Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Category Adjustment Process and FlyerTalk Presence

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2014, 9:06 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors

Hello FlyerTalkers!

We wanted to be the first to share news of two new processes we're implementing to give more visibility and clarity around the HHonors program. If you have any questions on the below, please Private Message HHonorsRepresentative or email us directly at [email protected].

Hotel Category Adjustments
Effective 15 April 2014, 25 of our hotels and resorts (0.6% of our properties) will be increasing hotel category, and 14 of our hotels and resorts (0.3% of our properties) will be decreasing hotel category. We've made these modifications based on periodic review of our hotel reward categories as new hotels join the program and market dynamics change. The Hilton HHonors Standard Room Rewards Point Pricing Tool will reflect these changes as of April 15.

In addition, we will be shifting away from the cycle of annual reward category announcements. We want to give members full visibility into any hotel category adjustments – including the introduction of new redemption hotels – so we will be sharing an updated list of adjusted hotels on HHonors.com on a periodic basis. We will make the updated list available via the Standard Room Rewards Update, which can be found on the HHonors.com Using Points page under Standard Room Hotel Categories.

To be clear – we have no plans to make major reward category changes, add new hotel reward categories or make any new major changes to the HHonors program this year.

Official HHonors FlyerTalk Presence
We fully understand that FlyerTalk is a place for our members to exchange knowledge and experiences and we respect the community-driven nature of the platform. We also recognize that there are opportunities for us to provide added clarity around the HHonors program and we want to be that resource for you. That is why we're excited to share that we will be introducing a new Hilton HHonors FlyerTalk representative in the coming weeks. This person will be dedicated to answering your questions and sharing exclusive information ahead of upcoming offers that we think would be of interest to you. As the FlyerTalk community consists of some of our most frequent guests, we hope to offer the level assistance you need to continue being the true experts of the HHonors program.

More to come soon! We absolutely welcome your thoughts and feedback about what you'd like to see from this representative. As a reminder, while we set up this new resource, we ask that you please Private Message HHonorsRepresentative or email us directly at [email protected] if you would like to connect with us.

Thank you,
The Hilton HHonors Team
Old Apr 9, 2014, 9:13 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
This is great news! I look forward to your (or whoever it will be) increased involvement and interactions with our discussions on the site.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Great news indeed. Look forward to the dedicated resource! I am sure we will find a way to keep him/her busy...
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Slightly disappointing on some of the readjustments, although many of those that have changed were exceptionally good value so no real complaints!

I do have a reservation in one of the properties that has moved up a category, and I wouldn't want to keep it if the rate changes - I assume that the points rate that I booked will still be honored and wouldn't be subject to cancellation?
Old Apr 9, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: EMT-P
I applaud your participation in the forums. Very few companies take the time to address their customers directly and while I'm sure there will be some challenges, I look forward to having HHonors on FT.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 12:28 pm

having a rep on here would greatly help me. i have 9 room reservation for this weekend for 5 nights -.-
Old Apr 9, 2014, 12:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cymro
Slightly disappointing on some of the readjustments, although many of those that have changed were exceptionally good value so no real complaints!

I do have a reservation in one of the properties that has moved up a category, and I wouldn't want to keep it if the rate changes - I assume that the points rate that I booked will still be honored and wouldn't be subject to cancellation?
The downgrades on the Silver Spring, MD and Barcelona, Spain properties are especially welcome!
Old Apr 9, 2014, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Any good-faith, authentic attempt you make to connect with customers here is much appreciated. Thank you for the gesture. I would gently point out, though, that the key word is authentic. Some travel / hospitality providers have done themselves more net harm than good on Flyertalk by refused to budge from canned corporatespeak / boilerplate responses. Especially when there are controversies to address.

Most FT customers are grown-ups and will understand if you explain devaluations and cutbacks with no punches pulled. If you reveal cuts and dilutions and insist on calling them "enhancements," however, things don't go so well.

Good luck. I appreciate your good intentions.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Yipppppeeeee!!!! ^^^
Old Apr 9, 2014, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Always good to see more direct communication with the FlyerTalk community. ^^
Old Apr 9, 2014, 1:05 pm

I'm getting a session timeout message when I try to check my current reservations and a looping log in page when I trying to check in online for my reservation tonight. I hope checking the awards update page goes better...
Old Apr 9, 2014, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

email us directly at HiltonPR
On this board we see REAL participation by SPG and Hyatt reps (who respond within minutes and resolve everything you throw at them) but also PR types from UA or Marriott.

Give the developments at Hilton over the last 5+ years I'll remain skeptical until proven otherwise. No offense but I hardly see the need for any "HiltonPR" here - we've seen plenty of spin on "enhancements" already...
Old Apr 9, 2014, 2:13 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Welcome to FlyerTalk!
Old Apr 9, 2014, 2:22 pm

Programs: Priority Club Plat
It seems to me the changes have already taken effect? We do not have until April 15th after all ? I'm looking at the Hilton Sorrento in Aug and its asking for 60K points. It should be 50K right ?
Old Apr 9, 2014, 3:56 pm

Thank you and welcome to Flyer Talk. Private email sent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.