Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport {US-GA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport {US-GA}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2002, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport {US-GA}

Any repots on the Doubletree Club Atlanta Airport?

Thank you.
Old Aug 18, 2002, 2:59 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Stayed there a year and a half ago on a Saturday night stay. Standard room (pre-HHonors Gold) Friendly staff. Quick shuttle to the airport. No complaints @ $59/night.
Old Mar 29, 2003, 11:28 pm

Any new information on this property? I want to stay there this week but I'm wanting to know if this is the place to stay or not?
Old Mar 30, 2003, 7:15 am

Stayed there last month when a missed connection resulted in an overnight stay in Atlanta.

As a gold, given a "premium" room, (whatever that was) bottled water in the room, and staff was very courtious.

Since my stay was merely for sleeping purposes, and lasted less than 9 hours, I don't remember much more than that. The shuttle was prompt and quick, and the Manager made sure it left a few minutes early so as to get me to my flight on time.

Would recommend.
Old Mar 30, 2003, 11:41 am

Unless you're a fan of: 1) Au Bon Pain, 2) McDonalds or 3) some dingy local seafood place, then there are little or no dining options if you don't have a vehicle.

The property itself was nice and well maintained, and I was upgraded to a corner suite.
Old Mar 30, 2003, 5:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Starwood Gold Radisson Elite
Well I stayed there the night of the 26th and at checkin was handed two bottles of water. I was immediately impressed that they had the courtesy to give a nice Diamond Touch, but then was told after checking in that the water was not working due to a water main break. They said it would be working in 3 hours. Of course the next morning it wasn't working.

So I had to go to my business meeting grungy and stinky with no shower. They even attempted to charge me for the room, and I told them that they took a gamble in hoping the water would come back on. I could have easily have driven to a hotel on the other side of Atlanta if I had to. It was not like it broke after I got there.

So this was my second stay there, and it was really disappointing.
Old Mar 30, 2003, 9:24 pm

I have stayed there several times in the last few months and have been quite satisfied. I use it often as a park and fly location as the parking lot is well lighted and secure. I have been given a nice Diamond touch with warm cookies, ample snacks and fresh fruit available on the HHonors floor. I will be using the hotel quite a lot over the next 6 weeks saving $10-$11 a day for airport parking. The airport shuttle runs every thirty minutes and is very reliable and free. No complaints from this traveler.

[This message has been edited by addbud (edited 03-30-2003).]
Old Mar 17, 2007, 9:05 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Any updates on this property?

Any updates on this property? Considerably cheaper than Hilton or HGI - just wondering why.

Thanks.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 11:09 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I'm here now. Breakfast is only a full buffet; golds and diamonds get a free breakfast coupon for each day. Free wireless in the rooms and lobby. Wasn't upgraded because I'm in the conference director's free room; however, it's large and comfortable. (He put my name and Honors number on the master account so I can get free breakfast and all the points.)

Business center includes printing (50 cents/page from laptop) copying (10 cents/page), and faxing ($1 page); payment is done via credit card swipe. There is a computer, but I didn't see if it's free or not.

Didn't take the airport shuttle, but others said it was a fast pickup.

Last edited by linsj; Jul 6, 2007 at 11:14 am
Old Jul 7, 2007, 9:24 am

Programs: DL FO, AA,USAIR,MM,HHonors Gold,HertzGold
Stayed there two weeks ago and no complaints. Used the airport shuttle not only for my flight but to catch MARTA downtown and it was fast and readily available both times. Walked down to the local seafood restuarant Spondivits for lunch and had a good meal. Also was given a whole "tin" of warm cookies upon check-in with two bottles of water and breakfast coupons. I will definitely stay there again when in Atlanta.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 10:09 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum
ATL Doubletree Club

Can I get some recent reviews of Doubletree Club ATL airport? I searched and found old threads.

Thanks,
Jwhuffman
Old Aug 21, 2007, 10:16 pm

Programs: DL FO, AA,USAIR,MM,HHonors Gold,HertzGold
If you are talking about the Doubletree Club Atlanta Airport, stayed there in June and no complaints. Front desk staff was friendly, easy shuttle to and from airport and gave a me a whole tin of cookies when I checked out. Decent lobby bar as well.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 10:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by jwhuffman
Can I get some recent reviews of Doubletree Club ATL airport? I searched and found old threads.

Thanks,
Jwhuffman
The post at the end of this thread are a little over a month old. Not sure why a new thread was needed.

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...nta+doubletree
Old Jul 11, 2011, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
I recently had a MR stay there on an MVP rate and as a Diamond was upgraded to a corner room, XX02, which is quite larger than the others, but it's mostly a larger open space between the foot of the bed and the the wall the TV is on, not really a big deal. But the thought behind the upgrade was appreciated. Their breakfast buffet is adequate, certainly a notch above Hampton Inn, more on par with HGI's. One bummer is they charge an extra $10 to park the car, even though at one time the parking lot was obviously free, they now have large planters blocking all but one access lane and a kiosk with an attendant who will charge the parking to your room. Not even Diamonds get comped.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Their website mentions a lounge but I am not certain if they mean an executive lounge or just some bar where anyone can go and buy a drink.

Can anyone tell me if it has a real Executive Lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.