Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by bacook
Thanks for the update dsquared37. What's your HH status? I'm wondering if there is any difference in breakfast choices for Diamond (i.e. lounge v restaurant).
I'm Gold for the time being...

... The lounge breakfast is not bad at all and staff is efficient. There's a few dishes, like the carved pork (labeled non-halal ) that aren't present but overall I wasn't disappointed in the selections.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 2:55 pm
DUS

Programs: LH HON, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the update dsquared37. What's your HH status? I'm wondering if there is any difference in breakfast choices for Diamond (i.e. lounge v restaurant).
It is the new rule for both Gold and Diamond members.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 5:21 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DUS
It is the new rule for both Gold and Diamond members.
Shame as Hilton could use this as a simple, relatively cheap differentiation between Gold and Diamond status.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, sad to say that the cocktail hours in the lounge have seen a greatly reduced selection of snacks. Of the two cheeses on offer one is a white block with little flavor and the other is cream cheese. Odd.

Definitely a sizable reduction overall but they haven't touched the booze yet.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 1:02 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
I returned from the Hilton Sukhumvit 2 days ago and was not impressed at all.
Received NO upgrade as a HHonors Gold (while I booked an executive room).
After a quick call to the lounge they organised an upgrade (one category higher) but that room became only available at 6pm which was a bit inconvenient for us. NO turndown service either. The room itself was fabulous but the breakfast in the lounge (they charge extra for the main buffet) was horrible. Everything that had to be served hot, was cold and the quality of the other items was below par. They had no brown bread and the white rolls they had were like the ones you get on an airplane. Only processed meat cuts. It was the worst breakfast during a 2 week holiday in Thailand. While the hotel was the most expensive one. The cocktail hour was also nothing special. Only 2-3 hot items (low quality). The worst I have ever seen in a lounge. We ordered Bacardi in the lounge and they came back to say that they run out of rum.
I wouldn't return there.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 2:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Delectatio
After a quick call to the lounge they organised an upgrade (one category higher) but that room became only available at 6pm which was a bit inconvenient for us. NO turndown service either. The room itself was fabulous but the breakfast in the lounge (they charge extra for the main buffet) was horrible. Everything that had to be served hot, was cold and the quality of the other items was below par. They had no brown bread and the white rolls they had were like the ones you get on an airplane. Only processed meat cuts. It was the worst breakfast during a 2 week holiday in Thailand. While the hotel was the most expensive one. The cocktail hour was also nothing special. Only 2-3 hot items (low quality). The worst I have ever seen in a lounge. We ordered Bacardi in the lounge and they came back to say that they run out of rum.
I wouldn't return there.
They might have assumed that most people who get upgraded to a freshly made up suite at 6pm wouldn't then want turndown service.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 8:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Hmm exactly the same thing happened to me there at the end of last month. Booked executive room as Gold, told initially on check-in that as a Gold member I'd been upgraded to an executive room - told them that that's the room I'd booked.

Took up to lounge for check in and given exec room. Again a phone call resulted in an executive plus, fortunately though we got ours straight away.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
When did Hilton change the rules such that Golds are guaranteed an upgrade?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by MarcD
Hmm exactly the same thing happened to me there at the end of last month. Booked executive room as Gold, told initially on check-in that as a Gold member I'd been upgraded to an executive room - told them that that's the room I'd booked.
Wow, sounds like they tried to pull a fast one on you. Good thing you were able to straighten that out. I've run into that before at properties - the "upgrade downgrade". One time a place tried to tell me that a single queen room - when I'd paid for a king - was an "upgrade" because it was on a higher floor or some nonsense. Umm, no.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:32 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
It was just the whole experience that wasn't nice.
I know for a fact that the other Hilton properties in Bangkok have the policy to upgrade their Hhonors Gold members from a standard room without breakfast to at least an executive room and giving them lounge acces and breakfast so if you have booked (and payed) for an executive room it is not unreasonable to expect at least an upgrade (especially when my late checkout request was also a problem). The reason I choose this hotel was because it was nice looking and new, but it was the wrong choice... I wouldn't return there.
I felt sorry I didn't pick the Conrad instead.
I forgot to mention that the rooftop pool at the H. Sukhumvit is also facing north, strangely designed for a hotel that's brand new.
We also stayed at another hotel in Bangkok the week before (Eastin Sathorn) and for half the price, it was amazing (very good lounge with an amazing choice of drinks and hot/cold food). Definitely recommended.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 4:18 pm

Programs: QF SG
I assume the default Diamond upgrade here is one room type so booking the base room translates to an Exec room. I'd be interested to hear from those who have got a double upgrade to Exec+ or a suite including how many nights you stayed.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 6:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond DL Platinum UA 1K, DL Gold, Marriott Gold
You just have to assume that Gold and its equivalent will be less respected more and more.

I have been Gold and Diamond is certainly better especially overseas. I don't find it worth much in the USA.

But when you give millions Gold for having a CC then the Value of Gold is pretty useless or Gold for being at a certain level with an Airline likewise.

Golds should be happy they get anything from a Company that continually devalues its points and has the worst website in the Travel with nothing but Morons in the IT department.

I feel for the member who actually earns their Gold Status by spending stays and money at Hilton.

Unfortunately Hilton does not!!!
Old Oct 21, 2014, 7:25 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I assume the default Diamond upgrade here is one room type so booking the base room translates to an Exec room. I'd be interested to hear from those who have got a double upgrade to Exec+ or a suite including how many nights you stayed.
I had a multi-category upgrade back in March (from a king standard IIRC to a king exec suite of some sort). That was for a 3 night stay I believe. That was a better upgrade than I've gotten at the Conrad or Millennium in Bangkok.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 6:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond DL Platinum UA 1K, DL Gold, Marriott Gold
Checked in yesterday for 2 nights. I am a Diamond and I believe I am in an Executive Plus Room which I really like.. I just booked King so I guess that is a Double Upgrade.

I have stayed stayed twice before this year and have 12 future nights this year booked.

IMHO anyone who complains about the staff here must have an importance problem. From the Concierge, room service, IT department , Executive Lounge, I find the staff incredibly friendly and helpful.

The offerings in the Executive Lounge have definitely improved from my last stay but still does not compare to The Renaissance.

Breakfast in Scalina may have slipped a bit. Many more cheese , salami etc offerings last time.

And still cold Croissants. They need to go to Prague Old Town Hilton to see how to do croissants.

For me it is still about the room. Great workspace , lots of outlets and lights.

Awesome Bathroom with deep tub and powerful Rain Shower etc.

Always room for improvement but I believe this Hotel offers great value especially if you use cash and points.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kapkap46

IMHO anyone who complains about the staff here must have an importance problem. From the Concierge, room service, IT department , Executive Lounge, I find the staff incredibly friendly and helpful.
Agreed the staff is very friendly. There's been a changeover in the EL staff over the past few months but I still find them friendly and up to the task. The two Dutch women are leaving soon so expect to see a few more new faces around.

The offerings in the Executive Lounge have definitely improved from my last stay but still does not compare to The Renaissance.
I've stayed here quite a few times this year and the EL offerings have continued to decline. Not sure when it is that your comparison is from but my experience is the exact opposite.

Breakfast in Scalina may have slipped a bit. Many more cheese , salami etc offerings last time.
You decided to pay for the breakfast? Or does it come with the room? In September, IIRC, a new policy was instituted whereby breakfast was only offered gratis in the EL. You could dine on the 2nd floor for something like 400++ THB.

Always room for improvement but I believe this Hotel offers great value especially if you use cash and points.
Overall I agree but I have noticed a slide this year in product.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.