Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter {US-WA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter {US-WA}

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2001, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, LH Senator, Hyatt Diamond
Arrow DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter {US-WA}

This weekend will be the first time we will be at a Double Tree Guest Suites.
-Any feedback on the SEA location?
-How different are the Guest Suites from the regular properties?
-What can Gold HHonors expect at these properties?
-Is getting breakfast coupons also a hassle?
-Is there a concierge lounge?

------------------
"Fly me to the moon and let me earn alot of miles."
Old May 3, 2001, 10:09 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Give me a call on my cell if you have time today, have a few tips on getting the benefits from Doubletree... can be a hassle as they aren't completely integrated into the HH "Computer" family yet.
Old May 3, 2001, 2:39 pm

I'll be staying at a Doubletree Guest Suites all next week in Florida.. If you can post these methods for getting benefits/upgrades from Doubletree Guest Suites that would be great! I'll post about the property when I get back.. Its the Doubletree Guest Suites Orlando - Maingate. Hear anything on it?
Old May 3, 2001, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I am at the DoubleTree in NYC right now. The suite seems perfectly nice; I don't know what would constitute and upgrade here but I am quite satisfied with the room that I have. When I asked about breakfast during check-in the desk clerk replied "its free for Golds, of course. Just give your name and room number when you enter the restaurant." So it seems like a nice place with nice people and the toll free numbers really are toll free. I can't vouch for the cookies because I gave them to Catman.
Old May 4, 2001, 12:11 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I'm home tonight but spent the last two nights at the Doubletree-Columbia River in Portland, Oregon.

Check in was no hassle. Got my bag of cookies, two coupons for free full breakfast (even though I was alone) and an executive level upgrade to the Mt. Saint Helens Room. Very roomy suite with separate dining and living rooms. Brand new bed and I slept like a baby. However, the rest of the room is in desperate need of a refurbishment. Can't complain for $59 a night although I really resent paying an additional $3 for an energy surcharge.

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: The Airline Mileage Workshop
Old May 4, 2001, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally posted by MileageAddict:
I'm home tonight but spent the last two nights at the Doubletree-Columbia River in Portland, Oregon.

<snip>

Can't complain for $59 a night although I really resent paying an additional $3 for an energy surcharge.

As a person living in PDX (sort of) my energy bills do not seem significantly higher this year. In fact, I recall reading recently that Oregon has the second lowest rates in the country. On that basis, I cannot fathom how this surcharges is justified, which seems to be all across the country. I find this whole issueextremely annoying.

Were you notified of the charge at the time of making your reservation? If not, I would dispute it.
Old May 4, 2001, 11:44 pm

Programs: UA 1k; 1MM, HH Diamond; Hertz PC, Costco member
I've stayed at this property numerous times.

-Any feedback on the SEA location?

I like it. It use to be an Embassy Suites so you do actually get two rooms. Not real fancy but nice.

-How different are the Guest Suites from the regular properties?

Big difference from normal DoubleTrees that I have stayed at.

-What can Gold HHonors expect at these properties? -Is getting breakfast coupons also a hassle?

I have recieve good treatment. Once I got an upgraded room, but truthfully I didn't think it was that much nicer. Both times I have recieved a breakfast coupon, but I had to remind them once.

-Is there a concierge lounge?

No

Overall, two thumbs up.
Old May 5, 2001, 1:00 am

The Guest Suites i stayed at(Durham NC) featured huge rooms. The bedroom was the size of an average hotel room and there was another large room with a couch, easy chair, coffee table, desk, samll dining table, small refridgerator, microwave and a bar sink.

My Hilton status was recognized and i got breakfast coupons, although the hotel was 2 or 3 weeks behind when my status rose. the friendly frint desk staff corrected this when told.

the only downside was this property could use a good refurbishing.
Old May 6, 2001, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am currently at the DT Suites Dana Point CA, and it is nicely delightful. I was u/g (without asking) to the Corsica Suite. It is a large corner unit with 2 separate lanais, huge LR with fireplace, sofa, mwave, refrig, VCR tables etc. The BR has a raised whirlpool overlooking the Pacific, a shower, a bidet etc. Nice marble too. All this for $95/night. Such a deal. Sure beats any Hilton Suites I have stayed in or the never available Hyatt suites.

MisterNice

ps: the mwave does a wonderful job on the very nice choc chip cookies.......and leaves a wonderful lingering arona for sleeping (or whatever).

[This message has been edited by MisterNice (edited 05-06-2001).]
Old May 8, 2001, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, LH Senator, Hyatt Diamond
Although this should be more of a trip report, I will post some quick comments on Seattle Double Tree Guest Suites. When living in FL, I recall a chain called Guest Suites which were basically Holiday Inn Express with room added on for seating area. This hotel reminded me. Any coincidence?

First, the bad stuff:
The sink was outside bathroom in hall between living room and bedroom. Had pointed edge that we hit a couple of times. Extremely dangerous for children.

Hotel looked newer than other SEA DoubleTrees but construction inside seemed cheap.

The window next to the front door and seating area at entrance gave me more the idea I was at a dentist's office waiting area. Very impersonal. 2 TVs but both were very small.

Now to be fair, the good stuff:
The staff at DoubleTree where very courteous and friendly. Everybody greeted us.

HHonors take note, this is the only Hilton property I have not had to argue for the breakfast coupons. We received 2 breakfasts for each night and they included weekend brunch until 12.

And unlike most airport area hotels, parking was free.

Fitness center was bigger than some resort hotels I have been to- nice sauna and indoor pool. Not just a "room with a stair master" as you find in most hotels.

Overall, I believe the hotel staff were great as they tried, breakfast was delicious with Denver scrambled eggs and miso soup of all things.

However, my general disappointment arises from the idea that this hotel was the standard fare "suites" that Orlando has which are basically Super 8 motel rooms with additions and sleep familes of 4-6. I guess I was expecting something like Embassy Suites.

------------------
"Fly me to the moon and let me earn alot of miles."
Old Aug 2, 2001, 1:42 am
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
Doubletree Guest Suites actually came about when Doubletree purchased Guest Quarters Suites, a predominantly Northeastern all-suites chain that was along the lines of Embassy Suites. Guest Quarters always were very nice when I stayed at them (Boston area, DC area, Philly area, etc.).

OMNI note:
Anyone else remember the old Doubletree days, when the company was owned by MetLife. I remember the (Compri) chain (a sister MetLife hotel brand). (Compri) always threw me with the bracketed name thing. I am not sure what became of (Compri), although they could have been the predecessor of Club Hotels by Doubletree. I seem to remember staying at a (Compri) in the Chicago area (Schaumburg- I think) and one in Windsor, ON about ten years ago...

And as long as I'm continuing down memory lane, does anyone else remember the progression when Holiday Corp. owned what became Promus and now is part of Hilton?

[This message has been edited by TransWorldOne (edited 08-02-2001).]
Old Feb 18, 2006, 8:16 pm
Original Member

Arrow DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter {US-WA}

I had one of the best hotel experiences I have had in many a year at this property. I was to arrive at DoubleTree around noon time on Friday the 17th; but was significantly delayed due to all the weather problems in Chicago Thursday and the eastern U.S. Friday. In any event my noon time arrival turned into a 1:45am arrival the following day. Whiile playing the airline game, I called the hotel and informed them that I was on the way but would be arriving very late. They said they would make a note in my reservation and not give my room away; although they were going to be sold out for the night. After more delays and more delays I phoned the hotel again to tell them I would not be arriving until well after midnight. They assured me my reservation would be fine; and I should call the hotel when I get to the airport and they will have someone pick me up as the normal shuttle hours would have ended. The hotel is about 3 miles from the airport, so I thought the pickup was outstanding. We arrived about 1:45am. I called the hotel as instructed as was greated by " We were waiting for your call and I will be right over to get you." The great young lady that picked me up was Denise, who happend to be the manager on duty. She greeted me with "Welcome to the DoubleTree and Seattle; I am sorry today has been such a challenge for you but you will be in your room in just minutes". Denise told me they had already checked me in; had keys, breakfast coupons etc. all ready to go. I was not at the front desk for 15 seconds. They said it was their pleasure to do what they could in difficult travel times. Sorry for the long post but I thought this effort was outstanding. I plan on contacting the General Manager when I get home as he is not in over the weekend. I will make sure Denise and the rest of the staff get the kudos they deserve. By the way, this property is newly renovated and is top-notch, suites are huge, well furnished with two flat screen tv's. I will return for sure. We hear so many horror stories today; I thought this one was worth sharing.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 9:53 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
I had a similar experience late one night at a Doubletree - they were also sold out, but had kept my AAA rate room. When I arrived they speed-checked me in, and soon I was in bed in the Presidential Suite.

My only regret is I had to breakfast, check out and drive to my client's venue early in the morning, and that I wasn't there for a few days with Lady JDiver.

A bit longer ago, the Doubletree Bakersfield caught us on 9-11, and upgraded us to their best suite. The Hilton Long Beach upgraded us to a great room, I think a mini-suite, while we waited for flight ops to sesume so we could take our originally 9-11 scheduled LAX-BNE flight.
Old Feb 19, 2006, 2:04 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Soon to be an ex-WP PE
Seattle Airport DoubleTree

I had two occassions to visit this property last month. I was on a mileage run and stayed there before a Europe run and on the return. Can't say enough good things about the people and the facility. And the treatment. Corner rooms on both visits and huge suite on the second. I used to stay at the Airport Hilton; but I have found myself a new home in Seattle. Great service and great folks and at only a cat 2 rate.

Thanks again to the folks at the Seattle Airport DoubleTree.

Old Jun 9, 2006, 2:37 pm

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
I'm staying here next week for a conference ... I've read about a $10 certificate for breakfast. Anyone have any more information on this? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.