Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2012, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by am1108
Is the Hertz website having problems??? Usually Once you go through the booking process there will be a "Submit" button below the Estimated total.

After you reserve the car with the XCT1/FRDM rate quote, Then you will go back and Modify the reservation and then add the PC#135892 to get a lower rate. Although on a different thread IIRC there have been reports of Hertz not honoring the rate when you mix the XCT1/FRDM RQ and the PC#135892 quote ( See this Post ).
thanks! worked for me
Old Oct 16, 2012, 2:24 pm

Programs: National Exec, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, AAdvantage Gold
Hertz Coupons and Discount Discussion

Nothing gold can stay

But let's be honest, even FRDM standalone is a pretty good deal. It's still half off the normal rates I can get at my HLE for instance.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 4:34 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Originally Posted by jzweighaft
You can no longer combine a PC with the XCT1/FRDM rate quote. It's not exactly a problem -- it's more like we've been caught

-J.
This happens all the time. Hertz is actively monitoring FT. Everything we say to each other we are saying to Hertz.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 1:07 am

Programs: DL Ham Samich
First time poster in the hertz section:

I have a need to secure a Chevy Equinox or Larger car October 22-24. Is there a way I can take advantage of my status to buy a cheaper car in expectation of receiving a larger one? Also, I am (rightfully) using my USAA CDP mostly for my age, are there any PC codes to go along with it right now?

Much thanks
Old Oct 17, 2012, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Rut Dog
This happens all the time. Hertz is actively monitoring FT. Everything we say to each other we are saying to Hertz.
Well as long as they don't read the drunk thread on OMNI...

Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
First time poster in the hertz section:

I have a need to secure a Chevy Equinox or Larger car October 22-24. Is there a way I can take advantage of my status to buy a cheaper car in expectation of receiving a larger one? Also, I am (rightfully) using my USAA CDP mostly for my age, are there any PC codes to go along with it right now?

Much thanks
In regards to 5*, you are not guaranteed an upgrade (it's based on availability and the general mood of the staff that day) and I would not count on receiving one (i.e., book the minimum car class that you need). In terms of USAA, they generally treat us well (I'm USAA too ) and usually I get an upgrade; again, don't count on it though. Where are you renting? That perhaps has the most influence on what you will receive (airport vs. HLE vs. franchise). In regards to PCs, you're renting in the middle of the week, so unfortunately there really aren't that many. You can try PC# 173515, which would save you $5 a day on a minimum 2-day reservation; however, I last used it in September and I don't know when it expires -- also, it can only be used at HLEs.

-J.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 4:37 pm

Will be renting at ATL from 9/8-9/11. Please give me any discount code.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1st Day free on 3-day weekend Rental (AAA)

https://offer.hertz.com/offers/index...a.jsp&id=24966

Now AAA members get the first day FREE on a three-day weekend rental plus your regular AAA discount. Valid on any vehicle through December 31, 2012 at any participating location in the U.S.

Terms and Conditions:

• Advance reservations required and must include your AAA CDP#, along with the PC# for this offer.
• Blackouts may apply.
• Subject to availability, this offer is redeemable at participating Hertz locations in the U.S.
• This offer has no cash value, may not be used with Pre-pay Rates, Tour Rates or Insurance Replacement Rates and may only be used with a AAA CDP#. No other CDP#, certificate, voucher, offer or promotion applies.
• Three day minimum keep required, and Saturday night keep required.
• Hertz age, driver, credit and weekend rate qualifications for the renting location apply.
• Taxes, tax reimbursement, age differential charges, fees and optional service charges, such as refueling, are not included.
• Discounts apply to time and mileage charges only.
• Discounts in local currency on redemption.
• At the time of rental, present your AAA membership card or Hertz-AAA Discount Card for identification.
• Offer valid for vehicle pickup through 12-31-12 using PC#173250 and CDP# 5.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Save $5 per day, up to $35, on a weekly or weekend rental when you include PC# 175696 in your reservation.
Apparently "Promotion Coupon - this Promotion Coupon cannot be booked online. Please "Contact Us" [NRX117]"
Old Nov 3, 2012, 4:41 am

I'd still like to know if the person who manages www.zipada.com is on FT.

No conflict here; the site is great, and I just want to say hi.

Originally Posted by Rut Dog
Is this site run by one of you? http://zipada.com/

It's a surprisingly clean site with all the latest Hertz deals, and no ads!

Then only way they seem to be making money is by plugging in their CDP, which you can always change. And they aren't really making money, just a free day for every 8 days rented.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Save Up to $100 on a Hertz Prestige Collection or Hertz Adrenaline Collection vehicle, when PC# 174296 is included in your reservation.

Save $20 a day, up to $100, on a Prestige Collection or Adrenaline Collection vehicle rental when you include PC# 174296 in your reservation.

Standard T&Cs apply; minimum age for Prestige Collection and Adrenaline Collection is 25 (YMMV -- but don't be surprised if you're not 25 and they tell you no). Valid through December 31, 2012.

-J.
Seeing code 168604 here http://www.hertz.com/rentacar/q-10166674/save-up-to-$100-on-prestige-or-adrenaline-rental-special-offer

Says Expiry January 31, 2013 but I can't seem to get it to stick to a January rental
Old Nov 3, 2012, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by docbert
Apparently "Promotion Coupon - this Promotion Coupon cannot be booked online. Please "Contact Us" [NRX117]"
I did not get this error booking HLE, 1 week, in December.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 3:10 pm

I've never understood why the ski special isn't valid in Portland, Oregon.

Last edited by Rut Dog; Nov 7, 2012 at 4:53 pm
Old Nov 8, 2012, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by docbert
If your booking parameters meet those specified per code (in this case, weekend OR weekly), then try submitting the booking without the code, then "edit" when the car selection page appears. It worked for me this way.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 9:05 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by savekenny
If your booking parameters meet those specified per code (in this case, weekend OR weekly), then try submitting the booking without the code, then "edit" when the car selection page appears. It worked for me this way.
You can also book via Travelocity. It will always work there. You can enter any combination of CDP Code, PC Code, #1 Club ID. Easy way to get around Hertz's neutered website. :P
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:32 pm

I am impressed, in the past Hertz desk not ONE time ever recognized the rate I reserved the car at if using one of these coupons, I always had to have the printed reservation to prove it, but now they have gone even one better, they had a rate increase so instead of changing my rate they put me in a car 3 levels lower than what I reserved, wow...

Simply amazing, do all car rental agencies always screw you?

I am on the phone now to see if I will get my original rate back, thankfully I printed the reservation, because I learned my lesson with Hertz...

I dont use other companies cuz hertz is the only one with fancier cars to choose from...but wow, how damn corrupt can you get

They say they are fixing it, but it wasnt a mistake, they had a rate increase and figured they could get the new rate out of me...

oops, no, she lied to me, did NOT send me email with the fix and did NOT fix it online, wow...wow wow wow

put this in wrong place, sorry, but yes, she said she would email something i could print with the revised correct figure on it, she did NOT do that nor is it changed on line...

i assume this is done to everyone who deals with hertz, but you would think more would complain about it, guess n

Last edited by randys1; Nov 15, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.