Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by jzweighaft
Just following up: this CDP now shows on the Whiz Kidz PC list that Rut Dog and AutoSlash mentioned, so I'm guessing you don't need any kind of backup for this PC

This may be one of the best PCs of the season. Way to go chemist661 ^

-J.
It was accepted without any question on my return at LAX today. In fact, the way the system now works you'll know if the coupon is accepted at the time of rental not the end. Everything including the coupon amount and final total to the penny is revealed on the contract when you leave the gate now.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by CalItalian
It was accepted without any question on my return at LAX today. In fact, the way the system now works you'll know if the coupon is accepted at the time of rental not the end. Everything including the coupon amount and final total to the penny is revealed on the contract when you leave the gate now.
I like that idea So I'll know how much I'm paying when I pick up my car on Saturday, not after my dad returns it next Tuesday.

-J.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 2:52 am

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw above that other people are having issues as well.

I anybody else getting every PC denied right now? Promotion Coupon - this Promotion Coupon cannot be booked online. Please "Contact Us" [NRX117]

I saw some mention here that they've changed their site, but to refuse ever PC thrown at them...?
Old Aug 16, 2012, 9:07 am

Anybody have code for Hertz in Europe? I need it for 4 days rental. Thanks.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 7:39 am

Is it possible to stack a PC and RQ together? When I try to use PC, I don't get the RQ rate. The website is terrible!
Old Aug 23, 2012, 8:42 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by harry0233
Is it possible to stack a PC and RQ together? When I try to use PC, I don't get the RQ rate. The website is terrible!
I tired it with the weekend special and a standard $ off pc and it would not work. With National you can use a $ off coupon with a last minute special. Just a FYI.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by harry0233
Originally Posted by KevinMD
I tired it with the weekend special and a standard $ off pc and it would not work. With National you can use a $ off coupon with a last minute special. Just a FYI.
The website is doing what it's supposed to do. The conditions of the weekend special/Freedom rates (RQ FRDM) specifically state you cannot combine it with any other promotions (i.e. a PC). You can however still get a CDP discount and benefits.

-J.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 1:56 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
I've given up on RQ's. They never work for me. My razor: find the best PC and the CDP that works with it.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Rut Dog
I've given up on RQ's. They never work for me. My razor: find the best PC and the CDP that works with it.
The Freedom rate is a pretty good deal and an easy way to get those last few rentals you need in to make status. There are a whole bunch of rules associated with them though. Here's the important info:

• Offer not valid at locations in the New York metropolitan area, Hawaii, and possibly California ("Rates do not apply in CA; please call for comparable rates." )
  • Rental must begin at or after 12:00 noon on Thursday and must begin no later than 11:59pm on Sunday
  • Vehicle must be returned by 11:59pm Monday evening
  • Thursday and Friday pickups require a Friday night keep
  • Offer only valid for Economy (A/ECAR) and Compact (B/CCAR) vehicles
  • Offer cannot be combined with any promotion (i.e., a PC)
  • ...but you can still use your favorite CDP!
  • Offer valid from August 21st through November 15th, 2012

-J.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 2:11 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Definitely works for some: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...r-special.html
Old Aug 23, 2012, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by SocialAdept
I anybody else getting every PC denied right now? Promotion Coupon - this Promotion Coupon cannot be booked online. Please "Contact Us" [NRX117]
Make sure your reservation page is showing the correct street address for your rental location. The above 'Promotion Coupon' error code shows up for me when their system fails to update the choice of rental location.

Example: I put in a city name, the system gives me 3 address choices, I make my choice. Unfortunately, the system doesn't update the reservation page, so the error code shows up. When I type in - or cut and paste - the specific street address (exactly like their system would usually show it), the error message disappears.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 3:14 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by blue888
Make sure your reservation page is showing the correct street address for your rental location. The above 'Promotion Coupon' error code shows up for me when their system fails to update the choice of rental location.

Example: I put in a city name, the system gives me 3 address choices, I make my choice. Unfortunately, the system doesn't update the reservation page, so the error code shows up. When I type in - or cut and paste - the specific street address (exactly like their system would usually show it), the error message disappears.
Thank you so much for the tip ! I was stuck by this error and couldn't do anything about it.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 4:59 am

Programs: Airline/TSA Avoidance Platinum, Hotel Disloyalty Silver, Hertz 1.7*
Originally Posted by jzweighaft
The Freedom rate is a pretty good deal and an easy way to get those last few rentals you need in to make status. There are a whole bunch of rules associated with them though. Here's the important info:

• Offer not valid at locations in the New York metropolitan area, Hawaii, and possibly California ("Rates do not apply in CA; please call for comparable rates." )
  • Rental must begin at or after 12:00 noon on Thursday and must begin no later than 11:59pm on Sunday
  • Vehicle must be returned by 11:59pm Monday evening
  • Thursday and Friday pickups require a Friday night keep
  • Offer only valid for Economy (A/ECAR) and Compact (B/CCAR) vehicles
  • Offer cannot be combined with any promotion (i.e., a PC)
  • ...but you can still use your favorite CDP!
  • Offer valid from August 21st through November 15th, 2012

-J.
Where do these terms come from? When I look at the Weekender Special link which has the FRDM RQ as its basis, it says you need to rent Friday-Monday. I have a Thursday-Monday coming up and it won't actually work for that it seems. Not that the rate I'm getting is awful, but I'm wondering where the discrepancy is and how I can get it to work if it's supposed to work for Thursdays.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 5:07 am

Programs: Airline/TSA Avoidance Platinum, Hotel Disloyalty Silver, Hertz 1.7*
BTW, interesting result of web site:

Put in FRDM RQ and most CDPs or none and I get a red text terms issue/non-participation notice. If I have the AAA CDP in (looks like just AAA), I do NOT get a red text rejection notice but still don't get any $14.99 rates. Heh. Just noting the inconsistent behavior of the site in that case.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by CrazyOne
BTW, interesting result of web site:

Put in FRDM RQ and most CDPs or none and I get a red text terms issue/non-participation notice. If I have the AAA CDP in (looks like just AAA), I do NOT get a red text rejection notice but still don't get any $14.99 rates. Heh. Just noting the inconsistent behavior of the site in that case.
The Hertz site is acting like it is on "drugs". For the weekender rate (putting "frdm" in the RQ box), it is acting very inconsistent. I can get it to work when I put in no CDP or a couple different ones with little or no discount. (non AAA codes)

When I put in the AAA CDP that discounts the rate by 10%, it gives me the following: 1. Error codes 2. Vehicles (expensive ones such as SUV, Minivan, performance, Prem/Luxury, etc when I ask for compact/midsize. 3. The frdm disappears when pulling up the rate. After numerous tries, I may get it to work.

I had alot of problems since the changeover.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.