Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 31, 2017, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: intuition
If you have suggestions for a wiki to be included in this sticky, post it in the thread.
If you have suggestion for a topic that does not exist to be include in this sticky, write that wiki, then post here!
Regarding the graphic parts of this wiki, suggestions, outlines and full-fledged icons are welcome.
Print Wikipost

The Finnair Forum Dashboard

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2017, 3:42 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
The Finnair Forum Dashboard

For general info and oddities, see this section!

So are you looking for flights now? Here are items needed to scratch that itch!

You know you need to go there, but how can you make the best of it?

Flying would be nothing without the onboard experience. Literally.

Last edited by intuition; Oct 5, 2021 at 1:43 pm Reason: Premium lounge link updated
Old Jul 31, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
I think you did the lounge icon wrong.
Fix:
Attached Images  
Old Jul 31, 2017, 7:31 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Lol, indeed!

Maybe all threads could be represented with that icon, as a nice seat and a free drink consumed in comfy clothes is vital to the Finnair experience!

I guess this is the part where we release the thread for opinions. Look at OP and the wiki as there are some subtle differences. Also look at it from different browsers and platforms.
And before wishing for things, remember that control over layout is extremely limited.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 12:50 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by cistavoda
I think you did the lounge icon wrong.
Fix:
That chair even looks just like the one in the lounge!
Old Aug 1, 2017, 2:28 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

A lot of alterations and addendum have been made to original post. The intended structure is more visible now.
Comments on the design are welcome, for example if something looks especially good or bad on a certain platform (not that we have any powers over the forum skins though)
Old Aug 2, 2017, 12:20 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Great initiative, guys, many thanks 👍
Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:01 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Good stuff.

Some random observations. On my laptop, I prefer slightly smaller icons in Section 2 to those in Section 1. Also, at least on my phone all the icons in Sections 1 & 2 line up vertically in one column, so size does not play a big role. Icons in Section 3 line in two columns when browsing with my phone (Samsung S6+), I can see them all very well. Section 4 gets a bit too busy, as intuition himself points out. Section 6-F looks nice on my laptop, but you are right, on the phone it gets all weird.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 7:55 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Great work! I'm not too familiar with the Dashboard concept, but I guess that if the average FTer is more web-savvy than I am, this Dashboard could save us from quite a bunch of new topics from first time AY-fliers.

I, too, find the Section 2 icons of good size. My iPhone shows three of them in a row (desktop version; mobile version shows 1/row) and my laptop 4–5 depending on what size the browser window is.

As for topics, I wonder if it were a good idea to have a section for destination-related topics, like a LHR or a SIN topic. There are often questions about check-in desk opening times, lounges etc that relate to a specific destination.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:25 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Dashboards also have the advantage that you don't need to sticky many threads. As soon as you sticky some 3-5 threads, people get banner-blindness and don't read them. Also, like seen on some fora, making 10 threads sticky clogs up the forum frontpage.
With a dashboard, you can sticky one thread and get people to click into it and from there find all basics.

The intended selection of topics so far is based on what things that already are wikis (ie threads that has some volume and where someone has had energy to start collecting highlights in a wiki). I do find destination topics an interesting angle on the dashboard, but there currently are no wikis or major threads about it AFAIK. Also, one must make sure such threads are about AY specific things at that destination, so we don't infringe on the general destinations forum.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 11:28 am
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Um, this is awesome.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 4:29 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Pinging the community.

As lkrt got back from HKG et al. the other day and I am going there tomorrow this was a perfect time to update the OP with the new graphic lkrt has been working on.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 5:16 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Wow! You guys are doing a great job putting this together!
Old Aug 30, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Thumbs up

Awesome work here! ^

I am also proud that you have included my fare class tutorial there too. Had to laugh for myself
Old Aug 30, 2017, 9:08 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
This looks very good!
Old Aug 30, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
What a great job you guys have done! Wow!

I especially like the See you in HEL icon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.