FlyerTalker Lending Team on Kiva.org!

Subscribe
Over 1,000 new loan requests showed up on KIVA overnight. Lots of new places and places to make a difference (e.g. Haiti, Afghanistan). Might be a good time for new members and existing members to add a few loans.
Impact of FlyerTalkers Lending Team
Kiva Lending Team: FlyerTalkers

Number of Team Members 38

Number of Loans 117

Number of Loans per Member 3.08

Total Amount Loaned $3,525.00

*Updated as of Apr 07, 2009 09:11 pm
I made another one today. Just looking around, there are no Education or Health fundraising projects. Those are the ones I would personally give more to than others.

I need to add, that there are no current fund raising for Education and/or Health but have been, most in the repayment phase.
For some reason I had not seen this thread before. Count me in to the group. I've just linked my fourth loan to the FT "club".
Goodonya, Craig! especially for the four loans, of course.

Quote: For some reason I had not seen this thread before. Count me in to the group. I've just linked my fourth loan to the FT "club".
As of April 15 (Tax Day!) 2009

Number of Team Members: 39
Number of Loans: 120
Number of Loans per Member: 3.08
Total Amount Loaned: $3,600.00
*Updated as of Apr 15, 2009 07:41 am
Thanks to JDiver for alerting me to FlyerTalk's decision to officially approve Kiva as an FT charity. That status is now reflected in the group description.

If you haven't already, join the FlyerTalkers Kiva team and make a small loan through the team:

http://www.kiva.org/team/flyertalker...2a60d4d&_te=tr

Let's push the group over 100 members or $5,000 loaned by December!
Hi, captain boulderlaw! We've made such great progress this year, I am hoping we can double your goal , even in this weak economy. We can dream, can't we? From ten members lending $1,375at the end of February to today's 40 lending team members / $3,600 is most encouraging!

But we are just 1/3 the way down 2009, with such great events coming up as Thanksgiving (not to mention birthdays, anniversaries, memorials, etc.) to use as incentives or vehicles for lending and giving back a bit for all we have to be thankful for.
just joined and made a loan
How long does it take for loans to show up? I just joined and made two loans. Paypal shows that the loans were made. Kiva shows me as not having made any, and still has the two groups in my basket.
Quote: How long does it take for loans to show up? I just joined and made two loans. Paypal shows that the loans were made. Kiva shows me as not having made any, and still has the two groups in my basket.
There was about a 2 hour lag between making payment and the loans showing up for me today.
Maybe I did set our goal of $5,000 loaned a little too low:

As of April 22 (one week since our last update),

Number of Team Members

Number of Loans

Number of Loans per Member

Total Amount Loaned
$3,925.00

Help push us over the top by recruiting a friend or making a loan. Every dollar and team member gets us that much closer.
I joined the team today too. Time to make some loans.
Goodonya, dartagnan! And SanDiego1K shows three loans now.

Capt. boulderlaw, we are on the way - maybe to $5,000 by July 1? Now, that would be a great achievement for FT lending team members!
That sounds about right.

We are growing thanks to members like you.

Some observations:

o One new FT team member (maybe you!) already has 81 loans - (most prior to joining,) and I have to say that is IMPRESSIVE and displays a real commitment to help others. :-:

o One member has a link to this page in his Lender Profile - great idea! ^ Now I've added the link to this page to my lender profile as well; thanks for the idea!

o We're at $4,200 loaned this morning!

At May 1, our stats are now:

FlyerTalkers
Number of Team Members: 47
Number of Loans: 141
Number of Loans per Member: 3.0
Total Amount Loaned: $4,200.00

Quote: There was about a 2 hour lag between making payment and the loans showing up for me today.
This is a wonderful idea.

I'm joining the team today.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  13  53