Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

Speeding ticket in France over 90 days old – letter with fixed fine never arrived.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speeding ticket in France over 90 days old – letter with fixed fine never arrived.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2017, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, BA, SPG, Marriott, Visa Infinite, WEMC, AXPL
Well, I am not disputing that it is my responsibility to pay and I am willing to do that, but it is a responsibility of authorities to provide a mechanism of payment. All my mail is received at the business address and sorted by a secretary. It is very unlikely that they ever sent a second notification I was waiting for, unless it was mishandled by a postal service.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, BA, SPG, Marriott, Visa Infinite, WEMC, AXPL
And if they actually failed to send a second notice on time - this is braking a procedure established by law as I understand. All the payment codes in original letter are worthless now. No answer from embassy btw. Will try to call Ministry of Economy tomorrow.
Old May 4, 2017, 1:08 am

Any possibility of visiting the French consulate in New York in person ... might help clear things up a bit more quickly?
Old May 4, 2017, 3:43 am

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
Originally Posted by Alsacienne
Any possibility of visiting the French consulate in New York in person ... might help clear things up a bit more quickly?
Generally one does not discuss anything with a consulate without an appointment and traffic fines are really not the consulate´s area of expertise.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Silver
I seem to receive a radar camera speeding fine about once every two years. Last July I received one in downtown Versailles. I was debited the 30€ service charge by Europcar very quickly, but I did not receive the fine itself until... November. Don't know why, and it was not increased for late payment, because they were the ones who were late sending it to me. I have never had to wait for a fine for so long and I had even written a letter to Europcar to begin disputing their 'imaginary' charge when the actual fine finally arrived.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 5:09 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by kerouac2
Don't know why, and it was not increased for late payment, because they were the ones who were late sending it to me.
Depends on where you live. If you reside in Europe, the fines get send relatively quickly. Last time (and so far only time) I got a fine for speeding in France, they had my European address and it arrived within a fortnight.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 1:02 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Silver
That's what I'm used to as well since I live in Paris. But that last one went into administrative limbo for some reason.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.