Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Q3 2012 promo officially announced: 3x points Fri-Sun, 2x points Mon-Thu Jul 1-Sep 30

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q3 2012 promo officially announced: 3x points Fri-Sun, 2x points Mon-Thu Jul 1-Sep 30

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2012, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/Quarte...3/landing.aspx

Excluded hotels:

http://hhonors1-stg.hilton.com/en_US...otels/index.do
[(RE)EDITED TO ADD:] Please see posts 47 & 91. At least one hotel on the original excluded list was not supposed to be on the excluded list, and has been removed from that list. So (a) re-check the list periodically, as it has changed at least once, and (b) if a hotel you want to stay at is on the list, you may want to contact it and double-check whether it should be on the list.
FAQ:

http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/...p_faq/index.do

I got this email from HHonors about this a little while ago, entitled "For members' eyes only: A sneak peek just for you":

EARN TRIPLE
IN A SINGLE TRIP.

EARN DOUBLE OR TRIPLE POINTS ON YOUR NEXT TRIP.

Being a Hilton HHonors™ member is now more rewarding than ever. Because with this sneak peek at the Triple Your Trip promotion, you can get to your next getaway three times faster. Simply sign up and stay by September 30, 2012, to earn Triple HHonors Points for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights starting July 1, 2012. And earn Double HHonors Points for Monday through Thursday nights at participating hotels and resorts. Take advantage of this special preview today. Because whether you’re earning double points on business or triple points on a weekend away, you can always count on HHonors to get you to your next getaway faster.

See also this thread for the official FAQ:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...otion-faq.html

Last edited by sdsearch; Jul 1, 2012 at 10:59 am Reason: added link to official FAQ thread
Old Jun 20, 2012, 4:17 pm

Lame

Oh boy.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 4:25 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat , HH Diamond , IHG Spire
Just got the email and enrolled..
For me, its basically the same promo as the current one. All my travel is Monday thru Thursday.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Originally Posted by nycboyz
Just got the email and enrolled..
For me, its basically the same promo as the current one.
I agree, though honestly I would have been happier if the extended the Q2 promotion.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA, WN, HH
Do I have to change my Double Dip Earnings Style Option in my HHonors account in order to receive Double and/or Triple Points for this promotion?
No. However, to maximize the number of points you can earn during the promotion, selecting HHonors Points and HHonors Points would be best.
I was thinking of keeping my Double Dip setting so I can earn some United miles. But looking at the above FAQ entry, I am not sure how I am able to "maximize the number of points" with setting Double Dip to "HHonors Points and HHonors Points". Wouldn't the base points be the same, and hence I will be getting the same *Q3 bonus points* under any Double Dip setting?
Old Jun 20, 2012, 5:00 pm

That's a big list of excluded hotels, some of which I would have stayed at...
Old Jun 20, 2012, 5:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by n3st0r
I was thinking of keeping my Double Dip setting so I can earn some United miles. But looking at the above FAQ entry, I am not sure how I am able to "maximize the number of points" with setting Double Dip to "HHonors Points and HHonors Points". Wouldn't the base points be the same, and hence I will be getting the same *Q3 bonus points* under any Double Dip setting?
Yes, your bonus is the same under any earning style. They are simply pointing out that by selecting "Points and Points" you will earn the maximum number of points (while at the same time opting out of earning any miles).
Old Jun 20, 2012, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by Shep
That's a big list of excluded hotels, some of which I would have stayed at...
Yep... That's a bummer. I will be at the SF Union Square in July... yet another excluded hotel.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 5:32 pm

Programs: HH Dia, Avis First, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, AS
To clarify. As I read this, it's only for points, not miles as well, correct?
Old Jun 20, 2012, 5:34 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Disappointing. Obviously not targeted towards business travelers, but am very happy I don't have to hotel hop. Need to check out the other promotions, maybe time to loyalty hop ths summer.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 5:50 pm

Programs: Northwest Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, National Executive Elite

Free points no need to complain. What if they offered no promo??
Old Jun 20, 2012, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA, WN, HH
Originally Posted by Deemus7
Yes, your bonus is the same under any earning style. They are simply pointing out that by selecting "Points and Points" you will earn the maximum number of points (while at the same time opting out of earning any miles).
Ah, that makes sense, thanks Deemus7!
Old Jun 20, 2012, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jvick125
To clarify. As I read this, it's only for points, not miles as well, correct?
Correct.

So it's not exactly the same, even for Mon-Thu, as an extension to the current promo would be, since for those who are getting double miles in the current (Q2) promo there is no option for that in the Q3 promo.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 6:21 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
I'm happy! My two June trips got bumped to July, so I'll still be able to earn double points for Mon - Thursday and even triple on Sunday (when I normally fly in). I've also verified the hotels at which I'm staying aren't excluded.

So, no downside from my perspective
Old Jun 20, 2012, 6:24 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by jjlovecub
Free points no need to complain. What if they offered no promo??
if they offered no promo, I would stay elsewhere. There are a lot of hotels out there to choose from and I get to choose where
I stay. I think we all stay where we can mazimize our points and stays so that when we do get to take vacation we can go for free. I am on the road 150 nights a year, never get an upgrade, don't really care about them so much, but I do want as many points as I canget so I can take my vacations at a great property

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.