Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > Hilton | Hilton HHonors
Sign in using an external account

Old Apr 4, 01, 8:38 pm   #1

Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport

Any comments on Hilton @ CDG?

We have a one-night stay due to connections and an early morning flight. Is there an easy and convenient access to the RER to go into the city?

We were able to obtain a rate of 950FF, which seems like a great bargin.
Georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 01, 9:39 pm   #2

I stayed there once as a Hilton Gold and they upgraded me to a corner room on the Executive floor and received access to the Club Lounge. The room was large with a large marble bathroom (separate shower and bathtub)and amenities galore. Excellent service. Points posted within 24 hours.

From CDG Terminal 1, I called the hotel from the shuttle stop and the Hilton shuttle bus arrived in 5 minutes. Leaving the hotel for the airport, shuttle bus stood outside. They have 2 shuttle buses - one each for CDG1 and CDG2.

The Club Room (open till 11:00 p.m.) serves beer, hard liquor, coffee and soda and nut mix. Never ate the continental breakfast as my rate included the buffet breakfast.

CDG1 station for RER B is about 100 yards behind the hotel. Purchase the one-day pass for 110FRF which gives unlimited access to RER and metro, otherwise it's 49FRF each-way and you have to pay as you go if you use the metro. When you return to CDG at night, make sure you take the train headed towards CDG2, not Mitry. Both trains depart from the same platform. I think the last train departs Chatelet Les Halles around 11:45 p.m.

Have a good stay!
FTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 01, 10:34 am   #3
Suspended

I enjoyed the CDG Hilton very much the included the buffet breakfast with my stay. Agree with the previous post about RER.
drtravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 01, 11:19 am   #4
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
2014 Secret Santa

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
This is a great hotel. I think I may have had that same corner room...

The lounge is well stocked... but not large... so if a lot of people are there, it could get cramped.

I was also surprised when... after being in the room for 10 minutes... a knock at the door from a bellman delivering a gift of gourmet nuts. (They came in handy on that economy flight back across the ocean!).

William
wharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 02, 8:29 pm   #5

Name Of Rental Car Agency @ HILTON CDG

I couldn't find this info at Hilton's web site. Anyone know answer?
Teeejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 02, 11:40 am   #6

Programs: AA Plat., HH Silver, SPG Gold
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport

Has anyone stayed in or have any information that could be pertinent to my stay at the Hilton at CDG in Paris? Nice? Easy access to tourist attractions and such? Thanks!
swimtrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 02, 3:57 pm   #7
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
no direct RER-lines connecting CDG to downtown Paris - just métro (but some of them skip some stations).

I agree with all Hilton commentaries above (comfort, upgrade, swimming/sauna).
Rudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 02, 3:41 am   #8
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rudi:
no direct RER-lines connecting CDG to downtown Paris - just métro (but some of them skip some stations).
</font>
Actually, it is a direct RER B line, although not non-stop. I fully agree with every single positive comment in this thread.
JOUY31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 03, 8:36 am   #9
In Memoriam

Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JOUY31:
Actually, it is a direct RER B line, although not non-stop. I fully agree with every single positive comment in this thread.</font>
However, if you get the right train, it does go direct from CDG1 to Gare du Nord. From there, you are only 5-10 minutes from Saint Michel.
dctorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 03, 7:44 am   #10

Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport Hilton

Hi:

I was trying to book some award stay in August in Paris. The only that we could find was the airport Hilton? Definitely, not good compared to staying in the Hilton close to the city centre?

What do you folks thing about this? Is it going to be painful and time consuming going to the city from the airport hilton.

Thanks
Goodflyer
goodflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 03, 8:18 am   #11

Programs: HHonors Diamond USAirways CP Hertz Pres Cir
goodflyer,

If you are attempting to see the city then this is not a good location.

While access to the city is easy via the train, it is not close by and you would waste a great deal of time traveling to and from the city.
Old Jun 10, 03, 8:36 am   #12

Programs: Everything and everywhere. Officially a nomad
The CDG Hilton is great if you have an early flight, but not if you want to see Paris. It is right on the airport property, one of the really good airport Hiltons IMO (food, club lounge, shuttle service). But it's about 30 minutes from the city by tain and you will see nothing other than airport if you stay there.
Ginger K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 03, 8:39 am   #13

It's actually a very nice hotel, but I second the opinion above. Even if you catch one of the Express RER trains it's about 45 mins to Gare du Nord and late at night, I think the trains are a bit dodgy (even when there are Police on board with sub-machine guns).

The Paris Hilton is a much better location to see the city.
The_Diamond_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 03, 9:00 am   #14

I been to Paris many times. I always stay at CDG. You probably need to take the metro anyway. Experience Paris like the locals.
sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 03, 10:45 am   #15
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Could try this for some more info.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/006340.html

-- The Wizard of Oz
BigLar is offline   Reply With Quote