changes, they met with silence instead of explanations/clarifications. (The premium room rewards fiasco, which AFAIK remains an issue today, is a good example.) Please don't repeat the mistake of making hit-and-run posts & disappearing for months in between.
  2. Messaging works in both directions. In recent years, many of us have felt that HH was completely deaf to concerns about the direction of the program. Having a presence on FT should involve not just communicating to us on a regular basis, but also relaying our comments & concerns back to corporate and taking them seriously. (I'm not talking about individual cases where a guest's stay goes awry from poor service, missing points, etc. Instead, I have in mind things like the absurd complexity and opacity of the rewards options today.)
  3. Treat us like grown-ups. If you have bad news, please don't try to sugar-coat it in happy-talk. If you take away a benefit -- I'm looking at you, Points-and-Fixed-Miles Earning (RIP) -- please don't try to tell us that it's a little-used feature that we won't miss, and for God's sake don't just eliminate the benefit without telling us at all. (Example: the unannounced death of Point Stretchers.) Insulting our intelligence just makes things worse.
  4. Organize information to make it easy to understand & use. It's great that you've added the Standard Room Rewards Update. Perhaps I'm missing it, but the category-change lists seem completely disordered. It would be helpful if you could organize these according to some principle -- perhaps by hotel category and/or state/country.

I really do hope this is the start of better (i.e., any) engagement from HH. We've been begging for it for a long time. (See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...endations.html. Really, please read it; that thread is short & full of great feedback that was unwisely ignored, at least until now.)
I thought these were two great posts to start with. I read through this whole thread curious to see if there were any more responses from the HH rep. I can't say I'm surprised there isn't.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: AA Plat,AS MVP Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat, Amtrak(all routes, VIA same, AUS 90%)
Most welcome

Again, thanks! PM sent, will advise readers of status of Issue II, HNL.
Another trip to HNL(darn)will be necessary.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 11:36 am

What is the use of a "Dedicated Representative" of Hilton when the Hilton hhonors program itself is so bad? The most devalued hotel points program! You have so many hotels that requires 80K to 90k points. Many start at 40K points a night. 10 Hilton point is worth 2 cents only. $129 a night room costs 40,000 points? Geez! First reduce the reward categories and make some change on the devaluations!
Old Apr 11, 2014, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
What is the use of a "Dedicated Representative" of Hilton when the Hilton hhonors program itself is so bad? The most devalued hotel points program! You have so many hotels that requires 80K to 90k points. Many start at 40K points a night. 10 Hilton point is worth 2 cents only. $129 a night room costs 40,000 points? Geez! First reduce the reward categories and make some change on the devaluations!
I agree. We've had two MAJOR devals in the past five years. Hilton needs to quit handing out status and points so freely and instead make the points and status people earn through staying at their hotels worth something.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Reading from the beginning of the thread, all I can say is, Wow, that was a quick honeymoon period! Oh, and welcome?
Old Apr 11, 2014, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Is there a reason why they never just list the properties that are going up or down? Do I really have to go to another website to just find it out?
Old Apr 11, 2014, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just wanna remind everyone how quickly hilton shut down someone who actually tried to help in the past

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...um-member.html

Draw your own conclusions on how helpful they really want to be.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 1:54 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hi all,

Thanks for welcoming us to FlyerTalk! We're excited to get started in the coming weeks to provide exclusive assistance. We're gathering all of the great feedback you've shared thus far and we're keeping this in mind as we prepare to introduce the new FlyerTalk representative. We're also gathering the questions that you've shared and we will provide more clarity around these topics once the new representative is in place.

In the meantime, we ask that you please Private Message HHonorsRepresentative or email us directly at [email protected] if you would like to connect. If you decide to email us, please note that you saw our FlyerTalk thread. This will help us direct inquiries to the right team member.

We've already seen many Private Messages come in, and we want to assure you that we're replying to them as soon as we can. We appreciate your patience while we ramp up our efforts and look forward to what’s to come!
Old Apr 11, 2014, 4:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Is there a reason why they never just list the properties that are going up or down? Do I really have to go to another website to just find it out?
http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/earn-u...ds-update.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.