Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Flyertalk Cares
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 4, 12, 7:33 pm   #1021
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: mountains of western NC
Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Posts: 4,125
Write a TripAdvisor report and get a free $25 Kiva loan.

http://www.kiva.org/updates/kiva/201...st-to-you.html

Hat tip to canucklehead on Milepoint.
__________________
Gratitude is a wonderful attitude.
onthego15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 12, 12:03 pm   #1022
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Florida
Programs: Plans=59, TCC=143, MTP=225, C-Cards=26+, D-Cards=8+, Miles in Inventory=2.25M+
Posts: 3,844
In currently with 7 loans in Paraguay and Columbia.

Last edited by AlohaDaveKennedy; Jan 30, 13 at 6:17 am.
AlohaDaveKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 12, 8:44 pm   #1023
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: LAX
Programs: AA EXP, DL PLT, UA 1P, SPG Gold
Posts: 415
Proud to have just joined the FlyerTalkers team on Kiva!

Having traveled quite extensively to many of the countries heavily represented on Kiva, thanks in big part to FlyerTalk, giving something back and enabling people to succeed is the least we can do.
iridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 12, 9:32 pm   #1024
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan, Mileage Run & Manufactured Spending
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: YEG
Posts: 40,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthego15 View Post
Write a TripAdvisor report and get a free $25 Kiva loan.

http://www.kiva.org/updates/kiva/201...st-to-you.html

Hat tip to canucklehead on Milepoint.
Thanks for sharing it here and submitted a review of a local restaurant so hope it works.
__________________
Please consider sponsoring me in the Alberta Cancer Foundation's 2015 Underwear Affair to raise money to fight cancers below the waist. To donate click here.
tcook052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 12, 9:34 pm   #1025
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Brooklyn
Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Posts: 935
Quote:
Originally Posted by iridge View Post
Proud to have just joined the FlyerTalkers team on Kiva!

Having traveled quite extensively to many of the countries heavily represented on Kiva, thanks in big part to FlyerTalk, giving something back and enabling people to succeed is the least we can do.
Welcome to the team!
brooklynmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 12, 8:59 am   #1026
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: LAX
Programs: AA EXP, DL PLT, UA 1P, SPG Gold
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynmatt View Post
Welcome to the team!
Thank you! Officially in for the team! +$150 over 4 loans spread around the globe.
iridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 12, 11:31 am   #1027
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New York, NY USA
Posts: 283
Credits are starting to come in today.

Added to a couple of loans already credited to the FlyerTalk team that are still fundraising.

Gemma
Alphonsine
wildblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 12, 3:45 pm   #1028
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: MEL, Australia
Posts: 4,715
Other loan by FT members that are still raising funds http://www.kiva.org/team/flyertalker...us=fundRaising
Now I only add to other FT Kiva loans
__________________
Join the FT Kiva team
Mwenenzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 12, 7:12 pm   #1029
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan, Mileage Run & Manufactured Spending
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: YEG
Posts: 40,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcook052 View Post
Thanks for sharing it here and submitted a review of a local restaurant so hope it works.
Sadly have not received the anticipated email from Tripadvisor regarding this Kiva promotion so perhaps this is a U.S. only offer.
__________________
Please consider sponsoring me in the Alberta Cancer Foundation's 2015 Underwear Affair to raise money to fight cancers below the waist. To donate click here.
tcook052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 12, 12:29 pm   #1030
Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: BOS
Programs: AA EXP
Posts: 7,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by iridge View Post
Proud to have just joined the FlyerTalkers team on Kiva!
Welcome to the team!!

I went on a loaning spree a few days ago when repayments started rolling in. If I feel frisky this afternoon, I may add a few more.

Number of Team Members: 344
Number of Loans: 9,021
Total Amount Loaned: $315,700
__________________
Join the FT Kiva team!
JY1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 12, 1:12 pm   #1031
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Posts: 23,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by JY1024 View Post
Welcome to the team!!

I went on a loaning spree a few days ago when repayments started rolling in. If I feel frisky this afternoon, I may add a few more.

Number of Team Members: 344
Number of Loans: 9,021
Total Amount Loaned: $315,700
For some reason, Kiva will not load when I'm at work. I know I have repayments, but I'm not able to do anything in regards to it.
__________________
The church is near but the road is icy, the bar is far but I will walk carefully”
--Russian Proverb
kipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 12, 11:10 pm   #1032
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan, Mileage Run & Manufactured Spending
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: YEG
Posts: 40,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
For some reason, Kiva will not load when I'm at work. I know I have repayments, but I'm not able to do anything in regards to it.
Works for me.

I hope to be able to make some new loans this holiday season and have been encouraging family, friends & co-workers to do the same as it's these annual milestones that remind me how lucky I am.
__________________
Please consider sponsoring me in the Alberta Cancer Foundation's 2015 Underwear Affair to raise money to fight cancers below the waist. To donate click here.
tcook052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 12, 10:50 am   #1033
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: mountains of western NC
Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Posts: 4,125
Here is a very interesting new loan, which will provide funding for the repair and expansion of a community water distribution system in a small city in Paraguay:
http://www.kiva.org/lend/511049
__________________
Gratitude is a wonderful attitude.
onthego15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 12, 8:41 am   #1034
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Near PHL, PA, USA and GCM, CI, BWI.....
Programs: US-Gold, DL-Plat, Starwood-Gold
Posts: 227
Down to the last 16% needed.....

Here's a new one that is close to fully funded.

It supports a group of women in Bolivia who are running micobusinesses to support their families and improve their lives.

I just rolled over $100 of my received payments into this project and I hope other FlyerTalkers will consider supporting it as well.

http://www.kiva.org/lend/504153
PhillyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 12, 6:50 pm   #1035
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Posts: 23,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFive View Post
Here's a new one that is close to fully funded.

It supports a group of women in Bolivia who are running micobusinesses to support their families and improve their lives.

I just rolled over $100 of my received payments into this project and I hope other FlyerTalkers will consider supporting it as well.

http://www.kiva.org/lend/504153
Donated $50 towards it, for my MIL's Christmas present.
__________________
The church is near but the road is icy, the bar is far but I will walk carefully”
--Russian Proverb
kipper is online now   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 5:51 pm.