Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz Weekender Special

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Thumbs up Hertz Weekender Special

Renting out of ORD this weekend... Just went to check for the last time if I could get a better rate and found this promo:

Hertz Weekender Special

Drive away with this special Weekend Deal from Hertz. Enjoy a great rate of $14.99 per day on an economy or compact car when you rent from Friday through Monday at select participating airport or neighborhood locations.
Cut my rental cost buy 40%

This is good from August 21 to November 15.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:50 pm

Programs: AA Plat, WN CP, Elevate Silver, AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum, National Exec
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by as219
Renting out of ORD this weekend... Just went to check for the last time if I could get a better rate and found this promo:

Cut my rental cost buy 40%

This is good from August 21 to November 15.

Thanks for sharing. I already booked a couple rentals with this deal.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 7:29 am

Thanks for the heads up! I had a rental in DC for this weekend that was about $81...now it's $49
Old Aug 27, 2012, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat, WN CP, Elevate Silver, AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum, National Exec
Terms Change?

I am glad that I booked a couple rentals right when this promo came out. It appears that the terms changed or the promo is limited as when I try to book the same days already booked, the price is much higher.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Mix it with the AA CDP and/or CP 135892 ($10 off/day) and you can get some very good deals. Got a compact already booked this weekend for a little over $3/day + extras.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by docbert
Mix it with the AA CDP and/or CP 135892 ($10 off/day) and you can get some very good deals. Got a compact already booked this weekend for a little over $3/day + extras.
This is brilliant. I had been striking out with my usual coupons so I was beginning to think it wasn't stackable.

2-day rental this weekend for $4.99/day ($20.20 all-in thanks to airport fees).

Tough to beat!
Old Aug 28, 2012, 1:29 pm

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Originally Posted by docbert
=======================================
TYSM for sharing this.

You can also use this CDP at the HLE locations even though you most likely won't receive the $14.99 to discount. They pick you up and you don't have to spend your gas and time to get to the airport. However, you will sidestep those pesky applicable airport facilitation/arena fees. My two day rental is $26.xx total. I can live with that!
Old Aug 28, 2012, 2:21 pm

Wait are you guys serious. How are you guys combining the two? Everytime I try to combine the rate code with a pc 135892 it will give me a higher rate then the 14.99 but will take off 10 dollars a day but if i take off the pc code then it will let me rent for 14.99 a day on the weekend. I can not use both at same time.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yeah same here, I tried combining for a weekend rental in LAS but it changes the rate from 13.49/day to 49/day.

EDIT: Nevermind, got it to work. Had to go back and apply the coupon after I made the initial reservation and it works

Last edited by rylan; Aug 29, 2012 at 5:42 am
Old Aug 29, 2012, 5:44 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Originally Posted by rylan
Yeah same here, I tried combining for a weekend rental in LAS but it changes the rate from 13.49/day to 49/day.
I would try to make the reservation using the frdm rate. The Hertz site is quite "buggy". When the reservation posts into your Hertz account (I am assuming you are Hertz Gold member), then modify clicking on the box "keep original rate plan" and adding the coupon. That worked for me.

Make sure the "frdm" stays in the RQ box. If not, add the frdm back in the RQ box. Hertz tends to loses the frdm with any modification. Keep an "eye" on the frdm code to make sure it keeps throughout the reservation.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 5:53 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Originally Posted by YYZC2
This is brilliant. I had been striking out with my usual coupons so I was beginning to think it wasn't stackable.

2-day rental this weekend for $4.99/day ($20.20 all-in thanks to airport fees).

Tough to beat!
I was able to get a 3 day weekend compact reservation @ORD with their very high taxes/fees for $52ai. (mostly taxes )

Combining that with the PC Pointsbreak hotel for 2 nights plus this car rental for the Chicago Seminars (both hotel/car are refundable^)
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:31 pm

Thanks you guys. you guys are the freakin best.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yeah, gotta love a 3 day weekend rental for 38.14 all in, most of which are facility charges/fees. Car is 3.49/day with the coupon. lol
Old Aug 31, 2012, 5:55 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Hertz 5*
I've tried making a couple of dummy bookings with this code at random airport locations but I always get the same rate as if I didnt use the code. Is there anything special I need to do to get it to work?
Old Sep 6, 2012, 3:43 pm

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Here are the steps I took:

1. CDP: AAA code (look up your club number for the discount). Mine is "14".

2. PC: 135892 (Promotional Coupon)

3. RQ: FRDM (Rate Code)

HTH!

Update: I do most rentals at the HLE. This did not work at the APO on an upcoming trip. I only did steps 1 and 2 OR 1 and 3 for about the same cost $30.xx w/taxes.

Last edited by jan_believes; Sep 10, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.