Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OH-LGG
To be updated for the new cabin interiors!

Current fleet and entry date & updated cabin:
  • OH-LTM: 2009-03-26, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTN: 2009-04-24
  • OH-LTO: 2009-05-15, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTP: 2009-06-18, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTR: 2009-12-18, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTS: 2010-02-11, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTT: 2010-04-15, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTU: 2010-11-26, new J & PE cabin

Seating (old cabin)
J/45 Y/218: Features 2 J cabins. 1 bird (LTN) has this config

Complete seatmap and layout of config 1 can be found here and config 2 is here.

Business Class (old cabin) features Vantage (built by Zodiac UK on license) full-flat bed seats in a staggered layout, alternating 2-2-1 and 1-2-1 abreast. Config1 has two business class cabins, row 1-7 and 8-10.
Preferred seats depends on your preferences. Some prefers minicabin for its smaller size, but beware that economy boards through the mini cabin and are seated immediately behind a thin wall after row 10.
Even A seats (2A/4A/6A/8A) enjoys 2 side tables and are nicknamed throne seats and are loved for their exclusive private feel by kids and adults. They do however have narrow footwells.
L seats are also single seats, with even rows (2L/4L/...) having the side table on the aisle side, making the seat slightly more private and odd rows (1L/3L/...) having side table on the window side making aisle access extremely easy (esp 1L) and better feet space.
All paired seats are good for couples travelling together. Do note that 1AC/3AC/5AC/7AC shares one side table, while DH seats each have their own side table.

Economy Comfort on A333 has similar seats as plain economy, but with a adjustable headrest and ≈4" inches more legroom. They also come with noise cancelling headphones, 1h internet, priority boarding and a small amenity kit.
Finnair platinums and OWE members can select these seats for free. (OWE must call to do so). Other passengers can buy comfort seats for a fee, and seats are also sold after boarding.
Economy comfort is row 21-25 on both configs, but due to effects when retrofitting the cabin, there are major differences in cabin layout.

To find best seat, you first need to identify what airplane you are on, which can be done by analysing your seat map as suggested in this post.

Economy Class features 2-4-2 abreast slimline seating with 32" pitch. The best seats are row 41 with most legroom on A/C/J/L, but do notice that 41D/H are baby bassinet seats.
These are either labled "extra legroom" or "exit row" in the seat map and are selectable with status or for a fee.
Economy cabin offers USB for charge - no AC outlets.

In-Flight Entertainment
You will have Bose noise-cancelling earphones in business class and in Economy comfort, and earplugs in economy class.

Wifi: All A333 have Wifi. To redeem free access if eligible, you will need to enter your surname and seat number on the login page, otherwise it costs you 7,95€ per hour, 11,95€ per three hours or 19,95€ for the whole flight. It may take some time until up in the air to get it started.

Print Wikipost

Finnair A330 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2016, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Finnair A330 master thread

Not just for A350, I found a need to have a thread for the many details in various threads regarding A330 fleet information.

Right now I spent a lot of time to find THIS ONE to find the Y+ seat configuration depending on the many A330 versions Finnair has. Thanks to intuition for that map! ^^

Hopefully we can gather here the many tips and make a WIKI. First I thought that map done by intuition should be a sticky somewhere, but at least hopefully this thread would do the work.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 11:21 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Yeah, amazing guy that intution!
If anyone wants to thank him personally, I know for a matter of fact that every now and then he is in need of B&B (Beer and bed) when he is stranded in HEL due to no late connections to CPH!

Seriously, that chart might look even more amazing to you when I tell you that I never ever have been in the economy section of any Finnair widebody. OK, OH-LGG lured me in once on LTN to try the lie-fat seat, but that was at most 10 minutes and not even on row 21.

Anyway, I'll try to monitor this thread and if there are changes to configs I might release a updated chart.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: AY+ Gold (OWS)
How is row 1, and specifically seats A/C on AY A330? Good for a couple or shall I pick middle seats? And what about exit row seats 41A/C on the A330 with the small biz class. They can be picked free by AY+ Gold - good seats or bad seats?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by deissi
Good for a couple
What is good for couple anyway?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by deissi
How is row 1, and specifically seats A/C on AY A330? Good for a couple or shall I pick middle seats? And what about exit row seats 41A/C on the A330 with the small biz class. They can be picked free by AY+ Gold - good seats or bad seats?
At least I like 1A&C when travelling with my SO. I'm a window seat guy, so 1A is my preference, but other than having the window, there's not much difference compared to the middle seats.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 11:58 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
What is good for couple anyway?
Last time Paula and I flew to BKK on different carriers!
Old Jan 16, 2017, 8:20 am

2A, 4A, 6A and 8A have lot of room since they have desks on both sides of the seat. 2L, 4L, 6L and 9L are also very nice, not so much desk space but fuselage gives little extra legroom when sleeping. If you prefer legroom over privacy, 8H has best legroom in plane. 8A, 8D, 1H and 1D have also quite nice legroom space (more than standard).

Worst seat is hands-down 7A, not only there is someone blocking access to aisle, but also window is missing. Overall 1A/C/L, 3A/C/L, 5A/C/L, 7A/C/L, 9A/C and 10L are bad seats. 8L is "ok-ish" due to increased legspace.

In economy, comfort seats are relatively equal. Row 21 doesn't have that much extra legspace to make it attractive. In order to optimise chances for free seat next to me, I'd select 25C/J. Empirical evidence suggests that many people don't want window seats when aisle is occupied, however, they go for aisle seat even if window is occupied.

Row 41 has heaps of legspace, but ambient noise is quite high there and toilet light/queue might disturb.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Reflektia, thanks for a very good coverage of the A330 seats. This should be added to the Seating thread!

How is A330 wifi doing? Which planes already have wifi?
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by ffay005
How is A330 wifi doing? Which planes already have wifi?
LTN and LTU. LTO is in HKG for maintenance and will have wifi when it returns. (Of course this info comes from OH-LGG originally )
Old Jan 17, 2017, 12:50 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by reflektia
Overall 1A/C.
Have the best space for legs on the plane - same as 1 D & H (they are like 8 D & H) - but they don t have a window. All uneven L seats are better then the even ones, since your leg room is open to the aisle side, this gives you more room. On the even seats you are limited by your desk on the left side and by the fuslelage on the right side.

The single A seats are better then the dbl A seat, and again - but it s like a small coffin around your legs.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 5:28 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by reflektia

In economy, comfort seats are relatively equal. Row 21 doesn't have that much extra legspace to make it attractive.
I guess row 21 is really about which aircraft one is flying on. If you follow the chart created by intuition, you can see if row 21 should be preferred, or avoided
Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by jmmi
LTN and LTU. LTO is in HKG for maintenance and will have wifi when it returns. (Of course this info comes from OH-LGG originally )
LTO coming tonight from HKG so 3 planes with wifi now.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:03 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by jmmi
I was on LTN on January 9. Wifi was already installed (i.e. I could see the signal on my phone), but they still needed to upgrade the software = no wifi. Maybe that has already changed.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:22 am

I''ll see today how is wifi working in LTN.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:57 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
I''ll see today how is wifi working in LTN.
Worked mostly fine on 15JAN (NGO-HEL).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.