Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2004, 2:19 pm

Programs: HH Gold, SPG, DL, UA, AW, AA, Hertz #1 Gold
Post San Diego Gaslight Village

I'll be staying at the Hilton Gaslight Village in San Diego next weekend and was looking for some tips on the hotel, the area, upgrades (HH Gold), etc. Any information is greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 30, 2004, 3:30 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Short result of your search: hotel pleasant, fairly new
Area: safe, lots of restaurants, near convention center.
Love it every time I go.
Old Jul 30, 2004, 3:31 pm

It's a great hotel.
The lounges by the pools are soooooo comfortable.
The bed we had on one of the exec floors was amazing.
MissBumpMe! will probably convince me to get us back there just for the bed.
Old Jul 30, 2004, 5:58 pm

Gaslamp Hilton thumbs up

3 night stay was very nice. Pool and patio made it quite relaxing. Gaslamp area is very lively and modern. Walking distance to everything. Many iDine listed restaurants. Gold will get you drink vouchers in the lobby bar for each person/night and executive level room. Only a 12 story hotel so no real view except from executive lounge. Hotel is alongside tracks; freight and passenger trains are loud but infrequent. I'll be back, great hotel great area.
Mattress run of sorts, then to Embassy Suites on the Bay (6 blocks) which gave me top floor bayfront balcony with manager's reception and full breakfast. Worth your consideration, too.
Old Jul 31, 2004, 9:49 am

Petco Park

If you like to take in a game when the Padres are home, this is a great hotel to stay at, within walking distance to baseball and great restaurants. Five minutes from the airport too I might add.
Old Jan 28, 2005, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Question Is the Hilton San Diego Gaslamp all that?

Is it really worth $399 per night? I've read some searched posts about it, but nothing seems to justify this rate. This rate comes up for May 19-22.
Old Jan 28, 2005, 9:28 pm

It is a nice hotel. And has a very convieint location. But it is not worth $399 per night.
Old Jan 28, 2005, 10:31 pm

Location: Anaheim, CA - Delta Platinum Medallion,Sky Team Elite Plus, American Airlines Platinum, OneWorld - Emerald, EK-Skywards Gold, VS Flying Club, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold. Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum, Intercontinental Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
Is it really worth $399 per night? I've read some searched posts about it, but nothing seems to justify this rate. This rate comes up for May 19-22.
No.
Old Jan 28, 2005, 10:38 pm

ByrdluvsAWACO,
You could always use points, there is award availability (even for a gold) at 105K points for your dates. I have stayed at the property twice, and it is not worth even close to that.

Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
Old Jan 29, 2005, 6:24 am
Suspended

This property regularly appears on PLN. See Sheryl's website.
Old Jan 29, 2005, 7:04 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
I've noticed they seriously jack up prices when there is a major event across the street at the convention center. Last Fall I was attending a convention and the hotel's rack rate was $299. The "convention" rate was $259.

Ultimately found out my company's local office had a $159 rate negotiated, and paid that. When I checked in the desk clerk (who was very pleasant, as is all the staff) commented on how low the rate was I was paying.

Nice hotel, but $399 is laughable.
Old Jan 29, 2005, 7:27 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Silver
I paid $99 - which was about right.
Old Jan 29, 2005, 8:52 am
SST

I really like this hotel, but it isn't really luxurious or anything; just well situated to walk to dinner on a business trip, enjoy the evening, and keep the car parked. I had several trips to San Diego and stayed here most of them; if they're up to$399 there's absolutely no way I can stay there, ever again, and that makes me sad. Chutzpah! It fits in the $189 category, tops.
Old Jan 29, 2005, 4:18 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
American Thoracic Society meets in SanDiego at that time (May 20-25). You can get it for $205 through the ATS!
Old Jan 29, 2005, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Cool Hilton must be smoking something.

Well, I'm sure as hell not going to pay $399. I need two rooms for three to four days. Paying what they're asking would cost $2400-3200.

This is a "Take the kids to Sea World" type of trip, but we want to stay at a hotel close to the action. It's nice to know we can stagger back to the hotel after partying.

I may have to book at the Sheraton. They have far more reasonable rates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.