Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comprehensive Hertz CDP#'s

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2012, 1:12 am

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Employee code is fine if and only if you never have to interact with a human. But for the love of sweet baby Jesus don't spread these codes around! The retiree code worked so well for so long until people started blabbing about it and it got onto SD. Also, if anyone has the friends and family or retiree 2012 code and wants to post it or PM it, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 1:50 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by dparkinson
Employee code is fine if and only if you never have to interact with a human. But for the love of sweet baby Jesus don't spread these codes around! The retiree code worked so well for so long until people started blabbing about it and it got onto SD. Also, if anyone has the friends and family or retiree 2012 code and wants to post it or PM it, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Have you tried this personally? I'd hate to try this and be stuck paying the walk-up rate....
Old Feb 27, 2012, 10:27 pm

I have. Many, many times.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 1:04 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, HHonors Gold
I have. Many, many times.
I know this sounds very greedy, but have you ever used a PC code with the employee rate as well?
Old Feb 28, 2012, 5:45 pm

I'm not sure I could keep a straight face for that one.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 1:28 am

Employee code is fine if and only if you never have to interact with a human.
How do you do it withouth interacting with a human? Doesn't the Hertz employee have to give you the key and everything? Can you explain further? Can you pay online? I just registered on flyertalk just so I can ask this because just saw this thread and punched in the employee code and got a massive massive discount. Thank you so much for that code but I feel it will be no good bc they'll probably ask when I go pick up the car.

I'm not sure I could keep a straight face for that one.
And why can't you also use a PC, when I entered the $30 off PC, the total charge was even lower.

I appreciate any help, thanks in advance.

Last edited by lilslip33; Mar 2, 2012 at 1:35 am
Old Mar 2, 2012, 2:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
If you have gold service then the keys are in the car, you just go straight to the car, the only human interaction is the security at the gate, they just check your id against the booking
Old Mar 2, 2012, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by britbronco22
If you have gold service then the keys are in the car, you just go straight to the car, the only human interaction is the security at the gate, they just check your id against the booking
What about when you drop off the car, do you just give the keys to the security and leave?

The location I'm picking up at said that I have to first go to the counter to sign and check in since its a smaller Hertz. Is the USAA code a safer bet? With USAA, if you say you left your card at home, how can they verify?

Thanks for the feedback.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lilslip33
What about when you drop off the car, do you just give the keys to the security and leave?

The location I'm picking up at said that I have to first go to the counter to sign and check in since its a smaller Hertz. Is the USAA code a safer bet? With USAA, if you say you left your card at home, how can they verify?

Thanks for the feedback.
I would not recommend using the employee rate at such a station, that might get messy.

Also I'm not totally sure what happens if there is an accident in terms of voiding the insurance coverage from either source.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I would not recommend using the employee rate at such a station, that might get messy.

Also I'm not totally sure what happens if there is an accident in terms of voiding the insurance coverage from either source.
What about using the USAA code thats posted on their site https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/Cont...ngAndDiscounts?

I just created an account on the USAA site (even though I don't have a parent or spouse in the military and its free to create an account for anyone else interested), so now I can use the USAA code legitimately, right?

Last edited by lilslip33; Mar 2, 2012 at 6:38 pm
Old Mar 3, 2012, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lilslip33
What about using the USAA code thats posted on their site https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/Cont...ngAndDiscounts?

I just created an account on the USAA site (even though I don't have a parent or spouse in the military and its free to create an account for anyone else interested), so now I can use the USAA code legitimately, right?
I have never been questioned about a 3rd party CDP, but a CDP that quotes HERTZ EMPLOYEE is a totally different animal.

You can use USAA, don't worry too much about it. As far as 'legitimate' goes... I have no idea what constitutes a membership with them.

Cheers!
Old Mar 4, 2012, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I have never been questioned about a 3rd party CDP, but a CDP that quotes HERTZ EMPLOYEE is a totally different animal.

You can use USAA, don't worry too much about it. As far as 'legitimate' goes... I have no idea what constitutes a membership with them.

Cheers!
If you have served in the military of have a parent who has served in the military you can become a member, especially if the person who has served in the military was a commissioned officer. I find their rates with Avis and Hertz to be some of the lowest.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by docr775
If you have served in the military of have a parent who has served in the military you can become a member,
Anyone can become a member, even if you never served and don't have a parent nor a spouse who served. It says on the USAA site that other individuals are still qualified to become members https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/why_...legacyPassDown (scroll down to the bottom of their page where it says "Other Individuals").

A direct quote from the that site, "discounts are available to other individuals."

If Hertz gives you a problem, all the evidence is there that you qualify for the USAA CDP. Its almost like a glitch in their system, and I found some other sites that advise their readrers to follow that same route: http://www.autoslash.com/blog-and-ti...l-through-usaa and http://mennodeals.com/2011/06/findin...old-or-anyone/

Last edited by lilslip33; Mar 4, 2012 at 1:01 pm
Old Mar 4, 2012, 1:12 pm

If your a gold member, can you use your gold member CDP and another CDP like the Big Savings CDP 1910304? Just asking because I'm considering becoming a Gold member.

Last edited by lilslip33; Mar 4, 2012 at 1:48 pm
Old Mar 6, 2012, 12:29 pm

if anyone has the friends and family or retiree 2012 code and wants to post it or PM it, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Anyone find these codes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.