Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz.com not working for 2-week reward rentals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2014, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold,WN CP, UAL Premier,HH Diamond, ChoicePriv Dmnd

I finally got enough points to rent a minivan for two weeks this summer. When I got on the website to book the rental, on the last page where you select payment information, there is a new dropdown box that allows you to select how many points you want to redeem for the rental. But the 8800 points for two free weeks is not listed, the most I can select is 4400 points for 1 free week.
Does anyone know how long this "feature" has been on the website? Today is the first time I have ever noticed it. Has anyone had any luck redeeming a 2 week rental using HGR points recently?

TIA
Old Apr 3, 2014, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by stlgriff
I finally got enough points to rent a minivan for two weeks this summer. When I got on the website to book the rental, on the last page where you select payment information, there is a new dropdown box that allows you to select how many points you want to redeem for the rental. But the 8800 points for two free weeks is not listed, the most I can select is 4400 points for 1 free week.
Does anyone know how long this "feature" has been on the website? Today is the first time I have ever noticed it. Has anyone had any luck redeeming a 2 week rental using HGR points recently?

TIA
At the home page, next to where you log in, click "my account" then click "use my points, then select specialty vehicles (Minivans included here I believe) t weeks (8-14 days) then hit submit at the bottom. This should generate and automatically insert a PC # to make the res free. Sometimes that doesn't work and you need to call Hertz reservations
Old Apr 3, 2014, 9:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glbl, Marriott Lftm Plat, National EE
Originally Posted by stlgriff
But the 8800 points for two free weeks is not listed, the most I can select is 4400 points for 1 free week.
TIA
I had the same issue last week- needed an SUV for our big summer vacation trip and despite having 10x enough points (and despite navigating through "use my points"), when I got to the end screen I did not have an option to redeem for 2 weeks. I was only shown "1 week for 4400 points plus a boatload of cash". Yes, the "use my points" link from "my account" shows that a 2 week rental for 8800 points should be an option, but you are never given that option when you actually initiate the transaction.

Relatively easy fix: call and book it with an agent. Went through fine. Still annoying that I had to wait until the next business day and speak to an agent for what should have been a straight-forward redemption...

Gloob
Old Aug 29, 2014, 9:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Similar problem. I have ~3000 points, looking to book a 1-week Premium car. The site will allow a 1-day or 2-day rental at 675 or 1350 points, but nothing more. I have had a rental this year: I don't believe any of my points are subject to expiration before the target award rental. Also does not appear to be a rental partly overlapping a blackout date...

I'm tempted to click first from the rewards list to generate a PC, but what happens if for some reason it isn't accepted? Do the points remain in my account until I finish the reservation using the PC?

I have no desire to phone Hertz. If it comes to that, I'll just rent from National.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
I understand this is an old thread and my info will not help the OP, but if somebody finds it googling for PC codes these days (like I did), they may find it useful:

Use the following PCs when starting your reservation:

PC 956760: Specialty Vehicles Free Weekly Rental - Standard Reward 4400 points
PC 172255: Specialty Vehicles 2 Free Weeks of 8-14 Days - Standard Reward 8800 points

(both tested and working today)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.